Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-21-2019, 09:15 PM   #61
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigley4lab View Post
I am at the bottom with ya. I wish I didn't spend my points on those 6 packs The Diamond level to me seems like a big step up from Gold. Up until last season when I hit Diamond, my team always had 1st or 2nd best defense and could put up some runs. I now have my sights on the Batbirds as I work my way up
yeah, I knew I was in for a world of hurt when I got promoted from gold in the first place.... I won my gold division with an 81-81 record and somehow managed to make it to the LCS to get promoted.... figured I'd get relegated right away, but my boys have stuck around for 5 seasons in diamond now, though it looks like this is the last....

heck, I have an 11 game gap just to reach 4th place right now... lol
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #62
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
So I finally check in today and we're 5 under .500 having one of our worst ever seasons and we're in a 3 way tie for 1st?! Does no one want to win the AC East?
Crazy Division. Not sure if I am going to win the division or get relegated.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 PM   #63
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
Crazy Division. Not sure if I am going to win the division or get relegated.

That's a pretty amusing thought there. I was in the NC West a couple of seasons ago when all 5 teams finished over .500 and all were in the WC hunt until close to the end. Now I'm in a division where all of us are below .500 and everyone seems to have the potential to win the division or get relegated.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #64
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

You just swept me. Thank you.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:02 PM   #65
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
You just swept me. Thank you.

Don't worry, we'll be happy to hand the division lead back to whatever team decides it wants it for a while.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:23 PM   #66
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

You guys are funny. If this whole "managing" thing doesn't end up working out for us, we have an awesome commentary crew in the making right here!!!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:30 PM   #67
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
Old Timer, are you ready to throw a bunch of one run games to the Corsairs again? Glad to see we are in same division!
Good luck to everyone!

We've had fewer close games so far this year. But the results are similar to what they were in past seasons. So far, we've had 4 3-game series and you've won 2 of 3 each time. We have another 3 game series coming up soon. So which 2 games do you intend to win this time?
Old 02-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #68
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
yeah, I knew I was in for a world of hurt when I got promoted from gold in the first place.... I won my gold division with an 81-81 record and somehow managed to make it to the LCS to get promoted.... figured I'd get relegated right away, but my boys have stuck around for 5 seasons in diamond now, though it looks like this is the last....

heck, I have an 11 game gap just to reach 4th place right now... lol

I've always liked reading your comments so I'm hoping your team turns things around, lest you take your commentary elsewhere. So come on Syrup dudes, turn things around already.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #69
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
We've had fewer close games so far this year. But the results are similar to what they were in past seasons. So far, we've had 4 3-game series and you've won 2 of 3 each time. We have another 3 game series coming up soon. So which 2 games do you intend to win this time?
Why not keep to form and do the first two to me, last one to you two step ;-)
Won't know until tomorrow morning how it turned out today but I did feel a bit bad seeing that the Corsairs won that first game of the first set of three this morning. Just a little bit though Have been rooting for you to do well since we've been terrible so far...
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #70
old timer
Hall Of Famer

We just reached .500 for the 1st time in a while! This is good enough for a 2.5 game lead, but the 2nd place Corsairs have won 8 straight.

Things were so bad this year, I expected to get a pre-all-star game message saying, "Hey now, you have no All-Stars". But Duke Snider got selected somehow. Maybe the option to have every team represented is used in PT?

Last edited by old timer; 02-21-2019 at 11:03 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:40 AM   #71
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why not keep to form and do the first two to me, last one to you two step ;-)
Won't know until tomorrow morning how it turned out today but I did feel a bit bad seeing that the Corsairs won that first game of the first set of three this morning. Just a little bit though Have been rooting for you to do well since we've been terrible so far...

So your guys took all 3 from us. Got a bit greedy there, don't you think? But what should one expect from a bunch of corsairs?

Last edited by old timer; 02-22-2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #72
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
So your guys took all 3 from us. Got a bit greedy there, don't you think? But what should one expect from a bunch of corsairs?

BBQ season ended so they decided it was time to play some ball for real... You would have won that 3-2 game if Hoffman hadn't left his best stuff in the locker room. Its really cool that we're 1-2 and the Keystones are right there in our division, no runaway
Standings at 1:45 P.M.
Attached Images

Last edited by Will_L; 02-22-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #73
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I am glad we are all playing near .500 ball together. Sure makes the division race interesting.

Quote:
BBQ season ended so they decided it was time to play some ball for real... You would have won that 3-2 game if Hoffman hadn't left his best stuff in the locker room. Its really cool that we're 1-2 and the Keystones are right there in our division, no runaway
Standings at 1:45 P.M.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #74
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Really not sure what's going on with my Gold Devs outfield this year. Cain is second on my team in WAR yet has only played 60 games this season. Although I realize now too he's my only live batter card (other than Future Legend Adames), so it's very tempting to continue building that team and dumping Cain. But kind of hard to dump a guy who's putting up an 8-WAR equivalent season.

Otherwise, the rest of my outfield has more or less forgotten how to field. Wynn's doing well on the hard ones, but struggling on easy balls, and given his batting has been poor, he's below replacement level. Clemente at least is doing okay at the plate, but again, the fielding has been pretty ugly.

At the very least, my bullpen has been rocking it since I switched things up. Ryan/Dierker/Barker are dominant. Ryan had a 9.28 ERA as a starter through the first month, and has had a 1.49 ERA out of the pen since then. Dierker has gone 6.94 to 1.82. I still need to save up a little more money to get a couple better lefties out of the rotation, but I kind of like what I've done here.

Matt2, which I dropped from this league, I think I've given up on
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #75
old timer
Hall Of Famer

So my Clippers who are barely over .500 have 2 of the top 3 pitchers in wins. Weird. If Chris Carpenter hadn't been having his worst season of his career, we'd be doing quite well right now.

A standings update:
Attached Images
Old 02-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #76
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
So my Clippers who are barely over .500 have 2 of the top 3 pitchers in wins. Weird. If Chris Carpenter hadn't been having his worst season of his career, we'd be doing quite well right now.

A standings update:
Kind of cool how in the AC, each division has 3 teams all within striking distance of first. You have 6 teams fighting for 4 spots, and then your division looks like won't fight for the wildcard, but still has 3 teams fighting for the top.

The Titans are the only team with more than a 2 game lead for the division, although a little bit of a gap opening up there that the playoff teams are starting to solidify.

Although, ouch, that 6 game losing streak of mine is not nice. Thankfully the Bandits haven't been much better of late. Hopefully I can hold out in the regular season to set myself up for my annual playoff choke job.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #77
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

think I'm going to change my focus for the last 6 weeks of the season.... rather than look at the 26 games back of the division lead, or the 21.5 games back of the 2nd wild-card spot; I'll just say I'm 6 games back of avoiding relegation

if I can make that up and remain at diamond level, that will be my victory for this year.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #78
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
So you're saying that bandits have stolen our victories? [Lame humor always indicates overwork/lack of sleep, etc. Really.]

I didn't think that there were many two-way players available. Out of curiosity, can you list a few that you'd like to get?
Absolutely. This will be a mission better accomplished in OOTP20, just because some of the guys I need to use (Michael Lorenzen 57) I can't justify adding to this team unless I slip down to Gold/Silver.

In categories (not all these guys are on my team):

True Two-Way Players:
100 FL Ohtani (SP/RF/1B)
86 FL McKay (SP/1B/RF)

Strong Pitchers/Weak Hitters With A Passable Position:
83 FL Greene (SP/OF/1B) - this is your best option for SS but the range is killer
95 LEG Mathewson (SP/1B/RF)
75 FL Puk (SP/IF) - would be legitimately curious how good a 3B he could become

Weak Pitchers/Weak Hitters With Strong Fielding
57 Lorenzen (RP/OF/IF) - by far the best fielder, but also by far the worst pitcher

Strong Pitchers/Weak Hitters With No Position:
89 WAR Jenkins (SP/PH)
91 WAR Trout (SP/PH) - maybe you can use him at 1B
84 RB Uhle (SP/PH) - maybe you can use him at 1B
80 RB Grimes (SP/PH)

The problem is, since I can't search beyond my league each year, and don't dedicate crazy extra time investment to PT to work on this, it's slow-going and incomplete. I'm also at too high a level to heavily use a lot of these guys in good conscience.

You'll notice other themes - tons of expensive players and Future Legend cards (gross), it's easy to get great pitching and near impossible to get any defense, and the category of "strong hitter/weak pitcher" doesn't even exist, so the focus has to be almost entirely from the pitching side instead of the hitting side.

Also Live Matt Davidson doesn't have any pitching talent and that bothers me.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #79
old timer
Hall Of Famer

In 4 straight games, my team is facing Randy Johnson (97), Pedro Martinez (96), Pedro Martinez and then Sandy Koufax (93). Only in PT.

Anyhow, I was surprised to see that I beat the 1st Pedro and even more surprised when I saw the score was 19-5! I got 1160 PP from the game (which for my team is a lot). Chuck Klein started the year for me on the reserve roster, but since JD Martinez started off poorly, I decided to platoon him in the DH role with Klein (vs R) and it's really payed off this year.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 02-22-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #80
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

6 of my next 10 games against division leader Daytona.... I'm 2-11 against them this season here's hoping I don't go 0-10 this stretch (prove me wrong boys.... prove me wrong )

at least I won't see them again this season after August 28th