Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
Spartan68
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question...

I have loved Ootp for many many years, but I have one question. Has the trading interface been looked at for the new version? In all the previous version including 2018, its just way to easy to trade for draft picks and very good players. You can get any pick for a 2nd and a 5th plus a junk filler guy in the minors. I believe there should be better AI involving trades. I have an example on a game thats done the trading interface perfectly, and that is Front Office Football, it makes me mad that the AI is so smart and values 1st rounders so high but it makes the game much more enjoyable.
Spartan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:47 PM   #2
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

What are your Trade Settings?
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:41 AM   #3
Spartan68
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I usually put them at hard and have them favor prospects.
Spartan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Is that the hardest setting (I can't recall). If so, then I use the same settings.

Note, I also use the 20-80 scale, and no "Stars". I think it takes away some of that artificial advantage that the Stars and 10 to 90/100 scale give the player, so it impacts trades.

With the hardest trade setting, favor prospects, 20-80 scale and no "Stars", I have found that it's tougher overall to ID the better players and more challenging overall to trade.

Also, I have noticed that the Trade AI seems to be improving overall. I figure that 19 will be a bit better.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Also, I have noticed that the Trade AI seems to be improving overall. I figure that 19 will be a bit better.
For sure. We actually work quite a bit on the ai every year, it's not just something we put on the feature list to make it sound pretty

So while at times it can be a little hard to see the improvement year to year, if you go back a few years and compare that to the current game, I think the improvement is pretty noticeable.

So for sure we'll keep working on the ai every year. It's the never ending project!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

the trading ai needs way more than tweaking, imho
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:03 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer