Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #41
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Sometimes the best explanation is the simplest explanation. You probably are right too about the sample size. Plus it happens at the beginning of the season it looks weird, if it happened in the middle it's harder to notice.

The weirdness, plus time off, plus wife working and kids shopping equals trouble.
Again, Thank you for all the information you gave me about my team. I for one am happy you are off and the wife and the kids are away. It gives me a little idea on what to watch for in away games.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #42
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Yes, I did not mean this as a complaint against the game because I like the year to year little random changes in the players but I usually know how to adjust and fix the problem for that season but this year (Season) I am lost. Lol.
Yes, I know that you didn't. Like you I like the little random changes, because it keeps things fresh. For whatever reason these differences just felt weird. Maybe it's a combo of random changes and super teams that make things feel off.

I just like to adjust if possible, but just don't know how. That's why I keep digging. Hopefully things will even out over the course of the season.

Does make me wonder about park effects though, and I do know I don't have a power hitting team, so perhaps by leaving my factors at 1 I'm doing my team a disservice.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #43
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Does make me wonder about park effects though, and I do know I don't have a power hitting team, so perhaps by leaving my factors at 1 I'm doing my team a disservice.
I changed my park to .90 for left handed HR because I have no left handed home run hitters this season or last. It seems to have worked for me. I figure It don’t hurt Carew (My guy)to do .90 where when Mccovey comes to visit it might keep one of his in the park. I just watched 3 games on the road and we lost two of them 2-1 in a neutral park. Carew struck out 3 times in those two games with a runner on third and less then 2 outs. In any other season those runs would have scored because Carew does not strike out. I guess I will just ride this out and feel very fortunate that my Division is having a terrible year and I have a nice size lead. (At the moment) lol.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #44
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Again, Thank you for all the information you gave me about my team. I for one am happy you are off and the wife and the kids are away. It gives me a little idea on what to watch for in away games.
Anytime, I've been working on putting together a better version of my spreadsheet so it helps digging in. I'll be back later tonight and can share anything interesting I find.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #45
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I like your Mattingly , Before I got Carew I tried to get Don but he was not on the Auction block. He has 22 doubles already for you this year. I like his card but they cheated him on defense in my opinion. I remember him being a top first baseman.

Last edited by Zorro; 12-26-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #46
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anytime, I've been working on putting together a better version of my spreadsheet so it helps digging in. I'll be back later tonight and can share anything interesting I find.
Thank you....
Old 12-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #47
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I changed my park to .90 for left handed HR because I have no left handed home run hitters this season or last. It seems to have worked for me. I figure It don’t hurt Carew (My guy)to do .90 where when Mccovey comes to visit it might keep one of his in the park. I just watched 3 games on the road and we lost two of them 2-1 in a neutral park. Carew struck out 3 times in those two games with a runner on third and less then 2 outs. In any other season those runs would have scored because Carew does not strike out. I guess I will just ride this out and feel very fortunate that my Division is having a terrible year and I have a nice size lead. (At the moment) lol.
That makes a lot of sense. I've been looking at a quick way to compare teams so just looking at all batters and the average batter on your team leads the league (82.28 vs L/80.93 vs R) by a pretty wide margin. Definitely jealous of that. You rank 4th in power. I'm not surprised you score a lot of runs.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #48
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. I've been looking at a quick way to compare teams so just looking at all batters and the average batter on your team leads the league (82.28 vs L/80.93 vs R) by a pretty wide margin. Definitely jealous of that. You rank 4th in power. I'm not surprised you score a lot of runs.
wow, I am in over my head. You rock with all this spreadsheet info you make.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #49
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

10 in a row. That puts you right in the middle of wild card race. GREAT JOB..
Old 12-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #50
Will_L
All Star Reserve

NYC Subway Rats are my group of guys. Anyone know how they're doing today? Won't be able to check in on them until tomorrow morning :-(
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #51
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
NYC Subway Rats are my group of guys. Anyone know how they're doing today? Won't be able to check in on them until tomorrow morning :-(
Hi Will I will check right now.....
You are 32-39. 11.5 games out. In the wild card race you are 8.5 out. So you need a little run.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #52
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hi Will I will check right now.....
You are 32-39. 11.5 games out. In the wild card race you are 8.5 out. So you need a little run.
Thank you Not so sure these guys are gonna be able to pull off a run to get back in it. They'll probably have a good August and great September to make the season look decent LOL

Last edited by Will_L; 12-26-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:44 PM   #53
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Sorry NYY 23, I open my big mouth and you lose the next three games.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #54
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you Not so sure these guys are gonna be able to pull off a run to get back in it. They'll probably have a good August and great September to make the season look decent LOL
I wish you the best of luck the rest of the way .

Last edited by Zorro; 12-26-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #55
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry NYY 23, I open my big mouth and you lose the next three games.
No worries at all my friend, I can't blame you for my streaky team. I just checked in quick and was happy to see I was on a winning streak earlier. I'm just glad to get some updates while I'm out too, to get me thinking to spend or not to spend tonight.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #56
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like your Mattingly , Before I got Carew I tried to get Don but he was not on the Auction block. He has 22 doubles already for you this year. I like his card but they cheated him on defense in my opinion. I remember him being a top first baseman.
I've been on the lookout for this version of Mattingly since the beginning, but they've been hard to find. I've had the silver version, but really wanted to upgrade. I saw this Sunday, and I'm quite certain I overpaid, but have no regrets. He was the first player I remember following coming up as a rookie and watching become a star. I grew up in Massachusetts, but it was the combo of Mattingly and Phil Rizzuto announcing that were really responsible for me being a Yankee fan. To have both on my team is pretty cool to me.

I'm probably biased, but do think he is a little underrated on defense. I still do want to get your version of Rod Carew too, not sure how to fit them both, but just having them is worth it. I remember collecting baseball cards and my uncle giving me a rookie Rod Carew card. I was so excited, although upon getting it although I learned my uncle drew a mustache on Rod Carew. I like those pure-hitter types though.

Quote:
wow, I am in over my head. You rock with all this spreadsheet info you make.
I can definitely without a doubt say you aren't in over your head, you definitely belong at the top level.

Quote:
10 in a row. That puts you right in the middle of wild card race. GREAT JOB..
I feel like I have a couple holes before I'm ready to compete at the top level. But everytime I go on a run I'm tempted to make a big purchase.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #57
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Welcome - I do hate when I'm not able to check. Good luck with that run - you are currently on a four-game winning streak. If the screen is right it looks like 12 teams are promoted, so just the playoff teams. So we'll likely be battling it out in diamond next year again.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #58
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've been on the lookout for this version of Mattingly since the beginning, but they've been hard to find. I've had the silver version, but really wanted to upgrade. I saw this Sunday, and I'm quite certain I overpaid, but have no regrets. He was the first player I remember following coming up as a rookie and watching become a star. I grew up in Massachusetts, but it was the combo of Mattingly and Phil Rizzuto announcing that were really responsible for me being a Yankee fan. To have both on my team is pretty cool to me.
Don Mattingly is from my town (Evansville, IN) and the street in front of our stadium, Bosse Field, is named for him. He is a BIG deal around here.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #59
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Don Mattingly is from my town (Evansville, IN) and the street in front of our stadium, Bosse Field, is named for him. He is a BIG deal around here.
That is pretty awesome. I'll have to keep that in mind in case I'm ever in the area. It's good to hear he is a big deal there, he deserves it.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #60
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've been on the lookout for this version of Mattingly since the beginning, but they've been hard to find. I've had the silver version, but really wanted to upgrade. I saw this Sunday, and I'm quite certain I overpaid, but have no regrets.
I feel one NEVER overpays if they get the player they want. I overpay at times and undersell all the time. I guess one would say I am a terrible business man but I put so much time (Fun) into this that I really don’t have the time or patience to buy low or sell high. The only time I hold back on a favorite is if it hurts my team. Willie Mays is my favorite of alltime. I wanted his perfect card but I have his 97 Top War card and if I got the perfect I would actually hurt my team because his right handed hitting against pitchers is weaker then my Mays card so I declined but I still look at that perfect as the best Mays card. Lol. I split my time in CF because Punkett hits left handed pitching so well.
As of this morning going into July your team is slumping a little winning 3 of its last 10 games and 5 back in the Wild Card race. I am pulling for you to make the Playoffs so you need to make a little run soon. I kinda like the streaky nature of this game. You always feel when times are a little tough that a run is right around the corner to get you back on top.