Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
plinko83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Future Schedules Never Change

Folks, sorry if this is somewhere else on the board, I did a search and didn't see it.

I started with 2016 and am playing forward with the Braves. I've noticed my schedule never changes from year to year (i'm in 2019 now).

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is...any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
plinko83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

You're into seasons which have no real-life schedule counterpart to use, so OOTP uses the 2016 schedule (but it should be swapping around the opponents within the match-ups).

In terms of options, in the pre-season period you could import a schedule file, either a custom-made one or a historical schedule file from another major league season. Just be sure any schedule file you wish to import has parameters which exactly match those you have set for your league, or else the schedule file won't import.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 11-20-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

You can re-order the schedule, but yes, I notice this as well. I have one league that's 16 and another that's 14 teams, with two divisions. To change up interleague play, I have to move the position of one of the divisions, or else the same teams play in interleague play.
jokerhusky1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it should changeup teamid's in the schedule each new year.

not 100% sure how it handles interleague... but what you are explaining doesn't sound like normal behaviour.

did you create a schedule? is it named the same as the league? try making it a general file name if so. make sure there aren'y 2 copies of the same schedule, too. in some situations it could just swap between the 2 and you'd always have the exact same scedule.

if you only speak of format, ie same days off each year, that is normal for ootp. but, the randomization of the teamids for the schedule should prevent you from always seeing the same days off for your team. basically one year you are detroit and start with detroit's initial schedule, then each year after that you should be given a different team's schedule from that schedule file. for every team in your league, that's the # of different schedules you can see with 1 team...

since each team liekly plays their division foes more often in your schedule, that may explain why you always see the same interleague... its something it must not handle well when jumbling the team id's. you'd think it'd at least rotate each of the dividions if they all have the same # of teams... !! do you have the same number of teams in each division? that might fix that behaviour! it might not, too.

either way, play with the settings if you don't like the results... also check the mods section for schedules... you can make your own array of schedules to rotate through if you want.

name them all the same, add <name>_C_a <name>_C_b and it will rotate through them alphabetically each year.

Last edited by NoOne; 11-30-2016 at 04:32 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

With the announced changes in the CBA, I'll be making a new schedule pack for 2018 and onwards. Once the schedules are done, you'll be able to import them into the game.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote