Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #41
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
Hey all! I am the keystone perfectos. I wonder why my logo isn’t showing up in the standings. It is showing on my screen.

Have you tried re-uploading your logo by going to Customize Team Design on the team menu? This seemed to have worked for me in the past (of course it might have been a coincidence).
Old 02-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #42
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Yeah I have to do that at the beginning of each new season as it disappears. The weird thing is the correct logo shows on my screen now. I will send him the logo when I get home from work. Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Have you tried re-uploading your logo by going to Customize Team Design on the team menu? This seemed to have worked for me in the past (of course it might have been a coincidence).
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:32 PM   #43
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah I have to do that at the beginning of each new season as it disappears. The weird thing is the correct logo shows on my screen now. I will send him the logo when I get home from work. Thanks for the suggestion.

That happened to me too for the first two seasons, but suddenly was fixed after that. I reported this as a bug, by the way.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #44
|ChelseaNS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lobsters v. batbirds

Early season tilt of the Division front runners coming up.

Good Luck Orcin
|ChelseaNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #45
gemini615
All Star Reserve

My Indians charged into Waffletown and proceeded to get syruped. I lost all 4 and was outscored 31-10. I'm entertaining the notion of switching tomorrow's breakfast to french toast as well.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:41 PM   #46
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Clippers are 24-18 and 4 games over pythag with a RDiff of -6. Talk about lucky! Speaking of which...

I don't know how we keep beating the Gryphons Red team. It's now 6 straight against them (we lost the 1st game) and we ended last season with 7 straight wins I think. And our wins are always close. Of the 6 games, 2 were won in extras and 2 others were also won in our last at bat. So we won 6 games by only 8 runs. We've never been so lucky against a team before. Sorry Dunzie!

But your Gryphons Gold team took 3 of 4 (and easily) and lead the NC Central so that makes up for everything, right?

Last edited by old timer; 02-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:58 PM   #47
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I came home and saw I lost 16 straight games. That has to be a record. My logo is attached. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
not sure.... I always wonder when I see those generic logos if something isn't coming through or if someone just didn't make a logo for their team...

upload it here and I'll stick it in my logo folder at least so it shows up when I post standings
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2019, 06:53 PM   #48
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
My Indians charged into Waffletown and proceeded to get syruped. I lost all 4 and was outscored 31-10. I'm entertaining the notion of switching tomorrow's breakfast to french toast as well.
sometimes the syrup-laden field bogs down the opposition.... sometimes my boys get mired in it.... you just happened to come through when a bunch of my boys were hot

Quote:
I came home and saw I lost 16 straight games. That has to be a record. My logo is attached. Thanks!

copied to my logo folder.... still not popping in though is the filename how you have it named in the logo folder? (it's showing as 'keystoneperfectos' (all one word)).... I wonder if it's just the naming convention... does it have an underscore between the city and nickname in your logo folder? (i.e. "keystone_perfectos.png")
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:59 PM   #49
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

It is all one word in my folder. I attached a screenshot below showing that I can see it.
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2019, 07:00 PM   #50
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Should have been a sports writer!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:07 PM   #51
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

How do people have luck with J.D. Martinez? His ratings look good, but this is the second time I have tried him at DH and he is hitting 176 with 1 rbi through 68 at bats. First time he was right at .200 with 250 at bats. Might be time for a fire sale.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #52
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Clippers are 24-18 and 4 games over pythag with a RDiff of -6. Talk about lucky! Speaking of which...

I don't know how we keep beating the Gryphons Red team. It's now 6 straight against them (we lost the 1st game) and we ended last season with 7 straight wins I think. And our wins are always close. Of the 6 games, 2 were won in extras and 2 others were also won in our last at bat. So we won 6 games by only 8 runs. We've never been so lucky against a team before. Sorry Dunzie!

But your Gryphons Gold team took 3 of 4 (and easily) and lead the NC Central so that makes up for everything, right?
I am VERY well aware of the Clippers killing me time after time. I can’t understand the Red team. On paper to me they look every bit the equal of the Gold team but can’t win the same. Even when I get great performances we lose tight games. And the magic you guys have over them is undeniable now. If I didn’t have to face your boys I think this team could do some damage!! 😂. But we’ll done... again...!
Old 02-12-2019, 07:12 PM   #53
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post

Should have been a sports writer!
Ha! Actually I was just thinking how Bob Uecker would describe a game between the Indians and the Syrups. I'll leave the creative writing to STL Jason. Love your dynasty thread btw.

Last edited by gemini615; 02-12-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #54
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ha! Actually I was just thinking how Bob Uecker would describe a game between the Indians and the Syrups. I've leave the creative writing to STL Jason. Love your dynasty thread btw.
heh.... glad to know someone is following along.... some entries are pretty pedantic, but from time to time I get that creative burst and try to have a little fun with it....

and a generic side note: you gotta love the collection of obsessive baseball nerds on this site (and I mean that in the best way cause I'm one too)... where else are you going to find people who bother to colorize old time pics of players from 100+ years ago so you can make a facegen for a pc game to make the players not look like the undead just pulled a colorized pic of Garland Braxton from the mods section and made a facegen for him so the team picture stays complete (no baseball cards showing where the player should be because there's no facegen)... course, Curt Davis and Johnny Frederick are kinda close to zombie-like... and Bill Terry is just downright frightening, but the rest are pretty good.)
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2019, 07:20 PM   #55
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
How do people have luck with J.D. Martinez? His ratings look good, but this is the second time I have tried him at DH and he is hitting 176 with 1 rbi through 68 at bats. First time he was right at .200 with 250 at bats. Might be time for a fire sale.
My recommendation? Have patience. 68 ABs isn’t a fair sample size to judge him. He can’t field at all so pretty much DH limited but there aren’t many better at hitting for bang for the buck.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:23 PM   #56
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I am VERY well aware of the Clippers killing me time after time. I can’t understand the Red team. On paper to me they look every bit the equal of the Gold team but can’t win the same. Even when I get great performances we lose tight games. And the magic you guys have over them is undeniable now. If I didn’t have to face your boys I think this team could do some damage!! ��. But we’ll done... again...!

I actually felt a bit guilty for teasing you about it. It's obviously just bad luck and at some point, the Red team will be killing the Clippers. But for now, we're the lucky ones. In the past, I had this kind of luck against Will_L's team (the Corsairs) who kept winning in tight games against mine (and for more than one season).

As to the difference in teams, I can't tell at a glance why your Gold team has been doing better the past couple of seasons. It may really just be bad luck for now and the Red team may finish with the better record.

Last edited by old timer; 02-12-2019 at 07:25 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:26 PM   #57
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
My Cooper Gutter Cats are staying competitive as a no money team....
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #58
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is all one word in my folder. I attached a screenshot below showing that I can see it.
might not be the answer, but try putting an underscore between "keystone" and "perfectos".... if it makes you reload/re-attach the logo every new season, I'm wondering if it's looking for the standard "City_Nickname" format but not finding it so it leaves it generic
Old 02-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #59
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
heh.... glad to know someone is following along.... some entries are pretty pedantic, but from time to time I get that creative burst and try to have a little fun with it....

and a generic side note: you gotta love the collection of obsessive baseball nerds on this site (and I mean that in the best way cause I'm one too)... where else are you going to find people who bother to colorize old time pics of players from 100+ years ago so you can make a facegen for a pc game to make the players not look like the undead just pulled a colorized pic of Garland Braxton from the mods section and made a facegen for him so the team picture stays complete (no baseball cards showing where the player should be because there's no facegen)... course, Curt Davis and Johnny Frederick are kinda close to zombie-like... and Bill Terry is just downright frightening, but the rest are pretty good.)
I hope everyone takes the time to study and appreciate this picture because THIS is the most enjoyable and terrifying thing I've looked at all day. lol
I'm excited to play our final series tomorrow now that I have faces for your team!
Old 02-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #60
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
My Cooper Gutter Cats are staying competitive as a no money team....
same with my Syrups.... definitely a satisfying feeling of getting this far as F2P and being competitive (course, it helps to have a group of like minded players who are good with a point cap/etc; but I'll still take it)

and.... gah! Just missed scoring a run in every inning of my last game by 1.... got nothing in the 7th..... what's the achievement score for that one? Not sure I've ever gotten it