Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
Ashbury
Minors (Single A)

I'm out

Got bored. Auctioned off all my players for cheap to some lucky strangers. Squandered my PP until I was down to 5 on each of my accounts. Got a nastygram from the admins, for my efforts. My work here is done. Ciao.

Last edited by Ashbury; 11-30-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
Got bored.
Care to elaborate?

That whole process sounds like a ragequit.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Bye.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
Kushiel
All Star Starter

You can't please all the people all of the time.
Take care.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #5
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
Got a nastygram from the admins, for my efforts.
Lucky it wasn't a ban
Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

You people jumping the OP are counterproductive. I mean, this is a guy who’s likely been a customer since at least 2009.

But whatever. Suit yourselves. I’ve had since OOTP 1 and I’ve never seen such vitriol at customers by customers. Almost as if there’s psychological issues at play with addiction to the mode.

Weird, whodathunkit. Oh yeah. Me.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 11-30-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:01 PM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
You people jumping the OP are counterproductive. I mean, this is a guy who’s likely been a customer since at least 2009.

But whatever. Suit yourselves. I’ve had since OOTP 1 and I’ve never seen such vitriol at customers by customers. Almost as if there’s psychological issues at play with addiction to the mode.

lol. It is kinda weird I agree..
Old 11-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #8
acclaim99
Major Leagues

whose jumping on him? literally not one post.

i said bye, others said take care, one said lucky no ban.... odd people.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:23 PM   #9
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Whatever you say, Mr. I-swear-I-don't-think-I'm-better-than-everybody-because-I-don't-play-this-mode.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #10
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I am kind of amazed you are still checking this part of the forum since you have had nothing but contempt for the whole Perfect Team concept since the beginning.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:43 PM   #11
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I am kind of amazed you are still checking this part of the forum since you have had nothing but contempt for the whole Perfect Team concept since the beginning.

I'm amazed you are amazed since I have said sadly I wont give them another dime but I have bought this and every OOTP game since 1 so I have every right and was asked by Markus to try it.

I am also amazed that you misrepresent where even I said the mode is fun. Things can be wrong and fun. I believe the model of this mode is immoral to the extent an for the reasons I've previously outlined. You can disagree, as I've said as well. But the level of vitriol again, and flat out lies like yours and the one above from the guy with the Brewers avatar (that said I didn't play it) well, that's not productive. And it's harmful to the game community for this product.

I wouldn't give two cents now for any future OOTPD product if they got rid of the gambling aspects because of the many people I've seen mobbed on this forum by sycophants with torches and pitchforks without word one from the devs.

But proceed with your lies.

Res ipsa loquitur

and

Adios, muchachos.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 11-30-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:09 PM   #12
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm amazed you are amazed since I have said sadly I wont give them another dime but I have bought this and every OOTP game since 1 so I have every right and was asked by Markus to try it.

I am also amazed that you misrepresent where even I said the mode is fun. Things can be wrong and fun. I believe the model of this mode is immoral to the extent an for the reasons I've previously outlined. You can disagree, as I've said as well. But the level of vitriol again, and flat out lies like yours and the one above from the guy with the Brewers avatar (that said I didn't play it) well, that's not productive. And it's harmful to the game community for this product.

I wouldn't give two cents now for any future OOTPD product if they got rid of the gambling aspects because of the many people I've seen mobbed on this forum by sycophants with torches and pitchforks without word one from the devs.

But proceed with your lies.

Res ipsa loquitur

and

Adios, muchachos.
You sir are the most vitriolic person I have seen on this forum. Nobody said one hateful thing to the OP but you come on here blasting everybody with your holier than thou attitude claiming your moral outrage. Obviously to everybody but you, you are an unhappy person that enjoys trying to spread your general disdain for everything not introduced by yourself.trying to make the rest of the world as unhappy as you are.

Have a great day while you move to another post and give us your opinions on this vile game of OOTP..

Old 12-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #13
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acclaim99 View Post
whose jumping on him? literally not one post.

i said bye, others said take care, one said lucky no ban.... odd people.
That's the problem with the written word. The reader can mistakenly come up with opposite emotions they think the writer had. In some of the past years of OOTP forums, there were guys that would have responded "Goodbye threads suck", but luckily that hasn't been the case here.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:04 AM   #14
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure I understand the motifs of anybody throwing knives in this thread, including the OP doing the weirdest victory lap. Can't we just play ball?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Yes... Constructive criticism is great.. WE ALL PROFIT!.. But no one should take the FUN out of what most users are experiencing.. There is so much nasty stuff in this world.. I come here and play to get away from that garbage.. I agree PLAY BALL!... or "Take Your ball and go home"LOL… Not meant for anyone in particular... Just sayin
Old 12-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #16
Black Death
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I understand all too well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I'm not sure I understand the motifs of anybody throwing knives in this thread, including the OP doing the weirdest victory lap. Can't we just play ball?
No, I'm afraid we'll never "just play ball" again. As of PT, OOTP has been dragged out of Eden. There will be a cost, and I'm sad that a long-timer like Ashbury has hung up his cleats. You're going to see more of that, and I'm deeply troubled by it. I've been here under a couple of guises since '06, and I've never seen this level of anger.

I think it was Steve Garvey who said, "The old player cared about the name on the front of the uniform. The new ones care about the name on the back." The Twitter-mob mentality that has taken hold of the diehard PT supporters is exactly the sort of nonsense that the Honorable Gentleman from the People's Republic of California was referring to. It's destructive as hell.

Do I have a PT entry? Sure. Am I enjoying it? Not at all. It's anathema to turn baseball into a financial whorehouse. That's what Curt Flood and the 9 Black Robed Simpletons did back in the 70's, and free agency has ruined the game ever since.

Also, Airdrop01 is spot on—the level of vitriol is staggering. It'll break our community if we aren't careful. Censorship of posts is ongoing. Prior to this, the only posts that got pulled were because somebody went full a****le. There's a lot of bullying and name calling and cheap middle school sarcasm now—and it's being ignored. It'll only get worse. You see, without PT, we all paid our $40 (or less) and played as equals. We cooperated. We were like a family—not without differences, but with a common bond. That's no longer going to be the case. Eventually, in all monetized systems, a mentality of entitlement develops among the monied. It's part of the ugly side of human nature.

It's a damned shame that PT wasn't just a separate product entirely. That would have solved so many problems.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #17
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
No, I'm afraid we'll never "just play ball" again. As of PT, OOTP has been dragged out of Eden. [...]Do I have a PT entry? Sure. Am I enjoying it? Not at all.
First of all, nobody makes you play PT personally, you can always just play the singleplayer game where nobody bothers you. Also, "dragged out of Eden" is the sort of hyperbole that incinerates the majority of discussions. People can't get to first place in their entry pool because somebody dropped a couple of $100 bills on the game and has six perfects and a 20-game lead in the pool, and they act like the guy just entered their home, violated their dog, and took a dump on the lawn. Everything is blown out of proportion (but it always is with online multiplayer gaming, which is why I usually steer clear...).

Point is, nobody has to stop playing OOTP. PT wasn't in your life a month ago, no need to keep PT in your life when other people spending more money than you want to / can afford to are aggravating your blood pressure.

Quote:
It's anathema to turn baseball into a financial whorehouse. That's what Curt Flood and the 9 Black Robed Simpletons did back in the 70's, and free agency has ruined the game ever since.
Yeah, baseball was so much better when players were slaves to the owners.

Quote:
Censorship of posts is ongoing.
It is not. They are closing the 192nd and 193rd demands for free-to-play-only leagues, as they should do when it has been stated 191 times that they are not in the cards. Pun intended.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #18
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
First of all, nobody makes you play PT personally, you can always just play the singleplayer game where nobody bothers you. Also, "dragged out of Eden" is the sort of hyperbole that incinerates the majority of discussions. People can't get to first place in their entry pool because somebody dropped a couple of $100 bills on the game and has six perfects and a 20-game lead in the pool, and they act like the guy just entered their home, violated their dog, and took a dump on the lawn. Everything is blown out of proportion (but it always is with online multiplayer gaming, which is why I usually steer clear...).

Point is, nobody has to stop playing OOTP. PT wasn't in your life a month ago, no need to keep PT in your life when other people spending more money than you want to / can afford to are aggravating your blood pressure.

Yeah, baseball was so much better when players were slaves to the owners.

It is not. They are closing the 192nd and 193rd demands for free-to-play-only leagues, as they should do when it has been stated 191 times that they are not in the cards. Pun intended.
so cute to see you defending no "free-to-play-only leagues" in all the threads that are mentioning it. keep up the good work...
Old 12-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #19
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
so cute to see you defending no "free-to-play-only leagues" in all the threads that are mentioning it. keep up the good work...
Looks like we all have our favorite harp to pluck.

And I have elaborated at length, multiple times, why there can't be such leagues. It is not a valid business model. That is why it will never happen, and there does not need to be any discussion about but whyyyyy...

Old 12-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's what Curt Flood and the 9 Black Robed Simpletons did back in the 70's, and free agency has ruined the game ever since.
Get your facts straight. Curt Flood lost and the SC had no role in the Seitz decision.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Closed Thread