Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-11-2019, 02:27 AM   #81
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
14 teams have a better record than the NC East Division leader. I think a lot of teams would enjoy being there!
I dunno... Only the Hops has a +Run differential in the division (with +6) but it's those underdog teams that always seem to get hot at the second half. I would't lose sight of them...
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:06 PM   #82
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
I dunno... Only the Hops has a +Run differential in the division (with +6) but it's those underdog teams that always seem to get hot at the second half. I would't lose sight of them...
Nobody has gotten too hot yet, looks like the Hops are up to +7, but having some bad luck. I'd be nervous if I won the West and played a team with a losing record. I'd be confident I'd get upset.

I don't know if I can play much better than I am (11-2) so far, but I just can't catch your juggernaut of a team. Hopefully I can make you sweat a little tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic. Either way though, it's been a fun year so far.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #83
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Nobody has gotten too hot yet, looks like the Hops are up to +7, but having some bad luck. I'd be nervous if I won the West and played a team with a losing record. I'd be confident I'd get upset.

I don't know if I can play much better than I am (11-2) so far, but I just can't catch your juggernaut of a team. Hopefully I can make you sweat a little tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic. Either way though, it's been a fun year so far.
The Breakers have manage to stay lucky this month but 7 games against you tomorrow will be telling... The only team they haven't been able to solve so far.

Some close battles in both the AC and NC East Divisions. I've seen a under .500 team win their division and make it to the World Series before. Anything can happen once the play-offs kick off!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #84
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Breakers have manage to stay lucky this month but 7 games against you tomorrow will be telling... The only team they haven't been able to solve so far.

Some close battles in both the AC and NC East Divisions. I've seen a under .500 team win their division and make it to the World Series before. Anything can happen once the play-offs kick off!
There are definitely some close battles going on. Definitely agree about anything happening once you make the play-offs.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Be nice if we could find a way to knock down your lead a couple games tonight.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #85
zrog2000
All Star Starter

1 game out of the wild card with 15 games to go, but only 6 at home. Not feeling too great about this, even though my team is 8-2 in last 10.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #86
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
1 game out of the wild card with 15 games to go, but only 6 at home. Not feeling too great about this, even though my team is 8-2 in last 10.
Good luck, the Wild Card and the East in your league are getting interesting.

And congrats to AJ and Medici on their playoff berths. Looks like the Breakers figured out how to beat me in September.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:56 PM   #87
ajwindon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I feel much more confident this season than last season so hopefully can at least make the Championship Series
ajwindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #88
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwindon View Post
I feel much more confident this season than last season so hopefully can at least make the Championship Series
Your pitching is very tough, and you are hot. Not too mention adding Bonds. You are definitely the team to beat in the American Conference.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #89
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Not looking good. Still 2 behind WC with only 1 home game and 7 away left.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #90
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have the toughest remaining schedule too. Although you do play Tacoma, so if you sweep them you could move ahead.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:41 PM   #91
ajwindon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think my Smoltz has a legit shot at the Cy Young this year as well. Should be interesting as we have gone on a tear over September and won 11 straight.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #92
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwindon View Post
I think my Smoltz has a legit shot at the Cy Young this year as well. Should be interesting as we have gone on a tear over September and won 11 straight.
I hope so over Hubbell, who looks like he's no longer in the league. 20 wins seems to carry a little bit of value. Last year things were pretty close, but I think Sale's wins helped net him Pitcher of the Year, despite trailing a little in other stats.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:59 PM   #93
ajwindon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I hope so over Hubbell, who looks like he's no longer in the league. 20 wins seems to carry a little bit of value. Last year things were pretty close, but I think Sale's wins helped net him Pitcher of the Year, despite trailing a little in other stats.
I figure if Smoltz can get 1 more start and get that 200 strikeout mark he should win it. There's the Kershaw that is tied for wins, but trailing in strikeouts. They are only separated by 0.01 ERA as well.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:36 PM   #94
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Your pitching is very tough, and you are hot. Not too mention adding Bonds. You are definitely the team to beat in the American Conference.
Agreed. And Cal Ripken made your already strong team even more dangerous! In just 60 games, he has a 3.3WAR with 14HRs and 47RBIs and some incredible fielding. Crazy!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #95
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Good luck, the Wild Card and the East in your league are getting interesting.

And congrats to AJ and Medici on their playoff berths. Looks like the Breakers figured out how to beat me in September.
Your team still got the best of me in the overall series. I enjoyed the race and something tells me we will battle again in this game ;-)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:40 PM   #96
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
And your team is fighting down to the last game of the season! Still a chance to force a game 163 for the wild card with a win and a Hartford Loss. Best of luck!
Old 01-13-2019, 12:23 AM   #97
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your team still got the best of me in the overall series. I enjoyed the race and something tells me we will battle again in this game ;-)
I enjoyed the race too, congratulations! You definitely have a tough team. A nice challenge having to face Kevin Brown, then the Big Unit, then John Smoltz. I look forward to our next battle!

I don't know why, but I don't feel too comfortable against the Dinos in the Wild Card game. I hope I'm wrong. Pedro is well rested, and hopefully ready.

If we survive I believe we battle once again. I don't want to get ahead of myself though,
Old 01-13-2019, 12:24 AM   #98
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And your team is fighting down to the last game of the season! Still a chance to force a game 163 for the wild card with a win and a Hartford Loss. Best of luck!
What a race, looks like you came up just short, but we still get a game 163 to break the tie in the East between Tacoma and Hartford.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #99
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I enjoyed the race too, congratulations! You definitely have a tough team. A nice challenge having to face Kevin Brown, then the Big Unit, then John Smoltz. I look forward to our next battle!

I don't know why, but I don't feel too comfortable against the Dinos in the Wild Card game. I hope I'm wrong. Pedro is well rested, and hopefully ready.

If we survive I believe we battle once again. I don't want to get ahead of myself though,
I know the feeling. Never comfortable in a one and done situation. You did well last year in the same position, advancing 1 win away from the WS out of the wildcard. Best of luck tomorrow!
Old 01-13-2019, 05:12 AM   #100
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Great season, congrats to everyone who made it through. Shame that Seals didn't make it, they were pretty close to get that wild card spot. Looking forwards for division series with Taters, GL!
Hopefully my SS will finally find their form and start hitting and I make it through.
SF Giants is offline   Reply With Quote