Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Playing same game on two computers

Hi, I have installed ootp on this computer. I have recently purchased a laptop and would like to play the game i play on this computer, on my laptop. For when im at work or have to go out. How can I do this? I already downloaded and entered license key on my second computer. Thank you!
itsideal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. It's pretty simple, just use a flash drive and when you exit each game session, have the game file saved on the flash drive. Then, plug it in to whatever pc your going to use for your next session, load from the drive, and you're all set.
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

thanks ump. but i still cant get that to work. i copied the entire ootp14 folder and put it on my flashdrive, then i tossed it inside my laptop and it still wont find anything. i cant click continue game. my laptop is windows 8 and my main comp is windows 7 (if this even matters) I'm just curious as to what is happening? when i click my saved games file folder on my main computer (where i play the league i want to put on my laptop) that folder is empty. I can't find anything. i dont know what people are talking about when they say check your .lg folder, cause there isn't anything there. so now im lost cause i dont know where the game is placing the files that its saving? im so lost. im at work and just want to get this thing to work already
Old 05-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

anyone???
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

I just looked, and I think you have to go to Game Menu/Advanced/Backup Game, then on your 2nd confuser, from the start screen, click the Load Game button on the upper right. A little more cumbersome than I thought, but it should work.
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
txranger
Hall Of Famer

In Windows 7 the game saves to the following location by default:

C:\Users\Administrator or user name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 14\saved games

You can go here after you exit the game on you home computer, copy your save file which has a .lg extension at the end of what name you saved the game under such as "NewGame2013.lg" to your flash drive, then copy it onto your laptop at the same location on the hard drive, start the game and go to Load Saved Game and if you copied the game file to the right location and voila...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ok, i think im having trouble moving my .lg folder (from flashdrive) into my saved games directory, because of winrar. i cant just drag and drop it inside because it says winrar can add files only to RAR or ZIP archives .. I suck and am getting so frustrated.:con fused: btw all of my database files are .tar files. does this sound good?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Like why aren't the files in file folders rather than winrar archives? if they were in folders maybe I'd be able to just throw the .lg file under the saved_games directory with ease? if anyone can help that would be a joy... Im rather new at this...
Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
Like why aren't the files in file folders rather than winrar archives? if they were in folders maybe I'd be able to just throw the .lg file under the saved_games directory with ease? if anyone can help that would be a joy... Im rather new at this...
The files are in folders. If your files are in WinRAR archives and you didn't put them there you've got the wrong files. All you need to do is copy your saved game from the save folder from one computer to the other computer and make sure it's in the same place on both. Then load the save game from the start screen. It's as simple as that. If anything else is happening your doing something wrong.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

thats my problem though. thats what i have been trying to do. except when im trying to copy the saved game folder from my home, into my laptop, I can not. because of the aforementioned winrar error.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

If the files are in WinRAR, then you need to unzip them first to get the lg folder.

Sounds like the machine you're taking the file from is automatically zipping it up before moving it to the flash drive.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks, I think i managed to extract the files. their all in folders. but now i can not launch ootp because of an error:

APP_FRAMEWORK::startup - unable to open the path_cust_data folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball
14\default_data\saved_games\From the Show to the Screen.lg

Old 05-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

It looks like your file path is to the wrong place. It should not read...
Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)
It should read...

Quote:
C:\Users\Administrator or user name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP
Baseball 14\saved games
OOTP puts files in multiple locations on the computer. You have to put your saved games folder in the correct one.

Good news is you are very close to done.

Good luck
Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
It looks like your file path is to the wrong place. It should not read...

It should read...

OOTP puts files in multiple locations on the computer. You have to put your saved games folder in the correct one.

Good news is you are very close to done.

Good luck
That applies for default install only.

If you do a custom install, then folders may be different.

Mine is in D:\Program Files (x86)
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
itsideal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

WOW. Thank you everyone who has posted thus far. I'm finally IN on my other computer. FINALLY. Now here is my next question:

What file do i save on my flashdrive each time im done? I obviously arent going to throw my entire lg folder each time i log back into my home computer. So I just want to make sure I get the file right so this whole process is easy as can be, as I alternate between both my computers.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I can't say 100% for sure but the auto save only contains the .dat files. there are 16 of them

that is provided you have all the images and stuff you need
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote