Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #21
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Weird is a good way to put it. Something just seems off this season. I keep looking for a reason, but maybe it's just weird randomness. Lol.

Playing bad at home bothers me, mostly because nothing is jumping out at me.

Lots of variability in between records and Pyt Record too. You are already -6 fairly early in the season. Seems like more variance than normal, but maybe things will even out over the season.
You hit it on the head. I am killing myself trying to find a reason for this. I am also under .500 against left handed pitchers and I was always over .700 against them the past 2 seasons. Lol. Something seems off and I am killing myself to find what it is. I am not blaming the game because we all play it, I just cannot figure out what the hell I am doing wrong this season. I am so thankful I have a nice lead.(God knows why) but I have to get it together before the playoffs.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #22
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Lots of variability in between records and Pyt Record too. You are already -6 fairly early in the season. Seems like more variance than normal, but maybe things will even out over the season.
Yes, I did not even notice that. I guess I should fire my on field Manager. Maybe that is why. Lol.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
You hit it on the head. I am killing myself trying to find a reason for this. I am also under .500 against left handed pitchers and I was always over .700 against them the past 2 seasons. Lol. Something seems off and I am killing myself to find what it is. I am not blaming the game because we all play it, I just cannot figure out what the hell I am doing wrong this season. I am so thankful I have a nice lead.(God knows why) but I have to get it together before the playoffs.
Yes, that's what's really bothering me, I can't figure out what's off. Lefties are a problem for me too, when they weren't before, and I can't find the reason.

I thought I knew what my faults were, and what I needed to do to improve things, but now I'm questioning everything. I'm really not too far off where I expect, but I'm going to just keep digging until I drive myself crazy.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

One thing to look at is the park factors in the road parks where you have played. I have been tracking it, and I score/allow an extra run per game on the road. This is because the other teams in my division have the offense jacked up in their home parks.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #25
Clavette
Major Leagues

CT Stripers here.

Stinking it up. Expected better results from a rotation of Sale, Brown, Degrom, Kershaw, and Gibson. Best pitcher is 80 ovr Betances. Had to permanently bench Cole with double digits era. Bats are no where to be found either. Posey hitting .180?!?!

Some changes are in store tonight
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #26
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
One thing to look at is the park factors in the road parks where you have played. I have been tracking it, and I score/allow an extra run per game on the road. This is because the other teams in my division have the offense jacked up in their home parks.
Interesting enough I've scored 1 run per game more on the road, while allowing .6 less runs on the road. There are a couple of pars with park factors, but I've only played a few games there. I'm guessing it's just small sample size that makes it feel weird.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:38 PM   #27
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
CT Stripers here.

Stinking it up. Expected better results from a rotation of Sale, Brown, Degrom, Kershaw, and Gibson. Best pitcher is 80 ovr Betances. Had to permanently bench Cole with double digits era. Bats are no where to be found either. Posey hitting .180?!?!

Welcome. I have to say looking at the rosters Monday I expected you to be battling it out for the division, so I'm a little surprised at your struggles, especially with your pitching staff.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #28
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
CT Stripers here.

Yes , You have a wonderful,staff. Things should straighten out. (I would hope)
Old 12-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #29
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interesting enough I've scored 1 run per game more on the road, while allowing .6 less runs on the road. There are a couple of pars with park factors, but I've only played a few games there. I'm guessing it's just small sample size that makes it feel weird.
How do you find those stats? Under team info then team stats I do not see the home and away runs?

Last edited by Zorro; 12-26-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:11 PM   #30
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do you find those stats? Under team info then team stats I do not see the home and away runs?
I've been going to roster, player list, then picking the view and exporting to excel to calculate. Don't believe there is an easier way.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #31
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

I had it all set-up, so it's just a matter of exporting, but looking at your team I see this:

6.2 RPG at home
4.6 RPG on road
3.5 RPG allowed at home
2.6 RPG allowed on road

So why you score 1.6 less runs on the road is a mystery
Old 12-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #32
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've been going to roster, player list, then picking the view and exporting to excel to calculate. Don't believe there is an easier way.
Ok, Thank you very much my friend.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #33
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had it all set-up, so it's just a matter of exporting, but looking at your team I see this:

6.2 RPG at home
4.6 RPG on road
3.5 RPG allowed at home
2.6 RPG allowed on road

wow, Thank you for doing that. Yes, I have my park set on Neutral for left and right hand hitters except for the left handed HR which I have set at 90. So I do not understand why we score way less on the road either. Thank you again for doing that for me....
Old 12-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #34
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, Thank you very much my friend.
You're welcome. Still trying to look for something to explain things. Your team like mine has better offensive ratings vs left then vs right. You are hitting .279 vs RHP and scoring 4.9 per game, while hitting .288 vs LHP and scoring 5.7 runs per game. So I just get more confused.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #35
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I think the small sample size does confuse us.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #36
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
wow, Thank you for doing that. Yes, I have my park set on Neutral for left and right hand hitters except for the left handed HR which I have set at 90. So I do not understand why we score way less on the road either. Thank you again for doing that for me....
No problem. It helps to see how you compare, that's what I would expect too with a Neutral park. It's puzzling. Further down the rabbit hole I go.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #37
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I think the small sample size does confuse us.
Sometimes the best explanation is the simplest explanation. You probably are right too about the sample size. Plus it happens at the beginning of the season it looks weird, if it happened in the middle it's harder to notice.

The weirdness, plus time off, plus wife working and kids shopping equals trouble.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #38
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

6.2 RPG at home
4.6 RPG on road
3.5 RPG allowed at home
2.6 RPG allowed on road

That explains the 10-0 and the 1-0 . Lol. I win the big scoring games at home and lose the low scoring games on the road It is killing me on how to fix this..
Old 12-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #39
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sometimes the best explanation is the simplest explanation. You probably are right too about the sample size. Plus it happens at the beginning of the season it looks weird, if it happened in the middle it's harder to notice.

The weirdness, plus time off, plus wife working and kids shopping equals trouble.
Lol....
Old 12-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #40
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yes, I did not mean this as a complaint against the game because I like the year to year little random changes in the players but I usually know how to adjust and fix the problem for that season but this year (Season) I am lost. Lol.

Last edited by Zorro; 12-26-2018 at 02:51 PM.