Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #381
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Are there seriously that many that it's an issue? I've never run into one in many seasons of hiring.
It can be, especially when trying to find staff for minor league teams. I would love to be able to filter out the guys that aren't interested.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #382
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
It can be, especially when trying to find staff for minor league teams. I would love to be able to filter out the guys that aren't interested.
There's no legitimate reason this feature couldn't be and hasn't been implemented. It's been part of the Football Manager series for as long as I can remember so it's not new technology.
TanzKommandant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #383
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzKommandant View Post
There's no legitimate reason this feature couldn't be and hasn't been implemented. It's been part of the Football Manager series for as long as I can remember so it's not new technology.
You mean other than the developer has to prioritize what gets coded and what doesn't

Tons of things on their "to do list" bun a finite amount of time to code. Nature of the beast
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #384
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You mean other than the developer has to prioritize what gets coded and what doesn't

Tons of things on their "to do list" bun a finite amount of time to code. Nature of the beast
I totally agree with this. There's always too much to fix/add and not enough time to do it.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #385
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

Guys, you are killing me with these patches in my online leagues. It's at the point I don't know if my exports are going to work sim to sim.
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #386
b1wein
Bat Boy

New idea

Hi! I love the game so far, it's working great. And I know that there's a finite amount of time to code. But it would be really nice if, when you shop a player, instead of seeing the one-for-one offers by team, they showed up on a sortable screen, so we could figure out which ones are worth doing the trade much easier.
b1wein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #387
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

Still no button to include every country to be added to IFA??? ugh...guess ill have to hope and wait for 19 for this seemingly easy addition...frustrated!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #388
Dullard
Bat Boy

I haven't played for a few months. Came back and updated with the hotfix. Loaded my game and realized my lineups, pitching staffs, and rosters were all modified without my consent. I can't wait to figure out just exactly where all my players were placed after my long break. I guess I do have game logs to go off of, but the tedium. Also, putting players on my active roster without my consent ISN'T cool. Seriously, I am f'ing pissed. Why did this happen?

Last edited by Dullard; 09-04-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Dullard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #389
rocktober
Bat Boy

I would like on the BNN page of a player if he was suspended for something longer than a week. It should be noted on their "bio"
rocktober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #390
LackAttack
Bat Boy

Norm Cash

As this is my first post, I hope I am posting in the correct area. I noticed Norm Cash has "Unknown" listed as his hometown.
I can tell you with 100% accuracy he is from Justiceburg, Texas. We used to drive by it every time we went from Dallas to Lubbock. It is almost certainly a ghost town now. It consisted of a post office and a couple of other building back in the 70's.
LackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:20 PM   #391
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LackAttack View Post
As this is my first post, I hope I am posting in the correct area. I noticed Norm Cash has "Unknown" listed as his hometown.
I can tell you with 100% accuracy he is from Justiceburg, Texas. We used to drive by it every time we went from Dallas to Lubbock. It is almost certainly a ghost town now. It consisted of a post office and a couple of other building back in the 70's.
OOTP doesnt have towns under 500 population I believe. i know it does not have towns under 100 population.Justiceburg is listed at 60 although the zip code is 79 K.Is justiceburg listed in ootp?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:29 PM   #392
LackAttack
Bat Boy

I believe his hometown is listed as "unknown" in OOTP18.
LackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #393
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I'd really like to see an option when in the commish mode to check box not to fire certain AI staff on other teams. For example, say there is a Manager on one of the teams in my league I want there for his career I check off the box and he will never be fired - only retire.