Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
Diamok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Relocation and Expansion Options?

Hey Michael,

Posted this in another thread, but decided to create it's own as it was probably going unnoticed.

So wondering about relocation and expansion options in an existing league...is this something that will be included in release, added via an update or not implemented at all?

As with the above question, what about starting a league as an expansion team with all the expansion draft bells and whistles? Or even having a league expand, requiring the user of a current team to set players they wish to keep or allow to enter the expansion draft?

As with everyone else, I am very excited for the release of this game and am highly looking forward to purchasing and playing.

Take care,
Old 06-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #2
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

I know in the FAQ expansion is mentioned as a feature but not sure if that's still in the works
Old 06-15-2016, 05:55 AM   #3
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamok View Post
Hey Michael,

Posted this in another thread, but decided to create it's own as it was probably going unnoticed.

So wondering about relocation and expansion options in an existing league...is this something that will be included in release, added via an update or not implemented at all?

As with the above question, what about starting a league as an expansion team with all the expansion draft bells and whistles? Or even having a league expand, requiring the user of a current team to set players they wish to keep or allow to enter the expansion draft?

As with everyone else, I am very excited for the release of this game and am highly looking forward to purchasing and playing.

Take care,

This will most likely not be part of the first version but it is on the agenda for later releases.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
Diamok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for reply Michael,

When you say not part of first version, but on the agenda for later releases...do you mean patches to the initial game release, or a whole other product to be released as a separate game?

Take care,
Old 06-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #5
Diamok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just a bump in case my clarification question got missed.

Take care,
Old 07-01-2016, 06:01 AM   #6
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamok View Post
Thanks for reply Michael,

When you say not part of first version, but on the agenda for later releases...do you mean patches to the initial game release, or a whole other product to be released as a separate game?

Take care,

This won't be included in a patch for the first release. Future release might have this feature.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:34 AM   #7
Diamok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for reply and info Michael.

Take care,
Old 12-24-2016, 01:28 AM   #8
captkirk685
Minors (Double A)

Dang expansion and relocation is two of the things I enjoyed most in the Baseball Sim. Now I have kind of lost interest in this Football game until this feature is included later on. I appreciate all the hard work you all do in developing these games and looking forward to being a customer when these features are included. Until then I will still be a customer of OOTPB.

Edit: Well on second thought I will still purchase the Football game to show support, im sure I will still enjoy it and look forward to watching it develop into what OOTPB is today.

Last edited by captkirk685; 12-24-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
mm7607
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Winter View Post
This won't be included in a patch for the first release. Future release might have this feature.

This might be a deal breaker for me. I think I'll stick with OOTP.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #10
chargerrich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Winter View Post
This will most likely not be part of the first version but it is on the agenda for later releases.
I have been lurking/following this project since early 2015... soooo looking for a replacement for Madden which is a poor franchise football GM sim.

It is really starting to sound like the initial BTS product will be pretty basic and watered down which is disappointing to hear. OOTP has set the sports sim bar high and I would much rather wait for a product that will be on that level than end up with a game that leaves a lot to be desired.

IMO releasing a sub-par product will only sour the target market from coming back.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #11
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

I don't think it's very reasonable to expect version 1 of BTS to be as good as version 17 of OOTP.

brad
Old 01-03-2017, 02:45 PM   #12
Diamok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmebrad View Post
I don't think it's very reasonable to expect version 1 of BTS to be as good as version 17 of OOTP.

brad
I agree with this statement, however, there are plenty of other Football Simulation games on the market that do not offer Expansion and or Relocation...I do not own any of those and will not purchase BTS until those features are included.

Now I'm not saying BTS will be sub par, I actually have faith in OOTPD that they will release a game far more superior than anything currently available. But for me, those two features are a must.

Take care,
Old 01-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #13
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

If you code a non-customizable game, you'll have to re-code most of it once the number of teams isn't always 32. It's better to not assume anything about the league structure, but instead include a special case for the 32-team structure.

The biggest weakness with the existing football sims on the market is that none of them allow a fully customizable fictional league. (Mogul sort-of allows it, but it's a serious pain in the ass.)