Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
sley
Minors (Double A)

Tech support down?

I have a number of issues with OOTP 14 but tech support doesn't seem to be available. I keep getting the same message "The website cannot display the page" when I try to access it from the help menu in the game or from the tech support thread in the forums.
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sley View Post
I have a number of issues with OOTP 14 but tech support doesn't seem to be available. I keep getting the same message "The website cannot display the page" when I try to access it from the help menu in the game or from the tech support thread in the forums.
Let us know what your issues are and we might be able to help..

For support, send a pm to either bowtie or old timer and let them know your having issues with submitting a ticket.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
sley
Minors (Double A)

Issues

A few minor and one major issue.
We've played 4 season and in 3 of the 4 on the Champions page the seasons scores have been 102, 106, 108 out of 100.

In past versions we'd get in the news & mail listings whether the recently drafted player accepted and signed the contract or said if the amount was too low. Haven't gotten any of those messages.

Scouting report set at 100% accuracy says that the player shows power from both sides but he's a lefty not a switch.

Traded a player Latham for Carbone. In the news & mail it says New York trades Latham for Latham. In the text Carbone is not mentioned although he is being referred to.

Lastly and the major one, have not been able to import historical players. This may be operator error. Have not used it in a while. I selected import historical player. Window says select Master or historical data base from data base file. Neither are listed there but I selected ottp14.exe. I typed in a name and year and then hit import player. Historical import failed. Then hit click here to select file. I select historical_database.odb. Goes back to historical import options but with no lines to insert player name or year. I am lost. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
A few minor and one major issue.
We've played 4 season and in 3 of the 4 on the Champions page the seasons scores have been 102, 106, 108 out of 100.

In past versions we'd get in the news & mail listings whether the recently drafted player accepted and signed the contract or said if the amount was too low. Haven't gotten any of those messages.

Scouting report set at 100% accuracy says that the player shows power from both sides but he's a lefty not a switch.

Traded a player Latham for Carbone. In the news & mail it says New York trades Latham for Latham. In the text Carbone is not mentioned although he is being referred to.
Hope this helps

Lastly and the major one, have not been able to import historical players. This may be operator error. Have not used it in a while. I selected import historical player. Window says select Master or historical data base from data base file. Neither are listed there but I selected ottp14.exe. I typed in a name and year and then hit import player. Historical import failed. Then hit click here to select file. I select historical_database.odb. Goes back to historical import options but with no lines to insert player name or year. I am lost. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Your first batch of quirks are really bugs or graphical issues we call them. Tech support can't help with those really. Most likely they were not gotten to yet as Markus and Andreas went nonstop on the most critical stuff for this patch. The minor glitches that don't affect gameplay will be taken care of next patch most likely. I'll make note of those in our beta forum.

As for importing historical players. When it says select historical or master, Navigate to the stats folder and select either the historical.odb or master.csv file, then enter the player's id.
As of ootp 13, you have a second option where you can mass import players, just create a txt file with the players bbrefid_year fill the txt file with all the players you want to import and save it anywhere, but I put mine in the stats folder and a copy of it out of ootp. To use that file, do the same as you did to import a single player, but this time click the "click here to select file" select your txt file you created and it should import every player. See the attached txt seamheasds file. It'll show the proper way of entering the players you want to import..there's no limit.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Seamheads League.txt (18.6 KB, 44 views)
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #5
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Since OOTP Developments had to change servers a month or so ago, everyone needs to clear their browser's history, cookies and cache that has anything to do with OOTP Development sites including the Support Center.

As far as the Tech Support forum goes, right now only certain personnel can post there - with the exception of the bug forum as anyone can post in it.

Last edited by Bowtie; 04-25-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #6
sley
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Your first batch of quirks are really bugs or graphical issues we call them. Tech support can't help with those really. Most likely they were not gotten to yet as Markus and Andreas went nonstop on the most critical stuff for this patch. The minor glitches that don't affect gameplay will be taken care of next patch most likely. I'll make note of those in our beta forum.

As for importing historical players. When it says select historical or master, Navigate to the stats folder and select either the historical.odb or master.csv file, then enter the player's id.
As of ootp 13, you have a second option where you can mass import players, just create a txt file with the players bbrefid_year fill the txt file with all the players you want to import and save it anywhere, but I put mine in the stats folder and a copy of it out of ootp. To use that file, do the same as you did to import a single player, but this time click the "click here to select file" select your txt file you created and it should import every player. See the attached txt seamheasds file. It'll show the proper way of entering the players you want to import..there's no limit.
Please bear with me. Assuming when you say navigate to the stats folder you mean in that specific window and not in the actual folder, I have selected historical and ok and when it goes back to the window where I would normally insert the player id and year there are no lines to do so. The top line reads "OR select text file containing numerous entries (i.e. ruthba01 192". It cuts off there and there is a blue box with white letters that says historical_database.odb. That's where I am lost. Thanks for your help and patience.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:05 AM   #7
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Please bear with me. Assuming when you say navigate to the stats folder you mean in that specific window and not in the actual folder, I have selected historical and ok and when it goes back to the window where I would normally insert the player id and year there are no lines to do so. The top line reads "OR select text file containing numerous entries (i.e. ruthba01 192". It cuts off there and there is a blue box with white letters that says historical_database.odb. That's where I am lost. Thanks for your help and patience.
No problem, yes in that window..what skin are you using? If your using the dark skin, you won't see any lines but they are there. It just looks real dark like nothing is there. See the screenie, it should look just that. the lines are where I put the text "Enter player id here"..
I've tried diff. things and I can't figure why your blue label is saying historical_database.odb..it should say the same as in the screenie.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-25-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:21 AM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Oh, darn it...stupid me....I see your problem now....dont' click that blue button ....that's only for importing from a txt file that you have created. That's why you don't see the lines and the blue box says historical_database.odb. once you hit the import historical player(s) on the very bottom of the Free Agent screen and in that window select historical.odb and it goes back to the window, just type in the player's id and yr. . don't touch that blue button.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-25-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Nice work Bigrod!

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
sley
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Oh, darn it...stupid me....I see your problem now....dont' click that blue button ....that's only for importing from a txt file that you have created. That's why you don't see the lines and the blue box says historical_database.odb. once you hit the import historical player(s) on the very bottom of the Free Agent screen and in that window select historical.odb and it goes back to the window, just type in the player's id and yr. . don't touch that blue button.
Still no luck. I do get to the screen to add the player id and year but still comes back "The historical player import failed."
Attached Images
Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
sdazzle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Since OOTP Developments had to change servers a month or so ago, everyone needs to clear their browser's history, cookies and cache that has anything to do with OOTP Development sites including the Support Center.

As far as the Tech Support forum goes, right now only certain personnel can post there - with the exception of the bug forum as anyone can post in it.
That doesn't work or only works temporarily. On all my machines, mac and pc, I have done that been able to access one time, then it goes back to the same error messages. I've done this with Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. It works temporarily then reverts to the error messages.
Luckily, Old Timer has been great emailing and PMing me to update on my issue. But the support site has been unusable except for letting me create a ticket.
sdazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdazzle View Post
That doesn't work or only works temporarily. On all my machines, mac and pc, I have done that been able to access one time, then it goes back to the same error messages. I've done this with Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. It works temporarily then reverts to the error messages.
Luckily, Old Timer has been great emailing and PMing me to update on my issue. But the support site has been unusable except for letting me create a ticket.
This is really odd. I can access everything in the Support Center with all the same browsers. It does not matter whether I'm logged into the forums or not. I did have a problem of not being able to log out of the forums but since I cleared the history, cookies and cache in all my browsers - problem solved.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
sdazzle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
This is really odd. I can access everything in the Support Center with all the same browsers. It does not matter whether I'm logged into the forums or not. I did have a problem of not being able to log out of the forums but since I cleared the history, cookies and cache in all my browsers - problem solved.
It's not a huge deal because you guys are so great. But I've tried my work PC and worked. then yesterday wanted to see if I could check the ticket. No luck. My two macbooks. Same thing. I've tried them in different locations, browsers. I've even used ONYX to clean everything on a "deep down" level out. Only had luck on the short term.

Last edited by sdazzle; 04-25-2013 at 07:56 PM.
sdazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
sley
Minors (Double A)

Don't mean to pile on but more of those bugs and graphical issues....

Scout never replies to Request Scouting report". Shows in his task list but then just disappears without any report.

After offering a FA a contract and he comes back saying he has been offered better but I should feel free to counter, there is no way to do so. Clicking on offer contract takes me the window where he says he's still thinking about my recently submitted offer. There is no way to increase my offer.

Thanks for your help.