Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-10-2019, 07:56 AM   #201
RickenG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadsit View Post
Michael Mayhem and the M-Town Stars are duking it out in the wild card game first thing tomorrow.

I can add Brisbane Brewers for my team if I end up staying in bronze as well.

I have a walks themed team in Bronze as well (Waddling Walruses - mwadsit2 as user) but I'm not sure that would really be considered a theme under these guidelines (more of a strategy). They're also fighting in the playoffs with the M-Town Stars and Michael Mayhem league.
Yes, the M-Stars actually had a late season surge to make the wildcard, in contrast to the total collapse that usually characterizes September for this team. It also looks like it might be the battle of Miles Mikolases. Unfortunately, mine has been my #5 starter as he has been pretty bad this season, so we're not optimistic here in M-Town for the Battle of the Themers.

UPDATE: Well, apparently the AI thought better of it and decided to start my 62% Maddux instead, but the Michael's Mikolas was still better and after a 5-1 win they will represent the theme teams for the remainder of the playoffs. Good luck, and see everyone back in Bronze probably!

Last edited by RickenG; 03-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.
RickenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #202
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Silver 280

Lots of playoff action featuring themed teams, including my Great Lakes Ghosts (nee Cream City Crew). We just defeated the Washington Nationals 3-1 in the DS. The Orioles are tied 2-2 against their non-themed team opponent. On the other side, there's only one themed team: the Yankees are trying to claw out of a 0-2 hole.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #203
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Point Loma is being booted down to silver. Considering they've been in a downward spiral after spending 3 seasons in the perfect leagues....I'd say they're a major disappointment at this point. (or at least their penny-pinching owner is)
Kennesaw is sticking around in gold though.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #204
sharknut
All Star Reserve

I am just finishing up the first season of my 3rd team, all A's and Giants. Just two players left to get rid of, hopefully can do that before I get done with the entry league.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #205
mwadsit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

(Mwadsit91) Michael Mayhem should be moving to silver. The OBP team Waddling Walruses should be staying in bronze if anyone wants to add them (mwadsit2)
mwadsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #206
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
Bernie - Brisbane Brewers - will be relegated to Bronze
Sorry about that one big dog
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #207
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Hi all. Just an FYI I will update the list one more time this weekend. Please let me know of any changes.

After that, with OOTP 20 coming out next week I will not be updating the list any further.

I plan to check on my team occasionally though. Maybe someday, I'll get that Giants-Dodgers world series
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #208
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Hi all. Just an FYI I will update the list one more time this weekend. Please let me know of any changes.

After that, with OOTP 20 coming out next week I will not be updating the list any further.

I plan to check on my team occasionally though. Maybe someday, I'll get that Giants-Dodgers world series
How about a Giants-Dodgers Sub-League series? About as close as we'll get...
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #209
chazzycat
All Star Starter

That was pretty sick. Even though you got the best of me, it was a great series. Don Drysdale vs. Tim Lincecum in game 7...what more could you ask for? And it looks like you're playing a Yankees theme in the series. Good stuff!
Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #210
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
That was pretty sick. Even though you got the best of me, it was a great series. Don Drysdale vs. Tim Lincecum in game 7...what more could you ask for? And it looks like you're playing a Yankees theme in the series. Good stuff!
Yeah, quite dramatic. Was trying to think of a way to work in a headline to replace one that always digs at my heart. How about...

Shot Heard Around The World - Furillo Takes "Freak" Deep
Old 03-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #211
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Congrats on taking the gold level championship! I didn't know who to root for....Yankees vs. Dodgers....puke. But good luck in diamond.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #212
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Yankees are in G 373 for this final season I'll be partaking in before OOTP 20 drops. Unfortunate end to the last season but what are you gonna do
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #213
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Congrats on taking the gold level championship! I didn't know who to root for....Yankees vs. Dodgers....puke. But good luck in diamond.
It was great seeing the Dodgers/Giants/Yankees making it that far together.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #214
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I think the real life giants used all the good luck and my poor Giants will never win a WS

3 straight playoff appearances in gold with no luck, and now I'm back to diamond. Womp womp.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #215
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
I think the real life giants used all the good luck and my poor Giants will never win a WS

3 straight playoff appearances in gold with no luck, and now I'm back to diamond. Womp womp.
Opposite for the Dodgers. For the 2nd time they won the championship at the Diamond level and are on their way back to Perfect again. They're getting smoked at Perfect once again... .375 win %. At that pace, we'll be back in Diamond next season.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:35 PM   #216
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Dang, what does that make, 3 WS trophies for your Dodgers? That's pretty impressive.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:08 AM   #217
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Dang, what does that make, 3 WS trophies for your Dodgers? That's pretty impressive.
Took a look and kind of interesting. Four championships from seven playoff appearances. Two of the four came as the wildcard. The winning % for the four years was .537 (Gold), .500 (Diamond), .531 (Gold), and .562 (Diamond). Overall their win % is .488, so they've made good on what opportunities they've had. Only won four division titles and won the championship 2 out of four while winning 2 of 3 as wildcard.