Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #1
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Schedule Problems

I finally got around to doing a modern day save (after most of my time spent in historical and fictional), and noticed a pretty big problem with the schedules that's kind of immersion breaking.

For one thing I took a job in the Nippon League to begin so I could build up to a major league job, and for some weird reason it said "Opening Day" is April 1st in Japan... except that we had games March 29th through the 31st. Once I got past April 1st, the standings reset and now it's showing records only through April everywhere, except on the schedule screen where it shows the real records. I feel like this will have a major influence down the line on playoff races and that's not a problem I'd want to face.

The other thing I noticed as I looked around at other minor leagues is that for some reason, everybody is scheduled for a double header on April 5th at the same time both games. I checked various leagues and then double checked online and this is definitely not accurate. I don't know how or why this happened on the save, but again, pretty big issue for being accurate.

I didn't see anybody else bring these up, so maybe I'm the only one? I thought to at least make mention about it because I don't want to put all this effort into a save file that's possibly broken or bugged and need to restart.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:55 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

did you make any changes to schedule settings?

e.g. a balanced schedule with uneven # of teams will not generate a ~normal schedule.

try looking through mods-schedules forum.. most are included with game, if not mistaken? anyway, try loading one of those that matches your league structure and see if problem persists...

if that mods schedule works, go in the 'schedules' directoy and delete whatever file was auto-loading, previously -- likely has league name in the file name for auto-load. (no worries it is never lost when you do this.. safely in archives of backup-data folder - in settings screen when you firs tload ootp, but before a league, you can restore default data at anytime on the trouble shooting tab.)

otherwise if it is a recreateable mistake, explain it in the bug forums. maybe a schedule file included is borked? assumes you touched no settings for schedule of that league. if you made changes, it's likely the cause.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-02-2019 at 02:57 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

The only thing I'd done was updated logos and jerseys for most of the indie and European teams. So I'm sure it wasn't anything I did, at least. I see an update was posted, so maybe it's fixed if I restart now, I hope. Otherwise may have to do that.

Edit: I restarted my save file, and upon taking a look through the minor leagues again, it's still doing the same issue of every team playing the same game twice on April 5th. I even reloaded the schedule file and it still comes up like that. I guess the best I can do for now is delete the extra games, but that's a lot of work to go through.

Last edited by Lord PichuPal; 04-02-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote