Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-18-2019, 12:06 PM   #21
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Yes, I will have my Yaks roaming the cornfields, err ball fields of 19, as well as my Loose Cannons and Diamond level Polaris. Although the latter two will receive even less attention than they do now. I will no longer be able to spend my meager funds for the Yaks either as I will be trying to get a 20 team to Perfect(over a much longer time frame than I worked in 19.) I want to languish in the lower leagues a little while and try to farm perfect points with a couple points hogs before I build the team and get promoted. Of course this is subject to change when the competitive juices get flowing.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #22
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I hate this. Can’t watch any game or see the box score at all. 20 works perfectly. If this keeps up I will not spend one dime on 20. I will just leave my team be. I can not support a company that could not care less about a past edition that they said would work fine when 20 came out. 19 is worse now then it has ever been as far as waiting because there is no wait, It does not work at all. 😡 Sorry, Had to get that out of my system. I think I will be using my 20 as a reg league and just save my money.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #23
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I know, I hate when I cannot see what my team is doing clearly. I am not getting 20 until Friday though when Steam releases. I am hooked on the easy updates and I can do American Truck Simulator and a couple others there easily too.

Last edited by Kushiel; 03-18-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #24
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I know, I hate when I cannot see what my team is doing clearly. I am not getting 20 until Friday though when Steam releases. I am hooked on the easy updates and I can do American Truck Simulator and a couple others there easily too.
Humm, Does Steam make the game run smoother or is it just because you like other games there also.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #25
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I hate this. Can’t watch any game or see the box score at all. 20 works perfectly. If this keeps up I will not spend one dime on 20. I will just leave my team be. I can not support a company that could not care less about a past edition that they said would work fine when 20 came out. 19 is worse now then it has ever been as far as waiting because there is no wait, It does not work at all. 😡 Sorry, Had to get that out of my system. I think I will be using my 20 as a reg league and just save my money.
If the box scores are working in 20 then that's a good sign and it should be fixed in 19 soon. They said they were testing a new system in the 20 beta and would port it over to 19.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #26
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
If the box scores are working in 20 then that's a good sign and it should be fixed in 19 soon. They said they were testing a new system in the 20 beta and would port it over to 19.
That would be wonderful because it is basically unplayable at the moment.(As far as seeing what your team is doing and why) It was never like this before in all those months so if they port it over from 20 that would be great because 20 is working very well. (Right now)😁
Old 03-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #27
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Humm, Does Steam make the game run smoother or is it just because you like other games there also.

I'll chime in - I'm pretty sure it runs the same as any version. Alot of us who play many games prefer steam to have all our game libraries in once place. There is also a segment of people who hate steam and to promote peace and loving amongst the OOTP community I shall refrain from expressing my opinion on this fact.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #28
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Steam keeps the game updated, which is quite nice when there are a lot of updates. I bought the non-Steam version this year because I couldn't wait 4 more days. haha
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #29
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Steam keeps the game updated, which is quite nice when there are a lot of updates. I bought the non-Steam version this year because I couldn't wait 4 more days. haha

I think you can always configure steam to launch it if you want it in one place. Not a big deal either way.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #30
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I think you can always configure steam to launch it if you want it in one place. Not a big deal either way.
It won't update automatically though. I don't really care about anything else. I like the steam achievements too.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #31
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't know if it runs smoother. I started with using Steam with 18 and it at least works as well. I think I leave Steam and go to the same OOTP servers as you when I start the online parts. Mainly I like the updates on Steam are easier because I do not have to worry about forgetting them. So I started my gaming there at the advice of my Grandsons. It has the added perk of getting Steam Cards with my gifts at those gift times. Occasionally my lovely wife of 49 years even comes from shopping and drops me a $20 Card as she walks by.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:34 PM   #32
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I'll chime in - I'm pretty sure it runs the same as any version. Alot of us who play many games prefer steam to have all our game libraries in once place. There is also a segment of people who hate steam and to promote peace and loving amongst the OOTP community I shall refrain from expressing my opinion on this fact.
How is your league going my friend? Last time I was able to get on I was 9-3. I can’t get in at all now...
Old 03-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #33
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
So I started my gaming there at the advice of my Grandsons. It has the added perk of getting Steam Cards with my gifts at those gift times. Occasionally my lovely wife of 49 years even comes from shopping and drops me a $20 Card as she walks by.

….your last comment made me smile. My better half offered me a card the other day as long as I promised to not express my frustrations to her with my current players. "...Just go get yourself that RP upgrade !!!"

I found Steam to be the perfect second license (still prefer the original e-sell version as it is usually the first one updated and tends to be more straight forward in terms of installation, ...).

Origin is probably my least favorite one and lacks a proper support channel. While I have not experienced it with this game, I ran into some issues that were a pain to address. It felt like dealing with a cable/phone company and since fewer people use it, you tend to see fewer comments and solutions.

Last edited by joehart; 03-19-2019 at 12:02 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:21 PM   #34
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
….your last comment made me smile. My better half offered me a card the other day as long as I promised to not express my frustrations to her with my current players. "...Just go get yourself that RP upgrade !!!"

That’s wonderful, You guys make me smile....😁
Old 03-19-2019, 12:02 AM   #35
joehart
All Star Starter

So how is your season so far?

I found myself missing the points league already. Base Thieves are off to a 19-7 (.731) start. So much less drama and excitement.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #36
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I found myself missing the points league already. Base Thieves are off to a 19-7 (.731) start. So much less drama and excitement.
So far the Zorros are 21-6 .
Old 03-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #37
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Standings after first Month
Attached Images
Old 03-19-2019, 08:12 AM   #38
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I never get these screen shots right. Lol. But you get the jest of it.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #39
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Just played a team that is 1-27. I lead 6-0 and then still lead 8-7 going into the bottom of the 9th and then.....Of course they score 2 to beat us 9-8 for their 2nd win of the year. So much for thinking I am a very good team lol. 😱
Old 03-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #40
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I hope you reported him. He is just another tanker playing a bunch of iron and bronze cards that never played an inning before this season.