Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:55 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation We are hiring!

Hi all!

We have some exciting news!

As I'd mentioned in a previous post, we're looking to expand the OOTP team. To start with, we're looking to fill two separate fulltime positions. You'll find the details on both below:

Position 1: Developer/Programmer

Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of C++
- Good knowledge of Java and PHP
- Love of baseball and of OOTP

Tasks:
- C++ development for both the OOTP core game and Perfect Team
- Game backend administration and development for Perfect Team
- Simple server admin tasks
- Creation of game builds, as well as managing and running the build process.

Position 2: QA/Development Assistant

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

As you consider the qualifications we're looking for, here are a few perks to keep in mind:

You'll be working from your home office wherever you live, there's no relocation required.

Additionally this is a great opportunity to work with a great team. The company is growing and the team here at OOTPD is really relaxed and fun to work with. We're multi-national and multi-lingual (though we all speak English) but one thing we all have in common is a love of OOTP and a love of baseball. So if you love those things as well, this could be a dream job for you! You'll not only be able to make a living from your passion, but will be able to play an integral part in designing and making OOTP (and PT) a better game, that's even more fun and with even more interesting and exciting features.

If you're interested or know someone who may be interested, please send a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your skills and why you think you're a good fit for the job, as well as any experience you have with OOTP or in baseball along with information as to what you would expect for a salary to jobs@ootpdevelopments.com

We look forward to hearing from you!
Markus & the OOTP Developments Team

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 05-08-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:41 AM   #2
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Makes me wish I was a programmer/coder.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Need an accountant?

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

If you guys need marketing/public relations help I'm your man. But unfortunately no coding experience.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #5
Magus978
All Star Starter

I would love to take a shot at these, but coding is not something I know

In the same boat as SxSnts9 is. When it comes to getting the word out about these games and being a front-man, I could do great at that.

Oh well, good luck to all applying!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Need any public relations people? ��
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #7
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Wish I knew coding....what about a radio broadcaster? lol
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:19 PM   #8
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

I know some coding but not enough to be a full-time programmer, hit me up if you guys want a data analyst though
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #9
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

If you ever need a Project Manager, let me know.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:00 PM   #10
SportingZoo
Bat Boy

Look at the timing: I just graduated college in Computer Programming, I'm in need of work, and I love baseball/OOTP. I might just need to apply!
SportingZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:21 AM   #11
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

If you ever need someone browsing the OOTP Forums during office hours, gimme a call.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #12
JD396
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I wish I was better with coding. Zero professional experience or training, but I'm good at figuring stuff out and I've played around a lot with Visual Studio, C++, and databases. Nothing I'd try to pass off as a marketable skill but, well, maybe someday. I'll be career shifting in a year or so and will almost certainly be working nights. I'd love to have something I could work at odd hours of the day from home... especially if it were part time at first... well, maybe next time.
Discord: jd_396#7779

Last edited by JD396; 05-01-2019 at 11:30 AM.
JD396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #13
Cod
All Star Reserve

Two questions:

1) Is the fulltime developer position remote? I assume so, but assuming has lead me to bad places before.

2) How does OOTP define "fulltime"? The number / definition is different depending on what part of the world you live in.

I have more questions before I apply about the build chain, etc. before applying to ensure my knowledge is good enough to apply.

Last edited by Cod; 05-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #14
JanesAddctn
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingZoo View Post
Look at the timing: I just graduated college in Computer Programming, I'm in need of work, and I love baseball/OOTP. I might just need to apply!
Good luck to you SportingZoo, would be a great place to start and get some experience. I'm a little envious.

https://pt25.ootpdevelopments.com/ptsignatures/[arctcmnky20].jpg
JanesAddctn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:32 AM   #15
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Two questions:

1) Is the fulltime developer position remote? I assume so, but assuming has lead me to bad places before.

2) How does OOTP define "fulltime"? The number / definition is different depending on what part of the world you live in.

I have more questions before I apply about the build chain, etc. before applying to ensure my knowledge is good enough to apply.
Yes, you can work remotely (or if you really want to work in the Hamburg office, that would probably be do-able as well).

You'd think I'd know what full-time means having worked here for as long as I have If/when we actually talk to you, we can go over the finer details, but most of the year it's your usual 35-40 hour week, although obviously we push a little harder towards release (although hopefully with a larger team, we don't have to push as much!)

If you have programming experience, like baseball, like OOTP, and think that you might fit some of the criteria, don't hesitate to apply. Don't think you need 100% of the skills listed before you apply - we can chat in interviews to make sure it's a good fit, and realize that almost anyone we hire is going to have to go through a little learning on the job.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #16
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, you can work remotely (or if you really want to work in the Hamburg office, that would probably be do-able as well).

You'd think I'd know what full-time means having worked here for as long as I have If/when we actually talk to you, we can go over the finer details, but most of the year it's your usual 35-40 hour week, although obviously we push a little harder towards release (although hopefully with a larger team, we don't have to push as much!)

If you have programming experience, like baseball, like OOTP, and think that you might fit some of the criteria, don't hesitate to apply. Don't think you need 100% of the skills listed before you apply - we can chat in interviews to make sure it's a good fit, and realize that almost anyone we hire is going to have to go through a little learning on the job.
Thanks for the reply. As a software engineer in the embedded world, I'm looking to get into something more aligned with my interests.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:09 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Update, the QA position has been filled.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #18
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Darn... if you ever upgrade to C# I'd be all over this.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Darn... if you ever upgrade to C# I'd be all over this.
Lol, "upgrade".
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #20
Matter2003
All Star Starter

I'd love to work with you guys but alas I'm a .Net/javascript software engineer with several years of professional experience. I've programmed in C++, Java and PHP before but its been fairly basic stuff in classes.

Check us out on the Git Hub Pages:
Goal-Line-Stand-Football

Last edited by Matter2003; 05-10-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote