Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Coach using forward as defenceman

So I hired a head coach... and he has an interesting strategy.

He likes to put forwards, one forward, on the fourth defensive pairing. All by himself. And play the unlucky man 7 minutes a game.

Can't fire the coach and can't fix this manually.
Attached Images
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Yeah the coach firing needs to be fixed. I dont get it. When I take over a team I cant bring in "my guys" or guys that share my philosophy. And I'm sure that GM's have more control over their coach's fate without owners blocking them constantly. I was 4-15-2 with Jersey and I couldnt fire Hynes and my owner thought things were fine when our expectation was to be in the playoff race.

As a GM you should have the ability to build a team at all levels. That means bringing in players and a coach that share your philosophy not building a team around a coach.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post

He likes to put forwards, one forward, on the fourth defensive pairing. All by himself. And play the unlucky man 7 minutes a game.

Interesting, must be the 19th skater the Finnish rules allow conflicting with the line selection procedure. But I suspect he's not actually playing those 7 minutes on D, since using the 4th pair is a league-level setting that isn't turned on for the Mestis - he's probably filling in on various forward lines when one player on them is penalized/fatigued. We'll figure out what's going wrong.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #4
Lazion

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post

That's actually how 21 men line-up works: Coaches can dress 7th defender or 13th forward and use him in different situations.

How AI handles extra player in FHM needs some fine tuning, I think.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:27 PM   #5
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Yeah the coach firing needs to be fixed. I dont get it. When I take over a team I cant bring in "my guys" or guys that share my philosophy. And I'm sure that GM's have more control over their coach's fate without owners blocking them constantly. I was 4-15-2 with Jersey and I couldnt fire Hynes and my owner thought things were fine when our expectation was to be in the playoff race.

As a GM you should have the ability to build a team at all levels. That means bringing in players and a coach that share your philosophy not building a team around a coach.
Yup. It kind of sucks how the owner would rather fire me than his coach.

My current coach has a combined 15 wins over two seasons in a Finnish league I'm playing in. Can't fire him at all.

Hey devs, any chance of making owners less attached to coaches in the next update?
Old 11-17-2016, 11:28 PM   #6
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazion View Post
That's actually how 21 men line-up works: Coaches can dress 7th defender or 13th forward and use him in different situations.

How AI handles extra player in FHM needs some fine tuning, I think.
I noticed that there was 21 dressed players in the Finnish leagues. Interesting stuff. As long as the player isn't being put out on his own as a fourth pairing, I'm okay with it - though it looks kind of weird. The best way to avoid it is just have 20 players on the active roster.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Still, head coaches like to screw your lineup a lot.

Ekblad was 20 RD and Lindholm 20LD. It took 6 months for my coach to switch their position Ekblad 20LD?? Lindholm 20LD?? but they were already on the same pair.

I had a 20 years old rookie LW with 11 faceoff rating and he changed him into a center..

I had M. Bournival(1.5 star) as my 13th foward. He was left wing and not playing. HC decide to switch him to C and then replaced J Stall(3 star) on the 3rd line and completly screws up my line up for no reason.

I was winning 3-0 against Montreal Canadiens in the playoffs. HC decide to play backup goalie for 2 game sin a row for no reasons! (no injuries and no bad performances). It went 3-2 before he switched back to my main goaltender...

I signed A. Mantha to 4,500,000$ per year for 4 years to replace the loss of 2 LW last year. Head Coach make him start the season on the 4th line behind two LW AHLer. Then Mantha gets angry....thanks coach.

I think the game was made so you play Head Coach AND GM. AI Head Coach makes to many random choices

Last edited by Benexcelsior; 11-18-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote