Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #61
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
While I appreciate the plaudits, I can't really accept them: I should say that I did spend a chunk of money late last season/in the offseason because I want to support the devs. I used it on very specific types of players to try and maximize my investment/strategy, but I'm definitely no longer F2P, so you're actually the impressive one for hanging with me so closely as F2P!
I am not "free to play" either. I spent $20 (25000pp) soon after the store opened. I bought 20 packs (which got me Strasburg and Taillon for my rotation and some useful silvers), and spent the other 5000pp at the AH.

I don't consider $20 to be a whale though.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #62
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am not "free to play" either. I spent $20 (25000pp) soon after the store opened. I bought 20 packs (which got me Strasburg and Taillon for my rotation and some useful silvers), and spent the other 5000pp at the AH.

I don't consider $20 to be a whale though.
I'm finding that a fairly little bit of real $ can go a long way in PT if you're lucky and willing to work the market a bit.

I spent $37 to get my team (1 perfect, 13 diamonds, 19 gold and countless silver) but did a lot of working the market (and got insanely lucky opening packs) as well.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-15-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #63
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
That would be my team (Nice)

I wasn't completely unselective and you'll see some higher rated guys on my reserve roster, and I tend to cycle players in and out depending on performance and tiredness for pitchers especially, but I've definitely not built the team with any dedicated strategy, other than "get as many of the best players/cards as possible."

It was working a treat early on, with the best record in the league last year (though an unceremonious exit in the first round of the playoffs) and through the early part of this year, but I hit a bad bump in June, going 4-13 over one stretch against some pretty bad teams to end up where I'm at now, leading the division by a healthy margin, but 5.5 games behind you overall.
Ah, ya - the Aigles were a nightmare last season

Will be a very interesting playoff series if it happens, and because of how much I've tweaked my park home-field advantage will be a big deal. Though, I played the WC game at home last season and it didn't help me against Orcin, so...
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #64
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'm finding that a fairly little bit of real $ can go a long way in PT if you're lucky and willing to work the market a bit.

I spent $40 to get my team but did a lot of working the market (and got insanely lucky opening packs) as well.
Agreed, I think you can stretch an investment pretty far if you're careful, which is important.

I haven't opened any packs at all, just pure AH, because I knew exactly who (or at least what type of player) I was targeting from the get-go. This actually helped a ton at first, because I didn't have to hesitate snapping up cards people had under-priced on the 'buy it now' option if they fit my team, and I could ignore all the highly-tempting cards most people focused their bidding on.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:33 PM   #65
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Off to work I went and my team fell out of first 4 and 9 while I was away at work

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #66
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Off to work I went and my team fell out of first 4 and 9 while I was away at work
My team fell apart yesterday, and hasn't recovered yet. Thinking I may try and shake things up and try out a couple things before rosters are reset.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #67
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Standings at the All-Star Break:

Name:  standings.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  120.6 KB
Old 11-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #68
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
My team fell apart yesterday, and hasn't recovered yet. Thinking I may try and shake things up and try out a couple things before rosters are reset.
You are 12 games out of the wild card and 11 behind Lukas for the division, so it looks tough for this season. Maybe nothing to lose at this point.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #69
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You are 12 games out of the wild card and 11 behind Lukas for the division, so it looks tough for this season. Maybe nothing to lose at this point.
That's almost the way I'm leaning. This season is a loss, and there isn't much to lose. If rosters weren't getting reset I'd probably stick it out, but maybe it's time to see how much Willie Mays will fetch on the market.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:16 PM   #70
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
I spent $5 to beta-test the purchasing via Steam, but since I still have 15k PP I really have not spent a dime. Most of mine have been extremely lucky pulls (Mays, Kershaw, Carrasco, Snell) and I've done some shopping on the Auction House (Altuve, Pesky, etc) for other pieces. All of my diamonds are pitchers and my perfect is Mays. My best move was probably getting Pesky as he has stabilized SS for me and hit over .340 in his "career".

Here I am at 58-36 and 5.5 back! El_Gringo and Orcin have been kicking my butt and JeffR just split a 4 game series with me. This is crazy how close we all are. Hoping to get away from you all (at least a different division) next season.
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:49 PM   #71
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I still only have one diamond (Strasburg) and it's a 90. I have several gold cards though, most of which I bought at the AH.

I had two all-stars: David Cone, a silver starter that I am using in relief, and 2B Brendan Rodgers, a Future Legend. Rodgers was my starter pack gold card and he has been amazing for me in both seasons. It points out to me that you can't judge a card by its cover - you need to play them to know.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #72
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I still only have one diamond (Strasburg) and it's a 90. I have several gold cards though, most of which I bought at the AH.

I had two all-stars: David Cone, a silver starter that I am using in relief, and 2B Brendan Rodgers, a Future Legend. Rodgers was my starter pack gold card and he has been amazing for me in both seasons. It points out to me that you can't judge a card by its cover - you need to play them to know.

Rodgers has been good at 2B for me as well. also got him as a starter pack
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #73
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Well that was a close all-star game
Old 11-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #74
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Not surprising considering all the bots in the AC!
Old 11-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #75
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I pulled a 84 Robinson Cano as a duplicate and then sold him for 1000PP. The next pull was crappy with an Anthony Rizzo (83) and the rest junk.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #76
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
That would be my team (Nice)
Well Lukas, so far you're up two games to none in our 4-game series. Next sim promises to be an epic showdown, and shall henceforth be known as the 'Duel of the Dizzys Dean,' (it's like Attorneys General, right?) featuring your Dizzy Dean: Ascendant Ace vs. my Dizzy Dean: Career-Twilight Super-Control Remix. Promises to be a sold-out stadium in PT-world I'm sure!

Really hoping I can at least split the series with you, or else I'm going to be worried about the playoffs... Either way, really hoping the old quote about 'offense winning games, defense winning championships' applies to this... sport? That's an American Football coach's quote, right?

Edit: Well, your Dizzy did much better than mine (who left after 2.2 innings and 4 runs), but solid bullpen work and my Ohtani doing some clutch hitting (after losing the game from the prior sim as a pitcher) helped me somehow scrape a win We'll see what 'tomorrow' holds!

Last edited by el_gringo; 11-15-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:44 PM   #77
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Well that was a close all-star game
Featuring their starter Len Barker, as well as my Len Barker, who got the win for us, while Matt's Len Barker closed it out.

NC Central 1-4 is currently also 1-4 in the conference, and 1-3 and 5 in the league. We can potentially get 1-4 in the league if Gringo tanks his 3 remaining games to me tonight.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:37 AM   #78
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Lukas swept me in a three-game series to end the day. It’s Friday so we must be playing August today.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #79
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Just noticed that my Pythagorean record for the year is much more robust at 73-36 as compared to my real record of 66-43. That's by far the largest differential in the league, at least among the forum teams.

Really felt like I got pretty unlucky in a couple stretches this year, nice to get some independent "confirmation" of that.

Looks like Virginia, Bobble and Kelowna have been slightly unlucky and Portland and Trenton have been slightly lucky, compared to their Pythag records.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-16-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #80
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

This is pretty hilarious. Our pythagorean has up one game apart and I should be leading the division!

Why did Matt's team decide to get hot now and take the first 3 of the series on me, including a 1-0 win over Kershaw in the last game? Grrrrrr...