Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 03-24-2019, 11:01 PM   #1
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Map Requests

Al's Cartography is OPEN for business!

Hey guys, I have recently purchased a cartography software and wanted to give the OOTP community some fun conversation starters. I created a fun little starter map recently for Eugene Church on one of his threads. I am now open for requests, free of charge.

I know some people create their own fictional universes outside of a standard MLB save and might like a little extra visual to go along with their story if they choose to bring it to the forums.

The program is called Wonderdraft and it is $29.99 for the dedicated cartographer. I have been searching for the perfect map making program and finally found the one. Lots of cool features you can add to a map to make it realistic to a particular idea.

Feel free to ask for a map or PM me, just make sure to tell me everything you want on the map: cities, mountains, forests, or anything else that could be found on a map. I will add some examples of maps made by myself and others on the internet that use Wonderdraft so you can see the programs capabilities.

Thanks for your time

Last edited by Sizeman21; 03-24-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Sizeman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

sizeman21 is really good.

He did a wonderful job on my dynasty map.

Here it is... just a little bigger.

sizeman21 did the excellent one on the left... my mediocre creation is on the right.

I think it's clear which one is the best.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-24-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Reminds me that I once spent way too much time creating an entire worlddb and this map (with working coordinates in the db). Might revisit it one day, but I told myself to stop making fictional leagues and just play one for a long time.
Attached Images
Old 03-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Reminds me that I once spent way too much time creating an entire worlddb and this map (with working coordinates in the db). Might revisit it one day, but I told myself to stop making fictional leagues and just play one for a long time.
Excellent map! Reminds me alot of the Koana Islands from years back.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:51 PM   #5
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

I am still working on maps if anyone is interested. I mostly use map generators because I don't have photoshop anymore and I know there are better tools out there for free I can use.

I could try doing something more specific I make and not a generator. Message me if interested.

Al's Cartography is open for business!
Old 03-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
I am still working on maps if anyone is interested. I mostly use map generators because I don't have photoshop anymore and I know there are better tools out there for free I can use.

I could try doing something more specific I make and not a generator. Message me if interested.

Al's Cartography is open for business!
I like the way you put the team secondary logos on the map
Also the way you put the divisions with the team logos and the league logo... very nice touch... I may try to add your ideas to my North Island-South Island map... but as you know, I am far less skilled than you.

Thanks the beautiful North Island map you made for me.

Hope the OOTP Community will use your skills.
Maybe you should also post on the Dynasty Forum.
Maybe some of the dynasty writers will want to add a map of their fictional worlds... I always think this adds something special to a dynasty league.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-06-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:41 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for your offer to create maps for the OOTP Community.
I have a dynasty league that I recently expanded... you did a beautiful North Island map... I recently expanded the dynasty to include South Island. I did my own map... it took me forever using Paint... but I was pleased with the results... considering my lack of graphics skills, it came out well.

Here is my map of North Island and South Island.
I named all of the lakes, hills, bayous, harbors and bays... they are in small letters... some of the names are in French... South Island was settled by the Chitamaca Indians and French Acadians... enlarge the map and you can make them out.
I would like to add team logos near the town names like you did on your league maps... that really looks good.
Really like the way you used the League Name, Division Names, Team Names on the two maps in this thread... would like for you to create the same for me.

Direction-wise, my map is not North-South... I could not rotate my map to get North Island north of South Island... North is to the left on my map and the top is the East... it fits better on the OOTP website screens with the width more than height... I guess I need a direction symbol on it.

Feel free to make my map better... would appreciate any suggestions or ideas from you... if you have a better idea for the island, that is fine... Below is a copy of the blank map that I used if you need it.
Use whatever style of map that you prefer... the vintage style for the North Island map looked fine to me with the sailing ships... but I am open to your suggestions.

Let me know what you need... I suppose you will need my team secondary logos and league logos... the secondary logos might look good near the town names on the maps.

Looking forward to what you come up with.

Click on Map to Enlarge
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-07-2020 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:03 AM   #8
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Hey EC,

Wow that map is your work?! Considerably better than what your first Islandia map looked like all those years ago! You are a natural!

I actually really like your map, with all of the fjords and bays. Your coastline is great and land features are excellent as well. I will create a version of your South Island map to see what you think, but I will also just add the logos to your two islands to see what that looks like.

Do you know how to zip a folder to me using WinRar + 3rd party website for a download link to get me your logos? If not, i will teach you. It is a easy few step process.

Anyways, I will get started on your map mid day on Monday. I am out with the girlfriend all day tomorrow.

Alex
Old 03-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey EC,

Wow that map is your work?! Considerably better than what your first Islandia map looked like all those years ago! You are a natural!

I actually really like your map, with all of the fjords and bays. Your coastline is great and land features are excellent as well. I will create a version of your South Island map to see what you think, but I will also just add the logos to your two islands to see what that looks like.

Do you know how to zip a folder to me using WinRar + 3rd party website for a download link to get me your logos? If not, i will teach you. It is a easy few step process.

Anyways, I will get started on your map mid day on Monday. I am out with the girlfriend all day tomorrow.

Alex
It took me endless hours of trial and error in Paint to do the North Island and South Island map... I wouldn't know where to begin to place team logos near town names like you do.

No, EC is a technological dunce.
Zipped files scare me to death... just don't ever deal with them.
I can't even get free fonts downloaded into my computer... that's one of the reasons I am very limited in doing logos, jerseys and caps... I don't have script fonts.

Does WinRar come installed on Microsoft Windows 10 or do I have buy it?

Give me detailed instructions and I will give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-09-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #10
micropterus58
All Star Starter

EC, download 7 Zip and/or IZArc. They are free and will extract most any type of compressed file. Make sure you d/l the correct version for your Win 10 (64 or 32 bit). Both WinZip and WinRar are trial versions with nag screens unless you pay. Youtube is usually good for instructions and kitty videos.

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
https://www.izarc.org/downloads

how to install https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQ3YMOTDVs
how to use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8ekZyPIAs
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:48 PM   #11
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
EC, download 7 Zip and/or IZArc. They are free and will extract most any type of compressed file. Make sure you d/l the correct version for your Win 10 (64 or 32 bit). Both WinZip and WinRar are trial versions with nag screens unless you pay. Youtube is usually good for instructions and kitty videos.

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
https://www.izarc.org/downloads

how to install https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQ3YMOTDVs
how to use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8ekZyPIAs
Really appreciate the help... I have got to learn how to deal with zip files... it's really a big handicap not to be able to download them.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:01 AM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey EC,

Alex
micropterus advised me to download the free software 7-Zip.

Can I use it to ship my logos file to you?
Old 03-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #13
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
micropterus advised me to download the free software 7-Zip.

Can I use it to ship my logos file to you?
Yes you can. if you follow the steps provided from the videos step by step, and use a website like Mediafire.com (free to use, just have to make an account ) to import them and send me a link after you have successfully uploaded the file, I will be able to use them as needed. At first, it looks like a daunting process but I have done it many many times and never had a problem. If you know a quicker way, just try that I guess.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #14
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes you can. if you follow the steps provided from the videos step by step, and use a website like Mediafire.com (free to use, just have to make an account ) to import them and send me a link after you have successfully uploaded the file, I will be able to use them as needed. At first, it looks like a daunting process but I have done it many many times and never had a problem. If you know a quicker way, just try that I guess.
Maybe this time I will be able to do the daunting process.

I'll do my best.

Is it possible that I could place my team logos into a zip file and then just email them to you or maybe post the zip file here in this thread.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #15
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Maybe this time I will be able to do the daunting process.

I'll do my best.

Is it possible that I could place my team logos into a zip file and then just email them to you or maybe post the zip file here in this thread.
Try it, see what happens.

Sizeman21@gmail.com
Old 03-11-2020, 10:15 PM   #16
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Try it, see what happens.

Sizeman21@gmail.com
I give it a try tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:15 PM   #17
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, Sizeman21, I had to stock up on food supplies in case this virus thing keeps spreading... no telling how bad it might get... should have time on Friday to make the zip file with the North Island and South Island team logos.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:23 AM   #18
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Just finished getting the zip file together with 24 teams' Secondary Logos and 4 league logos.
I hope they will look good on the map.

I will see if I can use 7Zip to compress it and email it to you.
Will do it tomorrow (Saturday)… got to figure out how to use 7Zip.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-14-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, Sizeman21, the videos did not help much... they move too fast to follow what they are doing... and they don't really go step-by-step... sorry, to be so slow and dumb computer-wise… I did download 7-zip 64-bit, I think.

When I click on 7-zip in my start menu, I am given a choice... I chose 7-zip file manager and the first screenshot comes up

What do I do next?.

The second screenshot is the third screen I went to... I hit add on the second screen to get the third screen to open.

I did trial-and-error to see if I could do it, but it didn't work... I right clicked and chose 7-zip... clicked on compress and email, but it didn't work... it said I had to have an email address... but there was no place to put the email address.

Hope you can give me step-by-step instructions.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-14-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:53 PM   #20
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I checked in Documents and found the file folder... it had a zip extension.
But I don't know what to do with it.

Here is a screenshot.
Attached Images