Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
ElGingerman
Bat Boy

A question concerning optimum method of purchase.

With my biggest question (whether or not to buy) already being answered in the affirmative during the last 3-4 hours I have researched OOTP 14, I'm left with one more. From where should I purchase the game?

I have the latest 13" MacBook Pro and an iPhone5, so should I buy from the App Store? I also have a Steam account that I use. Would that be a better choice considering the hope of Community Workshop involvement in the near future? Or should I buy the game from the company itself?

P.S. Is there any distinction between vendor concerning whether or not one could receive any sort of discount on future titles?

P.S.S. This has been my most exciting find of the last...I don't know, significant amount of time! I have been subsisting on classic baseball rebroadcasts, MLB 2K13, and offseason GM-ing to pull me through 'til February.

The most effusive of thanks to all involved.
ElGingerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
msc123123
Minors (Single A)

I don't know of the differences between steam or from OOTP but if you buy using the apple app store you will not get the names of the actual MLB franchises per some restriction imposed by Apple.
msc123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #3
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGingerman View Post
With my biggest question (whether or not to buy) already being answered in the affirmative during the last 3-4 hours I have researched OOTP 14, I'm left with one more. From where should I purchase the game?

I have the latest 13" MacBook Pro and an iPhone5, so should I buy from the App Store? I also have a Steam account that I use. Would that be a better choice considering the hope of Community Workshop involvement in the near future? Or should I buy the game from the company itself?

P.S. Is there any distinction between vendor concerning whether or not one could receive any sort of discount on future titles?

P.S.S. This has been my most exciting find of the last...I don't know, significant amount of time! I have been subsisting on classic baseball rebroadcasts, MLB 2K13, and offseason GM-ing to pull me through 'til February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msc123123 View Post
I don't know of the differences between steam or from OOTP but if you buy using the apple app store you will not get the names of the actual MLB franchises per some restriction imposed by Apple.

You can purchase from the Apple App Store however there will be a delay in Apple posting the updates. When the developers release an update to Apple they take their time in reviewing it before they post it. That can become an annoyance after a while. Also, if for any reason during the first 14 days after purchase from the App Store you are not satisfied we can not refund your purchase. To obtain such refund you will have to go through Apple. Purchase from the App Store at your own risk.

As fa as real names go, there is a way to get them. Feel free to PM me or my good friend Bigrod and we will gladly tell how to do this.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
demjansk1942
Minors (Single A)

I purchased from Steam but I would probably buy direct next time especially if it's the same price.
demjansk1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Unless there is some significant reason otherwise the best option is to buy directly from OOTPD. I typically buy two complete versions every year. For v15 I may buy one of those two through Steam.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
demjansk1942
Minors (Single A)

Hi rch, Quick question, how do you get those thanks comments underneath your name? I tried to find an answer but nothing.
demjansk1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
ElGingerman
Bat Boy

Thanks

Thanks guys; I appreciate the feedback.
I ended up downloading straight from OOTP, I think it will be easier to install mods, and plus 100% of money goes to the company (pretty much). Started a quick league to learn the game and had a great 12 inning first game which I won! I'm looking to get involved with an online league next, is the best way just to do it through the game interface? Are those the only leagues there are?
Old 01-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demjansk1942 View Post
Hi rch, Quick question, how do you get those thanks comments underneath your name? I tried to find an answer but nothing.
Not quite sure what you mean.

People thank certain posts. I thanked your post; is that what you mean?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #9
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Not quite sure what you mean.

People thank certain posts. I thanked your post; is that what you mean?
I think he means your signature.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:

Welcome aboard.
If I were you, I'd definately purchase through ootp dev and not the App Store for the reasons my friend Bowtie mentioned. As for Steam, you can get a free key once you purchase from ootp directly.
Here's how:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3624661

Last edited by Bigrod; 01-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Thanks guys; I appreciate the feedback.
I ended up downloading straight from OOTP, I think it will be easier to install mods, and plus 100% of money goes to the company (pretty much). Started a quick league to learn the game and had a great 12 inning first game which I won! I'm looking to get involved with an online league next, is the best way just to do it through the game interface? Are those the only leagues there are?
Great choice
As for online lgs. Look in the Online lg. section as they usually invite people to join their lg. there. Sometimes in General section as well.
Here's one:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...st-thread.html
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

For online leagues I would read through how the league is structured and run. There are a lot of different types of leagues out there. I you spend some time investigating you will find one for you.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #13
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... already being answered in the affirmative...
I stopped reading here. Welcome aboard. You're going to love the game. If you use big college words like affirmative you're gonna fit in like an old sneaker or somethin'.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 01-08-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #14
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demjansk1942 View Post

Here:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  84.3 KB

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 AM   #15
ElGingerman
Bat Boy

Thanks to all who responded.

I have joined a couple of different online aggregations in addition to completing the first season of a fictional "testing" league. It was -- for lack of a better term -- awesome, even though I did lose in the tiebreaker game.

Cheerios,
Me