Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

Changing starting year

I have a fictional 6 tier PR quickstart comprised only of the configurations. No players. Not even the creation of free agents. No draft has been held. No day has passed.

My problem is that I don't want to start in the same year as the quickstart. Is there a way to change that setting?

I found reference to templates in old threads that appear to be what I need. I cannot find that function in OOTP19.

Thanks.

Last edited by gbwitheyes; 03-14-2019 at 09:31 PM.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

re-create it.

but, before you begin league, make sure to go to 'advanced options' if there isn't an input box for starting year... i'm 80% sure it's in the wizard/start up options you select, too. probably just mised it. easy to do.

please note, that you want to change historical year to anything but an existing year for that release, too. otherwise it will affect your settings related to statistical era and such. that's in the Stats and AI settings page, on the left, near top. this setting may or may not be there are game creation, i don't recall... it exists after the game is created for sure.

this value only controls historical stuff and it auto-increments the value each year you play it out... so it can be useful to pick a real year too, if you intention is a fictional league that resembles 1956, for example.

however, after setting the league up, you may want to chage that value before teh end of the year. that way, if you want 1956-like statistical environemtn in perpetuity, it won't change unless something causes it to (player ratings change, increasing # of mlb teams etc, things that influence ratings and distribution, not just the LTM/LT settings in stats and AI).. so before it turns to 1957 season (not sure if that's jan 1 or fist day of offseason relative to what matters), make sure to change it to 2050 or something.

that way it will keep whatever settings it imported, and it won't change them unless you tell it to.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-14-2019 at 09:35 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #3
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

thanks!

Your comments provided enough of a thread to get me started. It appears that everything I'm after is somewhere in that neighborhood.

Thanks for your quick response. The support from the OOTP family is one of the greatest features of this game.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote