Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thank You

I was just thinking today that FHM5 would not be out before the regular season begins IRL.
I was thinking I would either have to start a new league in FHM 4 and do a pile of editing to players, teams etc etc. Then I would not get it right then become an unhappy camper.
But again OOTP pulls a 🐇 out of their 🎩.
Thank you OOTP has saved me a great of stress and 🤬 at my 💻 .👍
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

By releasing the exact same game as last year with updated rosters for $35.99. Great job guys
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
tward13
All Star Starter

And you know it's the same game how?
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:53 AM   #4
bjernagris
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
By releasing the exact same game as last year with updated rosters for $35.99. Great job guys
That is just plain wrong and a deeply unfair comment. The developers have built on last year's game and added/improved several important features including online, tactics, player roles and team chemistry. Saying it is the same game as last year just makes you come off as ignorant and uninformed.

iNHL is the longest running FHM online league in the world

- Semi-realistic, modern-day NHL league
- Running since 2015, currently in our 30th season (two restarts)
- Active, friendly community
- Own research team adding real-life prospects to make drafts more realistic
- Recently moved to FHM10
- Read more and apply HERE
bjernagris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:00 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
This is nonsense.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjernagris View Post
That is just plain wrong and a deeply unfair comment. The developers have built on last year's game and added/improved several important features including online, tactics, player roles and team chemistry. Saying it is the same game as last year just makes you come off as ignorant and uninformed.
Looks the same, plays the same, adds very little. Nothing I have seen has convinced me that this is the “best version of the game”

I have an opinion that is as valid as those who love $37 season updates.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #7
bjernagris
Minors (Single A)

Well, it is the latest instalment in a series of games so I would have been surprised if it was wildly different from the previous ones. Just like with OOTP (and virtually every other series of sports games), the developers are building on an existing foundation and making incremental improvements to it with each release. That is how development happens.

Please try being informed instead of just opinionated, the discussion becomes more constructive that way. For example, what are some of the improvements you would have liked to see?

iNHL is the longest running FHM online league in the world

- Semi-realistic, modern-day NHL league
- Running since 2015, currently in our 30th season (two restarts)
- Active, friendly community
- Own research team adding real-life prospects to make drafts more realistic
- Recently moved to FHM10
- Read more and apply HERE
bjernagris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #8
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Looks the same, plays the same, adds very little. Nothing I have seen has convinced me that this is the “best version of the game”

They have added online play functionality. That's different. Also changes in tactics, etc.

Were you expecting a completely different looking game?

Have you actually played the new game? If not, how can you make such a blanket statement?
Old 09-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #9
vtmx
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Dude, you have literally seen just a couple of screenshots and a brief preview of the actual finished game. Let the game at least hit the market before you make a statement like this.
vtmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #10
P.Lehtonen#23
Bat Boy

Yes. Thank you guys, for listening to the community and making the game better. I haven't played it yet, but I already know it's going to be better because of the changes you've made.
P.Lehtonen#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

Just adding online league play makes it different and makes me extremely happy. Thank you guys for FHM and OOTP. I have been playing OOTP baseball for over 10 versions now and commishing for about 6 of those versions. I appreciate all the hard work and time that is put into these guys. I look forward to the updates every year and yes sometimes it feels like there aren't huge updates but that's the same with games like Madden, NHL or NBA games on gaming systems.
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:31 PM   #12
RoPa
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I'm curious, what features would you add to the game to make it worth your $37?
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:19 AM   #13
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Improved tactics, where you can setup unit tactics and for every player itself is BIG improve over FHM 4.

I have feeling that many critics for FHM are coming from OOTP players, easy guys, OOTP is in it's 19th version, while FHM in it's 5th. And I think I read somewhere that Sebastian wrote it how he already has ideas for next ten versions of game so future is bright for FHM series
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #14
coatnoise
Bat Boy

Quote:
Hwy man, for as much as I disagree with your take, it is good to see another Leeds based FHM fan.

Who do you get your local hockey game fix with ? I am having to travel to bloody Sheffield !!
coatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #15
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Cool! Owned 1.. Returned 2 and 3.. Skipped 4. Hopeful for 5.

Curious though: who is on the Dev team this time around?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:18 PM   #16
mavericktango
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatnoise View Post
Hwy man, for as much as I disagree with your take, it is good to see another Leeds based FHM fan.

Who do you get your local hockey game fix with ? I am having to travel to bloody Sheffield !!
And another Leeds based hockey fan. Not so much these days, as you say there's nothing convenient nearby, but I was involved in the supporters club and writing the program in the early days of Oxford City Stars in the mid-80's. Also followed GB round the 90's world championship venues (Eindhoven, Bratislava, Bolzano, Katowice etc)

These days it's just the occasional game on TV lol
Old 09-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #17
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I need too see a complete feature's list before I make any conclusions.

That seems too be absent at the moment.

Are they still adding stuff(hopefully more expansion options) or still testing it?

It seems odd to pre order something without a complete features list.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:08 PM   #18
tward13
All Star Starter

I'm happy to get the game with the new roster and whatever improvements they make.

I probably won't be interested in the expansion and fantasy stuff anyway
Old 09-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #19
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I get too bored playing the same old NHL game. Ottawa vs Toronto gets old,however Toronto vs San Antonio or Toronto Maple Leafs playing in another league(it can be done in previous games but takes time).

I want every league to be different the next time around. Expansion help's shake things up but limited expansion means that after a few years then you are stuck with the same teams unless you delete a team or two or just change their name or move them too another division or conference.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:15 AM   #20
mjerome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Expansion teams still can't participate in their first Entry draft. They have to play an entire year before getting any drafted prospects to develop. Seem ridiculous? Agreed. Design mistake since FHM2, still present in FHM5.

Below are responses I've received about this over the years:

2015:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's the way it works right now, unfortunately, since the expansion teams can't appear in the game until after the annual changeover, which is July 1, after the June entry draft. We're looking at ways around the problem, but it's going to be fairly complicated to change.
2017:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We have only limited work resources, so we work through new features by priority. At some point we will reach the point where we have the time to do something like this.

But with Las Vegas this year you should be able to do what you want to do (at least pretty close to it).
2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
No. We can´t add a team before July 1st to the DB, it would break the game as it is now. To make this happen we have to rewrite a lot of code and right now that is not a major priority. Sorry.
mjerome is offline   Reply With Quote