Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2003, 12:56 AM   #61
TC Dale
Global Moderator

Funny thing is, I haven't heard from him since my alter ego spleen gave him a what for on AIM.

Sorry I missed hearing how good our games were.
TC Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:10 AM   #62
sporr
Global Moderator

Nice to see the Maelstrom get some attention lol
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:11 AM   #63
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

I am going to change my AIM name. I don't want to hurt your league, Shane.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:24 AM   #64
Treches
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by spleen1015

NCAAmadman (5:17:47 PM): you should know how crappy these games are TC, you ever been in a kia?
Did ya, TC? All the thread is hilarious but that chaty is the $hit. Spleen should keep it coming.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:39 PM   #65
Claybor
All Star Starter

Through it all, i think he was doing a pretty good job with his TDCB league. He was pleasnt, helpful, and looked to have tried to put a bit of work into the league. I was pretty shocked when i started reading all this. I was even willing to try and stick with him after it all if he expressed any desire to change, but that didnt happen of course, it's gone without any word. Oh well. it's all just a game.
Claybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:12 PM   #66
dime
Minors (Double A)

this is the only thing in the thread that made actually skimming it worthwhile:

maelstromphilies (5:26:56 PM): My name is Matthew McConaughey.
NCAAmadman (5:27:13 PM): idiot

heh.
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 04:13 PM   #67
sharpk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hmm. I have to read the forums more often. I was a member of VCB with him. I had no clue he was like this. However, a few days ago, the league disappeared and his email address (VirtualNCAA and VirtualMLB) didn't work anymore. Every time I would get online he would IM me and start talking about anything (even things not related to these games). After I found out the league site was gone, I got an IM from NCAAmadman. I had no clue who it was. He talked to me about being interested in joining VCB and wanted to know how to contact the commish. The whole time I was conversing with NCAAmadman, I had no clue that it was Kevin Williams or whoever he is. What kind of low life makes up things like this and tries be someone he isn't. I should have known that NCAAmadman was Kevin Williams because nobody could have gotten my screen name without knowing me. If I ever catch him online again, I'm going to rip him a new one. I can't believe I wasted my time playing in a league with him. He didn't even know what he was doing. I had to help him figure out how to work files and all kinds of other things for the league. I'm sure he will probably show up with another screen name that I don't know about. Now I am confused. I will get him back if I have the chance.

Kevin
sharpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 04:16 PM   #68
MTXperience
Major Leagues

Heh... a lot of us would like to know where he lived... to... err... bake him a cake. Yes... a cake. A cake would certainly level him out I'm sure...
MTXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:00 PM   #69
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MTXperience
Heh... a lot of us would like to know where he lived... to... err... bake him a cake. Yes... a cake. A cake would certainly level him out I'm sure...
If he knew you were coming he'd have baked a cake...
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:04 PM   #70
bigphesta
Banned

At this time, "Kevin" uses the following AIM names:

virtualMLB
virtualNCAA
NCAAmadman
redsoxmarksucks
crmdn11901

and I'm SURE there are more
bigphesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #71
bigphesta
Banned

After pointing out the response Kevin gets from all this, he said

NCAAmadman: who cares
NCAAmadman: its a text game
NCAAmadman: its the least of my concerns
Big Phesta: lol and you're not going to be playing any more online games?
NCAAmadman: no
NCAAmadman: cant stand .400 or the ****ing developers or the community
NCAAmadman: unless its ootp
NCAAmadman: but id rather play offline
Big Phesta: I thought you were some 'official' TCCB person? And I thought you'd be doing some NCAA FB stuff
Big Phesta: You'd 'rather' or no one else will take you LOL
NCAAmadman: td doesnt have a ncaa fb game
NCAAmadman: no
NCAAmadman: i can easily switch aliases and get into any league
NCAAmadman: that is no problem
Big Phesta: lol
NCAAmadman: lol
Big Phesta: true response of a sophomoric mind
NCAAmadman: its the truth
NCAAmadman: if i signed up as a new member to the community, nobody could tell it was me
bigphesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:31 PM   #72
geoff
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphesta

virtualMLB
virtualNCAA
NCAAmadman
redsoxmarksucks
crmdn11901

I think someone said before that he was using AOL...but, if not, would it be possible to get an IP address on him, in order to keep him from bopping from alias to alias?
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:33 PM   #73
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by geoff
I think someone said before that he was using AOL...but, if not, would it be possible to get an IP address on him, in order to keep him from bopping from alias to alias?
No. AOL uses dynamic ip's so it is different every time he logs on. Unfortunately. Makes it tough for someone to send him a virus*

*memo to any hackers on the board, if you know how to get around this and can send him a virus, please do so

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

“I confused it with the chicken’s neck,” Mocanu, who was admitted to the emergency hospital in Galati, was quoted as saying. “I cut it ... and the dog rushed and ate it.”
holyroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:35 PM   #74
geoff
Minors (Single A)

Right...I could have read back into the thread and determined that, but thought I would a) be lazy and b) increase my post count.

:-)

Maybe this thread could serve the purpose of developing a superior screening process for unsavory characters such as this, unfettered by static IP addresses...

Any thoughts?
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 02:37 AM   #75
JWay
Hall Of Famer

oh man VMLB is the reason i have a new screen name, thanks comey... He has over 1 million aliases, easily i couldn't ban them all...
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 02:17 AM   #76
MTXperience
Major Leagues

Curses! This MLB2 fiasco couldn't have come at a worse time. Fitterer is hogging all of vMLB's bad-press!
Old 07-13-2003, 03:18 AM   #77
crackpott
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by MTXperience
man, first "Bling Bling" is added to the dictionary and now people start using "cake" to refer to plastic explosive. I'm so behind the times in terms of street lingo.
crackpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 03:59 AM   #78
MTXperience
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphesta

virtualMLB
virtualNCAA
NCAAmadman
redsoxmarksucks
crmdn11901

Yup, there sure are. The new one is bmcg1708, which is pretty confusing since it's very close to the AIM name (and .400 forum name) of an NAHHBL owner.

Last edited by MTXperience; 07-13-2003 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:08 AM   #79
dougk62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by sharpk
hmm. I have to read the forums more often. I was a member of VCB with him. I had no clue he was like this. However, a few days ago, the league disappeared and his email address (VirtualNCAA and VirtualMLB) didn't work anymore. Every time I would get online he would IM me and start talking about anything (even things not related to these games). After I found out the league site was gone, I got an IM from NCAAmadman. I had no clue who it was. He talked to me about being interested in joining VCB and wanted to know how to contact the commish. The whole time I was conversing with NCAAmadman, I had no clue that it was Kevin Williams or whoever he is. What kind of low life makes up things like this and tries be someone he isn't. I should have known that NCAAmadman was Kevin Williams because nobody could have gotten my screen name without knowing me. If I ever catch him online again, I'm going to rip him a new one. I can't believe I wasted my time playing in a league with him. He didn't even know what he was doing. I had to help him figure out how to work files and all kinds of other things for the league. I'm sure he will probably show up with another screen name that I don't know about. Now I am confused. I will get him back if I have the chance.

Kevin
Makes me glad I got out of that VCB mess real early on. I had no idea who Kevin was at the time, but his actions made it obvious very early on that he was a kid that had no clue how things worked as you describe. The thing that gets me is the way he would so easily pawn his own ignorance off on something wrong with the game. I hope more people than I realized gave up on this twerp early rather than trying to fight him through the whole season.

On a side note, I think Kevin has made a vital error when he initiates these AOL conversations. I'm sure he thinks he is starting a conversation with an idiot. The number one rule before ever starting a conversation with an idiot is to make sure the person you are talking with isn't doing the same thing. It sounds like he ignores that one everytime.
dougk62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 01:37 AM   #80
MTXperience
Major Leagues

Who says there's nothing ineresting in the Online Leagues forum these days. Are "good buddy" Kev is up to his usual bag of childishness. See it here:

http://www.atthefrontsystems.com/mtb...topic.php?t=20