Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #41
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Bob Ojeda, Mike Scioscia, Adonis Medina, Willie Davis have all performed well above their weight for me.

Many hidden gems mentioned seem to perform great up to Gold Level and then hit a wall at Perfect. Hard to explain why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Okay, who is the wise guy who clearly just bought him and then put him up on a 24 hour auction with an outrageous 1000 over average BIN? I'd buy him right now at no more than 200 over.
These guys suck. They ruin the game. Yeah, let's help each other with advice so the scalpers can swoop in and jack up the prices making the inexpensive gems expensive. yeesh, go play a commodities market simulation (or the real thing).

Last edited by Abnerdoubleday; 01-05-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #42
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

New joiner here, so I have only entry and bronze league experience to date

Vinnie Castilla (78) was really solid for me - kept him active until I needed to shift things around to get more LH hitters in my lineup.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #43
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
The best hitter by far (using RC27) is Enos Slaughter at 7.01 (803 Games Played). At a distant second is Earl Webb at 6.29 (1643 GP). These are the stats they've had for all teams in the leagues I've been in.

My data from last 5 years showed him as hit & miss (sitting outside the top 10 in LF) but after your comment, I gave him a second try when my 75 Rose decided that he forgot how to hit the ball.

Thank you. He pretty much took down three great Perfect teams all alone and sits at a nice 1.192 OPS.

Would you be able to drop your suggested top 5 Silver SP&RP pitchers into a message?

Barker/Soroka/Sixto & Martinez brought me to Perfect but usually any cold stretch from one or two of them is enough to de-rail the team against the competition and put me too far behind in the wildcard race.

I am curious if anyone has found a way to compete in the highest league with a Silver-based team?
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #44
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Would you be able to drop your suggested top 5 Silver SP&RP pitchers into a message?
Yes, I'll send them once I get done with my "honey do" list.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #45
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnerdoubleday View Post
Bob Ojeda, Mike Scioscia, Adonis Medina, Willie Davis have all performed well above their weight for me.

Many hidden gems mentioned seem to perform great up to Gold Level and then hit a wall at Perfect. Hard to explain why.

These guys suck. They ruin the game. Yeah, let's help each other with advice so the scalpers can swoop in and jack up the prices making the inexpensive gems expensive. yeesh, go play a commodities market simulation (or the real thing).
I don't see how flipping cards ruins the game, but in this case it could be karma.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #46
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I am curious if anyone has found a way to compete in the highest league with a Silver-based team?
My 3rd team (Pacific Time Zone teams) is a theme team that isn't going well in Gold, so I might blow them up and try Silver-only. I've already turned team #2 into a analytics-selected team in Gold that is only missing the playoffs because I had a garbage roster in month 1 of the rebuild.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #47
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I don't see how flipping cards ruins the game, but in this case it could be karma.
Got me.

I don't really mind though. And it seems like made a good play because someone went for the BIN. It's really hard to make 1000 over average on cards under diamond.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #48
Morug
Major Leagues

Bill Skowron
Andrelton Simmons
Matty Alou at left field
Tony Watson
Joakim Soria
Dennis Martinez
Jody Davis
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #49
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Cool topic. As a White Sox fan I had to pick up Aparicio thanks.

Through Silver league

LF Otis Nixon - 61 lead off with a ton SBs
RHP reliever Hector Rondon - 77 good high leverage
1B Cecil Cooper - 79 (could DH vs RHP but won gold glove for me twice)
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:06 AM   #50
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Any experience with the best lower cost utility infielder besides Aparicio. Ideally someone who can pinch run too? Thanks
Old 01-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #51
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Luis Guillorme is a stud glove guy and like a 44 overall.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #52
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Any experience with the best lower cost utility infielder besides Aparicio. Ideally someone who can pinch run too? Thanks
Andrelton Simmons, maybe? I forget how good his baserunning is, but heis an elite defensive infielder at every position plus an above average outfielder. Hits fine at lower levels, too. Not sure what he's going for right now, but depending on your definition of low cost, I think he fits.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #53
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

As mentioned Jody Davis C (Historical All Star - 67) is a steal at around 150PP.

97 Catcher (85 Catching Ability & 79 Catchers Arm)

BrL: 2.7WAR (.280/.322/.477)

Have also picked up recently Bob Ojeda and Charlie Robertson on recommendations from here so intrigued to see how they perform for me.

Really wanted Len Barker but his value is currently through the roof so wont be able to afford him for a while.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #54
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

I've only been in entry, bronze and silver so far - but Kyle Freeland has been rock-solid at each level.
matingly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:10 AM   #55
Manwithplanx
Bat Boy

Surprised to see no one mention Cecil Fielder yet, he's a rock solid DH/1B against LHP. Still slugging for me in diamond

Manwithplanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #56
llcmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Andrelton Simmons, maybe? I forget how good his baserunning is, but heis an elite defensive infielder at every position plus an above average outfielder. Hits fine at lower levels, too. Not sure what he's going for right now, but depending on your definition of low cost, I think he fits.
He always has a decent WAR and his defense is second to none.
llcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #57
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Elite fielder for sure. Looks like above avg baserunner 53, 79, 58. I was thinking around 1000 for low cost
Attached Images
Old 01-06-2019, 11:17 AM   #58
llcmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morug View Post
Bill Skowron
Andrelton Simmons
Matty Alou at left field
Tony Watson
Joakim Soria
Dennis Martinez
Jody Davis
For some reason, Matty Alou always sucks for me. I thought I found a diamond in the rough, and he does hit .310, but his defense is lacking even at the corners and always has an almost 0 WAR.
llcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #59
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrapley View Post
As mentioned Jody Davis C (Historical All Star - 67) is a steal at around 150PP.

97 Catcher (85 Catching Ability & 79 Catchers Arm)

BrL: 2.7WAR (.280/.322/.477)

Have also picked up recently Bob Ojeda and Charlie Robertson on recommendations from here so intrigued to see how they perform for me.

Really wanted Len Barker but his value is currently through the roof so wont be able to afford him for a while.
Same thumbs up for Jody Davis and Charlie Robertson. Had them and were Great in Bronze and OK in Silver leagues.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #60
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Elite fielder for sure. Looks like above avg baserunner 53, 79, 58. I was thinking around 1000 for low cost
Looks like a good fit then. I have him on my Perfect League team as Utility #2 at every position. He can't hit too well at that level, but always insane defensive metrics and super-utility ability means he's fine the 1 or 2 games a week he starts, and a good pitch runner + late inning defensive replacement.