Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #241
Lazion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Jeff,
Thanks for the response....I will reinstall and let you know. If the file is corrupted the reinstall will replace it? Or do I need to do some manual manipulations?
To answer your question I actually tried it several ways....letting the clock wind down, Sim to end of period, and speeding up time. Same result each time....each time the rink was empty.

Thanks again!
I had this problem in some previous build, but it sorted out after clicking 'change view' -button couple of times.
Actually, I really can't recall what I did exactly.. try that out if anything else doesn't fix it.
Lazion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #242
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Jeff,
Thanks for the response....I will reinstall and let you know. If the file is corrupted the reinstall will replace it? Or do I need to do some manual manipulations?
To answer your question I actually tried it several ways....letting the clock wind down, Sim to end of period, and speeding up time. Same result each time....each time the rink was empty.

Thanks again!
Yeah, it'll replace it if you uninstall and reinstall. The flag files are located in \Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\skins\default\game, if you want to have a look in there and check for sure. There should be 10 of them in various colours.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #243
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Jeff,

I installed the patch and continued a game I had started before (the one you looked at) and the game runs fine with new parts added but I do not see the Rink Flags. I started a new game in Commisioner Mode and got a job in the KHL. Started play with still no flags. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or is this suppose to happen?

I like the new changes but am curious.

Thanks!
I got this on occasion and found that clicking the 'period' toggle off and on fixed it
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #244
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If wild card teams make the playoffs,the conference standings have little meaning. Need Wild Card Standings also.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #245
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
GM's and coaches talk daily about lineups, and situations

Which is exactly what is NOT possible to do in the game!!!

That is what I'm saying: in real life you talk to the coaches this is NOT possible in the game.

Why are you twisting my words?

Ivan
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #246
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Ive started my game unemployeed without the commish mode on and then i go to available jobs and nothing is listed but i still was offered jobs by albany and Zagreb
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #247
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Ive started my game unemployeed without the commish mode on and then i go to available jobs and nothing is listed but i still was offered jobs by albany and Zagreb
The jobs won't be listed as available unless the efforts to sign a GM fail. You were the first choice for those two teams, so if you turn them down, then they'll look elsewhere.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #248
djskek
Minors (Single A)

I desperately miss a tactic save or lines save option. Would be nice if you could install with such an option.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #249
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
I desperately miss a tactic save or lines save option. Would be nice if you could install with such an option.
Yep. Or at least give this (idiot) assisstant the option of filling HOLES not changing my ENTIRE line-up.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #250
kuraeero
Bat Boy

Toronto just tried to send James van Riemsdyk to ahl and Dallas acquired him off the waivers.

That just doesn't seem right.
kuraeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:05 PM   #251
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuraeero View Post
Toronto just tried to send James van Riemsdyk to ahl and Dallas acquired him off the waivers.

That just doesn't seem right.
I saw Boston waive their entire top 6.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #252
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

I think that is a database error, rather than a game error. As the programmers said, the rosters are as of March 5th, but the salary cap is as of the start of the season. Most teams are so close to the salary cap, if not over, that they have to make stupid moves like putting JvR on waivers.

I think if you are going to use the March 5th rosters, there should be an increased salary cap, in order to prevent the teams from needing to reduce the cap in whatever way it can.

It would be incredible if we could start on March 5th with the updated rosters, but I understand why we can't. Unless someone is prepared to update the statistics of every player on every league, then I'm afraid we aren't going to be able to.

I think increasing the cap temporarily is the only option.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #253
lortmane
Bat Boy

Quote:
Jeff,

I installed the patch and continued a game I had started before (the one you looked at) and the game runs fine with new parts added but I do not see the Rink Flags. I started a new game in Commisioner Mode and got a job in the KHL. Started play with still no flags. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or is this suppose to happen?

I like the new changes but am curious.

Thanks!
I have that problem all the time if you desellect the periods you get them back
lortmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #254
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Okay if you start a new season you have this option to start with the default rosters or the rosters of 5th march but if I pick the default ( opening night ) roster will all players be updated with good potential and stuff like that?

Because at the 5th March rosters I think they players are often very good rated where they weren't at the start of this game.