Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-17-2019, 10:41 PM   #121
the54effect
Minors (Single A)

After winning Bronze 220 in their debut 2028 season, the Borough's Battalion added a Silver Championship, following their league best 101-61 regular season with an 11-2 breeze through the playoff tree.

Christian Yelich (who was called up for the B220 playoffs the year before) capped off his first year with the team in grand fashion, claiming the MVP as the catalyst sitting in the two hole of a robust Battalion lineup.

After their rapid promotion, the team expects a stiff challenge in the Gold leagues, but Ace Chris Sale, 2029's Pitcher of the Year, has no doubts about the team's readiness and willingness to excel: "No season is a success if we're not hoisting a trophy and spraying each other in the eyes with thousand dollar bottles of bubbles at the end of it."
  • LTBNL (HOU) 2019-2034 & 2041-present 🎫x17🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🏆🏆🏆🏆

Last edited by the54effect; 02-17-2019 at 10:42 PM. Reason: dates
the54effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:45 PM   #122
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
...swept them. Aaron hit .643 with 4 HR's and 9 RBI. Off to the finals.
Won the WS 4-1. Silver last year, Gold this year and now to Diamond. I didn't think my Gold team was going to be good, and I feel the same about Diamond for next year. At least I have 10,000 to improve.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:03 PM   #123
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I look forward to a good series. We both had great years! Have fun!

Well I guess it's only fitting it's down to one agonizing game. The rest of the season is meaningless now... 9 innings or more left to crown a champ.

I'd wish you good luck but that just wouldn't make sense at all.

A good game. That's what we both want. Let's go extras.

(... but then the Gryphs win...)
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #124
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Many congrats Kushiel and the Yakety Yaks. Gave you everything I had... awesome series right down to game 7. I guess looking back on the year I have to be happy with finishing runner up... I had dismantled the Blue Gryphs to join Orcin's cap perfect league and had to rebuild them a little throughout the year. Our second half was really impressive. And knocking out the Korina Cowboys didn't feel bad in the playoffs either...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:53 PM   #125
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I posted my team's Manager History here: https://imgur.com/gallery/sbvDChP

The first Diamond League I was in (2024) appeared to be much stronger competition than the second (2025). I have been attempting to make continual improvements to my team consistently, but none have been significant enough to justify such incredibly large swings in performance. The variance comes more from the level of the competition, and I do not know which season was more representative. It is interesting to note that my cumulative record at Diamond is under .500. My total record across all leagues combined at the time of my promotion to Perfect was also under .500.

Similarly, this current season saw me competing in the strongest Perfect League I had been in yet. The top teams were just as good as ever (I mean, it is a Perfect League...), but unlike the previous 3 seasons, they ALL were top teams.

As an interesting little addendum to my team's futility (which ended with a "Score" value of 1, btw), here is a comparison between record and points earned from achievements in the last 4 seasons at the Perfect Level,

2026: 64-98 - 5180 points
2027: 66-96 - 3920 points
2028: 73-89 - 6405 points
2029: 41-121 - 2115 points

This continues to affirm something I have believed for a long time now, that extremely noncompetitive teams do NOT earn points. This was a completely wasted season, both in terms of wins and in terms of hopes for a better future. I look forward to unpausing my progression next season at Diamond.

To all the teams in P415 who earned far, far, far too many achievements against this dumpster fire... you're welcome.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:12 AM   #126
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
We were up 3-1 and I thought we were going to give away the series but in the end we pulled it out and won our first championship.

116 win season
7 All-Stars
MVP
Best Pitcher
3 Silver Sluggers
1286 Season score
And 22,000 PP to spend on my team as I get a chance to head up to the Silver Leagues

It took seven weeks but the Zurich Golden Lions finally won a championship.
Attached Images
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:34 AM   #127
Maddox
All Star Reserve

As a consolation for getting knocked out of the playoffs I received the following year end awards

MVP - Trout
Pitcher of the Year - Sad Sam Jones
Great Bat - CF - Trout
Great Glove - RF - McReynolds
Great Glove - LF - Suzuki
Great Glove - 2B - Smith
Great Glove - P - Jones
ERA Crown - Jones

And Stammen ended the season with a 32 game save streak
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:57 AM   #128
Crash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Name:  speier.png
Views: 92
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  speier1.png
Views: 95
Size:  67.5 KB

This guy was a net loss most seasons. Always bats last. wins MVP.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:27 AM   #129
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
As an interesting little addendum to my team's futility (which ended with a "Score" value of 1, btw), here is a comparison between record and points earned from achievements in the last 4 seasons at the Perfect Level,

2026: 64-98 - 5180 points
2027: 66-96 - 3920 points
2028: 73-89 - 6405 points
2029: 41-121 - 2115 points

This continues to affirm something I have believed for a long time now, that extremely noncompetitive teams do NOT earn points. This was a completely wasted season, both in terms of wins and in terms of hopes for a better future. I look forward to unpausing my progression next season at Diamond.

To all the teams in P415 who earned far, far, far too many achievements against this dumpster fire... you're welcome.
You've got me thinking. I've kinda kept an informal record of PP earned, mostly in updates posted in these threads, but now I've decided to keep an actual spreadsheet. I went back four seasons, like you have, to begin with, and will keep a day-by-day tally for future seasons. Here are my totals for the last 4 seasons, for your (and anybody else's) interest. For the purposes of comparison to your totals, these do not include postseason achievements (both the rewards for getting to the postseason and in-game achievements), but do include awards and All Stars. I'll put my postseason PP totals at the bottom of the post. Caveat, none of these seasons are at perfect.

2026: 95-67 - 5750 points - Gold
2027: 101-61 - 5085 points - Gold
2028: 90-72 - 5985 points - Gold
2029: 93-69 - 12000 points - Diamond

As a side note: this season was my best ever season for PP earning, at any level (I got a gold achievement for only the 3rd time since beta; that game alone earned me 4,030 points - the gold plus a few silvers and a some bronzes - and I had a couple of other higher earning games than I'm used to as well).

Generally, my earnings seem somewhere in the middle of your 2026 & 2028 marks, even though my regular season records over the last 4 seasons have been higher.

End of season achievements (Great Gloves, Great Bats, etc) have made up the following per season:

2026: 1200
2027: 500
2028: 1325
2029: 1600

Here are the PP I've earned during postseasons during this time (they are in addition to the original totals):

2026: 1030
2027: 1080
2028: 3100
2029: 1030

I definitely agree with you that extremely noncompetitive teams will struggle to earn points but I suppose that's really to be expected if the team is extremely noncompetitive. However, it looks as if a team that's only noncompetitive might still earn PP at a similar rate to a competitive team. As mentioned, I have no PP earning data for Perfect level.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:14 AM   #130
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Many congrats Kushiel and the Yakety Yaks. Gave you everything I had... awesome series right down to game 7. I guess looking back on the year I have to be happy with finishing runner up... I had dismantled the Blue Gryphs to join Orcin's cap perfect league and had to rebuild them a little throughout the year. Our second half was really impressive. And knocking out the Korina Cowboys didn't feel bad in the playoffs either...
It was a great season for us both as I said earlier. You have a well rounded, very well managed team that will have many opportunities. I was interested in joining Orcin's league too but I worked too hard building the Yaks to just tear them down. I miss all the talk I enjoyed when in leagues with active forum users. But, I want to play against the best teams in PT with the best team that I can field under my much smaller budget than many teams operate with. It is great fun to beat the really high dollar teams like you did in the playoffs with Korina. Good luck in future leagues. It is always an honor for me play with well made teams.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:27 AM   #131
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
You've got me thinking. I've kinda kept an informal record of PP earned, mostly in updates posted in these threads, but now I've decided to keep an actual spreadsheet. I went back four seasons, like you have, to begin with, and will keep a day-by-day tally for future seasons. Here are my totals for the last 4 seasons, for your (and anybody else's) interest. For the purposes of comparison to your totals, these do not include postseason achievements (both the rewards for getting to the postseason and in-game achievements), but do include awards and All Stars. I'll put my postseason PP totals at the bottom of the post. Caveat, none of these seasons are at perfect.

2026: 95-67 - 5750 points - Gold
2027: 101-61 - 5085 points - Gold
2028: 90-72 - 5985 points - Gold
2029: 93-69 - 12000 points - Diamond

As a side note: this season was my best ever season for PP earning, at any level (I got a gold achievement for only the 3rd time since beta; that game alone earned me 4,030 points - the gold plus a few silvers and a some bronzes - and I had a couple of other higher earning games than I'm used to as well).

Generally, my earnings seem somewhere in the middle of your 2026 & 2028 marks, even though my regular season records over the last 4 seasons have been higher.

End of season achievements (Great Gloves, Great Bats, etc) have made up the following per season:

2026: 1200
2027: 500
2028: 1325
2029: 1600

Here are the PP I've earned during postseasons during this time (they are in addition to the original totals):

2026: 1030
2027: 1080
2028: 3100
2029: 1030

I definitely agree with you that extremely noncompetitive teams will struggle to earn points but I suppose that's really to be expected if the team is extremely noncompetitive. However, it looks as if a team that's only noncompetitive might still earn PP at a similar rate to a competitive team. As mentioned, I have no PP earning data for Perfect level.

doing something similar on my dynasty thread....added a season point tracker section on the first post (don't have the season record but those can be found elsewhere in the thread); and track daily points earned in each update post
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:54 AM   #132
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Yakety Yaks are Perfect League Champs for the 3rd time. Immediately after winning the title, team GM/Manager, Kushiel, has announced that the prices of all tickets at Top of the World Park will be decreased to a price of free. "We just feel like everyone should have the chance to watch the Yaks play." he added. The Yaks billionaire owner, John J. Yakety, could not be reached for comment.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #133
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Trenton barely stayed in a Silver League for next season. No awards no nothing at the end, which was expected. Only one pitcher out pitched everyone on my staff and that was Warren Spahn (16-7, 3.12). My other team on the other hand Denver Bears, won big even those we were swept in the second series play offs. Batting triple crown, most pitching wins for the second year in a row, two great bats and a good season score. But the most importantly was we were promoted to Silver.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #134
Morug
Major Leagues

My penny wise was promoted to diamond league, top 4 team in playoff got promoted? Thats will be bad for my PW, they are not ready for Diamond league.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #135
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morug View Post
My penny wise was promoted to diamond league, top 4 team in playoff got promoted? Thats will be bad for my PW, they are not ready for Diamond league.
You never know. Last year I was promoted from Silver to Gold and thought I would struggle to get to .500. Ended up winning it all in Gold and now I am in Diamond.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote