Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 06:40 PM   #21
twins15
Hall Of Famer

http://mlb2.pc-sports.net/html/mlb2/p1707.html

Gil Meche traded three times in 3 weeks, and twice in the same day! And all of the trades were between Houston and Seattle. The same two teams involved with Cordero.

EDIT: Roy Oswalt, Carlos Hernandez and Rich Harden are all on Seattle, though it says nothing in the history about how they got there.

EDIT #2: http://mlb2.pc-sports.net/html/mlb2/p240.html Check out Kyle Farnsworth's history. Also how did Billy Wagner get on Seattle? It seems like the guy is obviously cheating, to me.

Bismarck Boy Scouts of the OTBL - league yes-man

Ross Gload at baseball-reference.com

Book Quotes and Book Lists

Last edited by twins15; 07-10-2003 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:47 PM   #22
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

There is a lot of oddities going on in this league... note the commishes team is 26-7? Or this thread...

http://mlb2.pc-sports.net/forums/vie...ef307ea71b6c30

I checked it out a bit yesterday seeing that he's been advertising league on the boards..

BTW some of you who read our pirating incident emails.... might remember the commishes name.... Michael Fitterer (mfitterer1) Where have I heard that before... oh I know:

See related posts...
http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...5&pagenumber=2
Old 07-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #23
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I wonder if this is part of that miscommunication with Merlin.

-John

Old 07-10-2003, 06:55 PM   #24
twins15
Hall Of Famer

If I were you I would post this on the message board of the site. Let the other commisioners decide for themselves, and see if he can defend himself, because something fishy is definitely going on.

Bismarck Boy Scouts of the OTBL - league yes-man

Ross Gload at baseball-reference.com

Book Quotes and Book Lists
Old 07-10-2003, 06:58 PM   #25
mpsquid
Minors (Double A)

intriguing.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:59 PM   #26
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Its called the perfect mix of talent, great bullpen, great starting pitching, great defense, lotas of walks, and lots of speed. Every team has to find the perfect mix of talent and thats what i have done. It is completely possible for each and every team in the league to one day get to the level that I have got my team to.
I love that logic.

"YOU TOO can have a team of 120 wins each season! Just follow my step by step plan!"

How can "every" team get to that level?
Old 07-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #27
CDL Commish
Minors (Double A)

I knew I recognized that name from somewhere!! That is truly amazing. I can not believe a commish would cheat in his own league just so he can win.

What I find even more appalling is the fact that his owners seem to be impervious to what is going on. You see several messages on the forum with questions about different league issues and see this ass answering. The poor owners actually see him as a wealth of information when in reality he's a cheating, lying scumbag.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:09 PM   #28
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Here's something that is interesting:

There's a discussion on simming ahead and how that affects the ratings. If I remember correctly, if you sim ahead, then restore the file, the ratings will stay where they were at the final point of your sim. So, if you sim to June, then restore back to April, you'll have the ratings you had in June.

I'm wondering if anyone has an older file and can plug this into BOSI, and see the hidden developments...

-John

Old 07-10-2003, 07:12 PM   #29
sporr
Global Moderator

I knew that name sounded familiar! Is this the guy that hit me up for an ID.....hmmmm.....I wish the search function on the board would show me all the threads.

Last edited by sporr; 07-10-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:34 PM   #30
Old Man
Major Leagues

This is the car wash guy.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 07-10-2003, 07:43 PM   #31
CDL Commish
Minors (Double A)

You're right, Old Man! It is the car wash guy. And to imagine that thread was one of the most popular and read ones around. I find it very hard to believe that he was able to attract 30 owners for his league with that negative publicity circling his name. I gotta believe that several of his owners are aliases and cover-ups for him to trade with and thoroughly take advantage of. I feel somewhat sorry for his legitimate owners however if they would have done any research at all they would've realized who this guy was and avoided his league at all costs.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:52 PM   #32
MTXperience
Major Leagues

Is the fabled Car Wash thread still to be found?
Old 07-10-2003, 07:54 PM   #33
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

Open and shut, he is cheating. He is running both Seattle and Houston and quite possibly more. He is obviously simming ahead as well which is generally frowned upon, especially with the master league file, but not really cheating, per say.

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

“I confused it with the chicken’s neck,” Mocanu, who was admitted to the emergency hospital in Galati, was quoted as saying. “I cut it ... and the dog rushed and ate it.”
Old 07-10-2003, 07:56 PM   #34
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by CDL Commish
You're right, Old Man! It is the car wash guy. And to imagine that thread was one of the most popular and read ones around. I find it very hard to believe that he was able to attract 30 owners for his league with that negative publicity circling his name. I gotta believe that several of his owners are aliases and cover-ups for him to trade with and thoroughly take advantage of. I feel somewhat sorry for his legitimate owners however if they would have done any research at all they would've realized who this guy was and avoided his league at all costs.
I found it intriguing how fast the Yankees owner (who spoke out negatively about the trade and the league) was replaced the same day with a guy who is was clearly toeing the Commissioner's line by stating with his first post, “i just saw why the old one quit and i find it very stupid”
Old 07-10-2003, 08:20 PM   #35
AccardoOutfit29
All Star Reserve

The online league forum rocks!!!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 09:33 PM   #36
sporr
Global Moderator

My only question is, why wouldn't this guy have picked the Braves?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:43 PM   #37
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

SWEET! The car wash guy!

Why doesn't anyone let me know when funny sh*t like this happens?

By the way, owners...... your commish is a liar and an ID thief. However, I can't imagine any of you actually frequent these boards all that much, or you'd probably have avoided this clown's league to begin with. Still, sorry you all got *hosed* by the car wash guy (sorry for the awful pun too).
Old 07-10-2003, 09:44 PM   #38
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

well for me this is really sucks. As a member in this league, I have been putting time in trying to rebuild the sorry Brewers, making some FA moves and planing a move to Omaha, heaing all this gives me no hope in doing anything in the future. If I ever manage to win 75 games with a commish who cheats, it sucks. I guess I will spend more time in the WBL. (York your a great commish) All i can say is let's go rockies in the Westwood Baseball League.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:44 PM   #39
potatoman
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
mark, mark, mark....how many times have you tried to recruit me back into the league again and how many times did i have to reject your offer.......the league went haywire after brooke stepped down as commish. It WAS the best there was but then you turned it into a cheating hellhole where GOOD GMS can't do anything about it since you obviously sim more than once til u like the outcome and control more than one team in YOUR OWN LEAGUE!!! I like what you have done with the site though but not the league...sorry man...ur gonna get brought down

New Jersey Nighthawks (1227-717)

Last 5 seasons

2011: 118-44
2012: 100-62
2013: 111-51
2014: 106-56
2015: 108-54

OTBA Champions: 2008, 2010,2011
Old 07-10-2003, 10:33 PM   #40
jjd
Minors (Triple A)

I was trying to be nice his afternoon as I was digging through the guy's league. I didn't want to outright say he was cheating, but since you guys have broken the ice... He is cheating, and cheating badly.

Not only is he cheating, but he is trying to cover it up and can't even get that right.

It looks like he tried to cover most of his tracks by deleting the player .txt files but missed most of his own guys. Whoops.

http://mlb2.pc-sports.net/html/mlb2/p925.htm

And come on. Joel Pinero a veritable ace at 25.

Take a look at this team.

http://mlb2.pc-sports.net/html/mlb2/team13rr.html

That's right. Freddie Garcia is the oldest (and worst) member of the rotation at 27 yrs old with a 7 in avoiding runs. Carlos Hernandez is Brilliant and Good across the board with a 9 at avoiding runs. He's 24. Guess where he was traded from last season. Yep, Houston. Guess who the manager for Houston is...

Merlin... I refer you to Mr. Vibert's link to the order ID thread.

If anyone from that league frequents this board. You need to call this guy out.