Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-11-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM3 Maintenance Update, Version 3.0.74, Now Available!

A maintenance update for Franchise Hockey Manager 3, version 3.0.74, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

This isn't a full-scale update, we wanted to get another one out quickly to address some of the crashing issues people were experiencing, and get the Steam workshop operating correctly. So, this one is a little light on other changes - we've changed a few things and begun work on adjusting things like trading AI, but we're still in the middle of that process now, so there'll be much more coming.

Important note: if you have a save where a Finnish league and/or Asia League Ice Hockey are set to playable, but the KHL isn't, you'll need to start a new game; the crash caused by this configuration can't be fixed in games that were created before this update (new games will work fine, the problematic combination of active leagues will be unselectable.)

Change List:

Crashing/Freezing:
-crash during game creation ("Sim to start date") in Path to Glory mode fixed
-crash when closing games on a Mac fixed
-attempting to look at a scouting Report with no scouts employed will no longer lead to a crash
-Season Summary screen popup will no longer become unclosable in some circumstances
-crash when looking at player game-by-game screen for certain players is fixed
-crash during last pick of NHL entry draft fixed

Graphical/Text/UI:
-Tactics, Ingame Tactics, Discipline, Motivation and Self-preservation attributes for staff are now editable in commissioner mode
-leagues who have alternates names/abbreviations in their history now get the proper abbreviation shown in player histories for that year (had been showing "NHL" or the current version of the abbreviation)
-playoff history screen should now display correclty
-Suomi-sarja - II-divisioona relegation now shows round-robin table instead of playoff tree
-the sort order on the News Subscription settings is now alphabetical by abbreviation to reduce the confusion over Allsvenskan ("ALL") looking like a setting to choose all reports, since it was listed first.
-various grammar, spelling, and formatting corrections
-0-game "seasons" for players no longer listed in player history page (they're just there as an internal mechanism for historical mode)

Gameplay Issues:
-2015-16 added to historical start year options
-NHL Restricted Free Agent compensation levels updated to reflect 2016 salary tiers
-required roles for Wedge PK tactic adjusted
-home advantage in NHL playoffs should now be awarded correctly
-Czech ELH PrePlayoffs and seeding in normal playoffs fixed
-news subscriptions are now updated automatically when user takes a new job (subscriptions for new league are added)
-control setting for ECHL teams in a modern sandbox game where user is running an NHL team will no longer revert back to non-controlled status
-user playing as GM/HC will no longer lose control of line changes if they hire a coach who then retires
-some adjustments made to AI trading: there should be a few more trades for quality forwards and defencemen (although not as many as I'd hoped, something's still not right there), and there are now stricter restrictions on accepting "bad" exchanges in AI-AI deals. Far from done with AI trading changes right now, this is just a start.
-AI will now be much more reluctant to trade high first-round draft picks to a human player - it can be done, but requires a heavy price for the AI to even consider it
-training setup will no longer fail under some conditions when training is set to assistant in PtG mode, leading to no one getting training bonuses

Miscellaneous:
-Steam Workshop should now install mods correctly (no more error message when install button is pressed unless there actually is something wrong with the installation directory structure)
-playable league selection will now force loading of leagues that contain parent teams of leagues already set to playable
(Edit - historical NHL logos weren't in yet, still waiting for NHL approval there, we had to fix a couple of small problems and resubmit them.)

Last edited by JeffR; 11-12-2016 at 05:34 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like there's a bit of a hiccup with the Steam servers at the moment, just waiting to get our connection back right now so Malte can activate the update there.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
-historical NHL logos added (a few defunct teams are missing logos, and some logo versions, e.g. the Islander fisherman, aren't there; we were limited to what the NHL had available)
Sounds like the NHL has realized that was a horrible/awful looking logo that shouldn't have ever existed! HaHa
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Are there any fixes/updates to player development?
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #5
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I'm still not able to select a different database to start with, besides opening day. Even with a quickstart created. Was there any reason found for why this is yet? I wanted to test and make sure my quickstart works before I uploaded it for people to use.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand View Post
Are there any fixes/updates to player development?
Not yet, not enough time to do proper testing and adjustments with everything else that needed to be done first. Probably going to start with some smaller things next week.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I'm still not able to select a different database to start with, besides opening day. Even with a quickstart created. Was there any reason found for why this is yet? I wanted to test and make sure my quickstart works before I uploaded it for people to use.
I don't think it's been looked at yet.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #8
tylerjlc
Bat Boy

The trade logic for high 1st round picks--it seems too difficult to get anything in the top 10. I had to offer 4 top players and the #1 overall to get #6.

AI trading seems improved otherwise.
tylerjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
Charlatan1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ryan Bourque is a free agent, he plays for Hershey.

Eliteprospects.com - Ryan Bourque
Charlatan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:37 AM   #10
Duranium
All Star Starter

Workshop - same as before
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:40 AM   #11
Duranium
All Star Starter

face gen auto-importing is still 50/50, definetly not working as it should.

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 11-12-2016, 03:17 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Workshop - same as before
Check your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\465660 directory; there'll be several numbered subdirectories, one of which will be for your mod. Are the files present there after you subscribe and download?
Old 11-12-2016, 03:19 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
face gen auto-importing is still 50/50, definetly not working as it should.
What exactly is happening?
Old 11-12-2016, 04:45 AM   #14
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
What exactly is happening?
tbh I don´t know how to explain it exactly - some do auto-load, some ain´t

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 11-12-2016, 04:49 AM   #15
redsea
Bat Boy

Quote:
-AI will now be much more reluctant to trade high first-round draft picks to a human player - it can be done, but requires a heavy price for the AI to even consider it
ty for this
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:52 AM   #16
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Check your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\465660 directory; there'll be several numbered subdirectories, one of which will be for your mod. Are the files present there after you subscribe and download?
yes, they are present there but not in the ...documents/etc.... folder
Attached Images
Image Image 

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 11-12-2016, 05:29 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
yes, they are present there but not in the ...documents/etc.... folder
In the startup screen at the right, you don't have the official logos that were added in 3.0.74 - can you check the version number on the start screen to make sure it's updated?

Edit: Never mind, apparently we're waiting on NHL approval and that didn't get added yet. Trying to figure out what's wrong, installs to the opening day quickstart work OK, wondering if it's a problem with the historical folder right now.

Edit again: Nope, that's not it, I just tested a mod that went into Historical.quick and it worked fine. But I think I see the problem: when you choose the path, you need to choose the folder containing \custdata, not go all the way down, i.e. just to /FHM3Proj.

Last edited by JeffR; 11-12-2016 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #18
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
But I think I see the problem: when you choose the path, you need to choose the folder containing \custdata, not go all the way down, i.e. just to /FHM3Proj.
you were right, after editing the path it worked - unfortunately i can´t see the pack in the workshop after changing the visibility status to public - can you see it on your side?

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 11-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #19
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
you were right, after editing the path it worked - unfortunately i can´t see the pack in the workshop after changing the visibility status to public - can you see it on your side?
That problem should be fixed in build #74.
You might need to restart Steam (restart Windows to be sure)
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:31 AM   #20
colinrsmall
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm curious, but has the expansion draft lack of pickable players been fixed? I haven't seen it in any patch notes yet so I assume not.
colinrsmall is offline   Reply With Quote