Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-22-2019, 03:27 AM   #61
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The Hoggs stayed hot through April, finishing the month 19-7, 4 games up in the AC West. Run differential of +46, with the least runs conceded (5th-most scored). Bullpen is still a problem, so perhaps saving the pennies for a gold closer might be the thing to do.

Kevin McReynolds is tied for the league lead in homers, with 7.

Defensive efficiency is down, which is to be expected as plenty of game time is being given to train Simmons up at pretty much every position other than shortstop (which he's also playing when Aparicio is tired). Priority is being given to infield positions but he's played 2 games at CF and 2 games at LF so far. In 17 innings at CF he's pouched 1 chance, his efficiency rating .328.

The Hoggs lost 1 series during the month, to the Dead Ball Era Athletics, a pre-1940's theme team, who I feel should be much better than 10-16.

Overall, it feels as if this Gold league is not quite as tough as last season's. However, we shall see as the season progresses.

One thing replacing Lofton at CF with a non-speedy guy has meant is a whole lot less stolen bases. Aparicio is about the only guy I'm willing to let loose on the basepaths now. Ichiro, maybe, maybe not. For now, not.

PP earnings for the day: 890, all bronze achievements. Been a long time since I've seen a gold achievement!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 01-22-2019 at 03:28 AM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:40 AM   #62
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Silver Pirates P412 - after an unsuccessful 2 year stay in Perfect, the team is back for a second time. The team continues to utilize only Silver batters.
But this time, the rules have been adjusted to allow better than Silver pitchers.
Hi, I am the Beechwood Bucaneers and will look into your Team, maybe I can cheapen my hitting and buy me a Treinen. Anyway, I fear the second year in P will be my last for a Long time. Good luck to you!
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:06 AM   #63
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Woke up to a Silver Achievement.

Snap a 12 game losing streak. Looks like I'm stuck in Diamond again.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #64
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Here is last years ERA leader in my bronze league. He allowed only 53 runs in 230 innings. Through day one this season he has already allowed 22 runs in only 30 innings.

His ERA for all of last season is 2.07. His ERA this season is 6.60.

He is still in bronze league and he has the same exact stellar defense behind him. I have said it before, that I expect some variance but this is kind of extreme. Here is hoping he can turn it around.
Attached Images

Last edited by Maddox; 01-22-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:33 AM   #65
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Here is last years ERA leader in my bronze league. He allowed only 53 runs in 230 innings. Through day one this season he has already allowed 22 runs in only 30 innings.

He is still in bronze league and he has the same exact stellar defense behind him. I have said it before, that I expect some variance but this is kind of extreme. Here is hoping he can turn it around.
I woudn't stress over 30 innings with a BABIP over .310

He'll be fine.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #66
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess View Post
I woudn't stress over 30 innings with a BABIP over .310

He'll be fine.
I hope you are right. I have seen plenty of players in this game struggle to recover from an awful start.

He is my only starter with a ground ball tendency.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #67
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Let's see which way May turns out. First we swept the first place leader, second....

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #68
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
I'm in D359 and I think I might recognize some team names from the forums? Either way, I'm 7-18 after April, partially because the came de-activated one of my starters for no reason, leaving me with a 4-man rotation.
That's my Kennesaw team barely ahead of you lol
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #69
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

1st Team (G355) 25-13 Sold Hank Aaron 87 for 6K PP that I pulled in my starter pack, felt sentimental but just performed so poorly for me. Decided to use the money to upgrade my three weakest spots so I bought in 1B Eddie Murray, 3B Sal Bando and RF Valdimir Guerrero. We finished last in HR's last season so really emphasised on Power Hitting which so far has yielded better results (8th in Conference) but improved On-Base PCT too.

2nd Team (S258) 25-13 I really like this team and is probably my favourite so decided to invest £20 into upgrading SS and RF. I have been desperate for Ozzie Smith and finally found him available at 12K PP but also bought in Victor Robles on a recommendation from here for 8K PP. So far both have actually been really poor but adding value with their defense. Fernando Tatis Jr and Royce Lewis continue to be cornerstones for me and my Pitching Staff of Hubbell, Hallday, Carlton and Sain give me confidence that promotion is on the cards this season.

3rd Team (S263) 14-24 I had a test team that got promoted but decided I wanted a F2P team that I only upgraded with Packs. Therefore, sold everyone and raised around 12K PP and bought 12 packs. Proceeded to get the worst cards I ever imagined (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 16 Bronze). Sold my Gold Altuve hoping that one more pack would save me (1 Bronze, rest rubbish).

As expected last in RS, HR's and OBP, I was optimistic with a 1B platoon for Hosmer and Zimmerman but Zimmerman looks to have ruined that for me. However, my Starting Pitching is 1st with Lance Lynn and Tyler Anderson posting ERA's under 1.75 over 7 starts. Relegation is likely and due to that, I doubt I will receive enough PP to even upgrade this season.

Last edited by Joshrapley; 01-22-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #70
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Thanks! Well, no worries about my Clippers causing your team problems. Well, at least not yet - there's still time. Your Corsairs just swept a 3 game series from us by a total of 4 runs. We're off to a 5-10 start, but we're not losing by too much so hopefully we'll improve as the season goes on.
Sorry about that sweep, I'll tell them not to do that next time They started the season 17-4 and ended April on a 5 game losing streak to finish the month 17-9 LOL
I'll find out tomorrow morning how they did in May... left my laptop in the bedroom and the wife will kill me if I wake her up at 2 A.M. tonight to check on a game What's up with that?
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #71
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Not entirely sure what they think they can do here, but Alex Bregman was Batter of the Month in his first month, and I am delighted. If you squeezed me right now, I would squeal ecstatically, like one of those chewy toys for dogs.
Don't think I really wanna hug a racoon but I know a bulldog that would get a huge kick out of you going "squeaky, squeaky SQUEEEAK!"
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:39 PM   #72
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Things are going well for the Titans in P411. After going 18-9 in April we started May in 14-8, so we're enjoying a slim 1/2 game lead in the Central Division.

Offensively I'm feeling pretty good, but pitching has been pretty inconsistent, so my search for the right upgrade continues.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #73
whobob
Minors (Single A)

I seem to have found myself playing a scheduled doubleheader today with an off-day tomorrow. Has anyone else played a scheduled doubleheader before?
whobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:12 PM   #74
Morug
Major Leagues

After a bad april month (8-18), my Expos are now 3 GB of the first place of the division, now 24-26. Funny part was 3 consecutives win of 1-0...the last one was in the 11th inning.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:46 PM   #75
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post

Oh I know that feeling. Meet last year's league ERA leader, Kenta Maeda, who I stuck with a little too long this year:

At least my Paxton decided to pitch disgustingly well to start the season and help lead me to the best record (37-13) in the league thusfar:

FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:58 PM   #76
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by whobob View Post
I seem to have found myself playing a scheduled doubleheader today with an off-day tomorrow. Has anyone else played a scheduled doubleheader before?
I had one at one point and asked about it. It's an intended feature in the schedule that 2 teams have a double header on the schedule each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The default schedule used I believe includes a double-header on Memorial Day (although obviously it doesn't fall on Memorial day in your league since we move the start date each year to fall on the same day).
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:38 AM   #77
whobob
Minors (Single A)

I see, thank you. It was strange, it was in the middle of a four game set. Doubleheader, day off, game three, game four. I thought someone wanted their birthday off this year.
whobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:26 AM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

After an awful April (8-19), we went 15-12 so we're now 23-31. My pitching and defense are back to being near the top (both #2) again so maybe this diamond league isn't quite as strong as I had feared. But I'm earning PP at the slowest rate ever (only 540 PP through June 1st). So my awful offense will continue to be the worst since I have too little PP to upgrade any position.

Even though I know my team would benefit from relegation, I always feel compelled to try and do my best at the current level even though it's going to slow my progress. So I was happy to see that we're now tied for 5th (from 2nd worst) from the bottom with a bunch of other teams.
Attached Images
Old 01-23-2019, 04:07 AM   #79
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The Hoggs went 20-10 in May to be 39-17 after 2 months, with a 7-game lead in the division. Being the deeply cynical man that I man, I'm now expecting June and July to be awful months. We're 2 games above our Pythag, so while we've been a bit lucky we haven't been overly over-achieving.

Our run differential is now +85.

Yogi Berra is continuing to have a good season, with 2.2WAR so far, and a slash-line of .336/.376/.603.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #80
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Opened up a perfect Johnny Bench last night after selling off a bunch of reserve players and buying packs with the proceeds. Went on a 4 game winning streak immediately after putting him in the lineup. Looks like we might be able to avoid relegation from Diamond!

Last edited by mess; 01-23-2019 at 08:52 AM.
mess is offline   Reply With Quote