Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #61
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
We are heading into a problem. I had to delete a couple of friends who were not on the list because there is a limit for friends. My worry is we will not have enough to add 30 for the perfect league if we add diamond league friends.
Ok, we do have a problem. I just tested it and the friends list currently has a limit of 30. So for now, please remove any friends that are NOT in Perfect Leagues WHEN you hit the limit. You would only need to remove them one at a time as you add a new one.

I will use my powers of persuasion to see if we could get this limit raised (to 50?).

Last edited by Orcin; 01-26-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #62
joehart
All Star Starter

I really hope people are not bringing those rosters here, adjust them to 50 and then rotate top pitchers/batters.

Even with the 50 pts limitation, I decided not to bring my top team here since it can afford Silver/Gold/Diamond players that my other teams can not.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #63
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I really hope people are not bringing those rosters here, adjust them to 50 and then rotate top pitchers/batters.
Any players that are removed from the active roster have to sit out for 14 days. I am not sure that I see the issue here because you don't have to face the players that are sitting on the reserve roster.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #64
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Sounds a bit like you are manually incorporating a bit of competitive balance
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #65
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post
Yes, on a volunteer basis. This does nothing to change the way the game works for others.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #66
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Any players that are removed from the active roster have to sit out for 14 days. I am not sure that I see the issue here because you don't have to face the players that are sitting on the reserve roster.
I think he means after 14 days they will put in their best players. I will tell him I won’t but if he and others do I won’t sit back and watch. That is cheating, If someone makes it in that is not on the friends list well.....I made a deal so I will just watch them win but if one of us do it then I will not sit back and watch cheaters cheat if there is anything I can do about it. (Like put in my stars also and believe me you do not want me to do that.)😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #67
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Even with the 50 pts limitation, I decided not to bring my top team here since it can afford Silver/Gold/Diamond players that my other teams can not.
I have to admit my hesitancy in joining something like this, based on the potential for debates like this. Maybe it's good to hash things out so it's clear before it starts though.

I'll admit I was over Orcin's limit, and need to trim down. Not a lot, but I'm going to be close to the upper limits. I like to compete and have fun - I've played with Orcin, Zorro, and others in the past, and know they are tough.

I don't have a problem losing, but will do everything I can to win, and expect others to do the same within whatever the rules are. I dislike people that tank more than I dislike people that spend money. I've most likely spent what I'm going to spend, but if I got my hands on a perfect Pedro I'd find a way to use him and stay under 50.

I like to have options to swap in and out for underperforming players, but I usually only do that once per day.

I'm just looking for like-minded teams, but if I'm in the wrong spot let me know.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #68
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yes, on a volunteer basis. This does nothing to change the way the game works for others.
Im not criticizing, by the way. I think its great and think you guys will have a nice thing going, especially with the promotion/relegation if you can get that working properly, as well as an active community of players to chat about it all just further enhancing the experience.

But in a way, it simply adds validity to the concept of "competitive balance" that people were arguing for, with a lot of divided opinions on the matter, in that incredibly long thread.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #69
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He wants to try it and I am a friend so I will go along with it also. Should be a very friendly league and I like that. I love to post about our league as we all know. Hopefully we have a group that will bring fun.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #70
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, we do have a problem. I just tested it and the friends list currently has a limit of 30. So for now, please remove any friends that are NOT in Perfect Leagues WHEN you hit the limit. You would only need to remove them one at a time as you add a new one.

I will use my powers of persuasion to see if we could get this limit raised (to 50?).
Do I need to friends all in your list as well? Is it the Orcin in Perfect?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #71
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But in a way, it simply adds validity to the concept of "competitive balance" that people were arguing for, with a lot of divided opinions on the matter, in that incredibly long thread.
Oh no, Let’s not go there again. Lol. Let’s just have fun any way we can.😁
Old 01-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #72
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Yes, You need to friend all of us who are in the perfect league...
Old 01-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #73
joehart
All Star Starter

The 14 day limitation is great and I am glad a lot of us were part of that conversation many weeks ago. It helped reduce some issues.
My comment was more about rotating the top players in the universe until you have the sweet spot of top talent at 50 pts.

For example, some of my rosters don't have the luxury of trying out a different combination because I can't afford a roster with 40-50K players on my bench.
If I want to make a change, I have to sell a player, go through some time of fielding a lesser player, until I have the replacement and then wait for an extra 2-3K to look at other upgrades.
A top $$$ whale roster is likely fielding the top players at various positions and rotating until an ideal lineup has been found.

Don't get me wrong...the 50 pts limit is a great addition and I am very glad you posted your message. It opened up a whole new way of looking at the roster.
thank you.....
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:38 PM   #74
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

GREAT idea Orcin.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #75
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Yes and yes. Add the usernames listed in the first post.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #76
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The 14 day limitation is great and I am glad a lot of us were part of that conversation many weeks ago. It helped reduce some issues.
My comment was more about rotating the top players in the universe until you have the sweet spot of top talent at 50 pts.

For example, some of my rosters don't have the luxury of trying out a different combination because I can't afford a roster with 40-50K players on my bench.
If I want to make a change, I have to sell a player, go through some time of fielding a lesser player, until I have the replacement and then wait for an extra 2-3K to look at other upgrades.
A top $$$ whale roster is likely fielding the top players at various positions and rotating until an ideal lineup has been found.

Don't get me wrong...the 50 pts limit is a great addition and I am very glad you posted your message. It opened up a whole new way of looking at the roster.
thank you.....
I see what you are saying. I will Be one of those players that will tinker with my line up. That is what I always do.But I usually get to try and improve my players and now I have to down grade to make this work. I will always tinker with my lineup no matter what league I am in. That is my strategy. That is how I play the game.😁
Old 01-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #77
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I'm in first place in both of my diamond leagues. Maybe I'll join you next week if there are still spots. I wonder what happens if there are not all 30 spots filled and a 20 perfect roster sneaks into the league?
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #78
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
I like this idea. Unfortunately I'm over the 50 point mark
You and me both brother. We just have to adjust.😁
Old 01-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #79
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Im not criticizing, by the way. I think its great and think you guys will have a nice thing going, especially with the promotion/relegation if you can get that working properly, as well as an active community of players to chat about it all just further enhancing the experience.

I am not sure what your point is, other than to poke at me. I have stayed out of that thread recently because I was obviously making people angry (including you I think). There's no reason to chase me all over the forum to prove you are right and I am wrong. There's also no reason to get this thread derailed and possibly closed by arguing something that has been done ad nauseum over there.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #80
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I'm in first place in both of my diamond leagues. Maybe I'll join you next week if there are still spots. I wonder what happens if there are not all 30 spots filled and a 20 perfect roster sneaks into the league?
Then we will need to make the playoffs where anything can happen. 😁