Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
thatguychap
Minors (Single A)

Facegen

Will facegen automatically update when a players picture is added to the facegen folder or will you have to manually update them like last year? If so, will that be able to be modded in through steam works.
thatguychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguychap View Post
Will facegen automatically update when a players picture is added to the facegen folder or will you have to manually update them like last year? If so, will that be able to be modded in through steam works.
Right now it is like in FHM 2. We hope to have a mass-load ready by release but I can´t promise it.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
thatguychap
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Right now it is like in FHM 2. We hope to have a mass-load ready by release but I can´t promise it.
In that case I am happy you guys pushed the release date back. I'd love to have this feature in makes the game just that much more realistic.
thatguychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
Chomps
Major Leagues

Can someone please explain the process for downloading and installing the FaceGen files?

Thank you.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Can someone please explain the process for downloading and installing the FaceGen files?

Thank you.
Well, you have to find them on our mods section or wherever then download and unzip them to the fg_files folder.

Then you go in game, go to Setup/Options and click the enable facegen button on the middle left.

Then pick the player you want to load a face for, then go to the PICTURE menu on the top right of the player screen. Then select 'Import PhotoFit File' and the facegen will load.

As of now you have to do this manually for each player you want to add a face for.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #6
Pommpie
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Good news, hopefully. (I'm only replying to give another this-feature-is-important-to-some-of-us data point!)
Pommpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #7
Chomps
Major Leagues

Guys,

FaceGen pictures are not showing up in my game. I imported FaceGen files that I used in FHM2, and put them in the Graphics folder of my Saved Game.

When I click on a Player, no FaceGen pic is visible. When I click on the Picture button, the option to Import Photofit (Facegen) file is grayed out. Regenerate Same Picture, and New Fictional Picture are grayed out also.

This post should probably be moved to the Beta Forum.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Guys,

FaceGen pictures are not showing up in my game. I imported FaceGen files that I used in FHM2, and put them in the Graphics folder of my Saved Game.

When I click on a Player, no FaceGen pic is visible. When I click on the Picture button, the option to Import Photofit (Facegen) file is grayed out. Regenerate Same Picture, and New Fictional Picture are grayed out also.

This post should probably be moved to the Beta Forum.
Sounds like you need to enable facegen in game.

Go to settings, then facegen and make sure the enable facegen button is checked.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #9
Chomps
Major Leagues

FaceGen is enabled within the Game.

The files that I am trying to use are *.fg files. Shouldn't these be placed in the Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > fg_files folder?

The files that go into the Quickstart and in the Saved Game should be *.png files correct?

Once again, this is a PITA!!! I wish you guys would make a sticky Thread with specific and exact instructions in how to get FaceGen, Logos, Jersey's etc into the Game. Also please provide accurate download links.

This is such a hassle trying to get good graphics in the Game. Your customers don't want to spend hours screwing around with this stuff!!!! Thank you.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:37 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
FaceGen is enabled within the Game.

The files that I am trying to use are *.fg files. Shouldn't these be placed in the Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > fg_files folder?

The files that go into the Quickstart and in the Saved Game should be *.png files correct?

Once again, this is a PITA!!! I wish you guys would make a sticky Thread with specific and exact instructions in how to get FaceGen, Logos, Jersey's etc into the Game. Also please provide accurate download links.

This is such a hassle trying to get good graphics in the Game. Your customers don't want to spend hours screwing around with this stuff!!!! Thank you.
Well we can't provide accurate download links. The mods are all user made, we can't provide them ourselves due to licensing issues. All of that is left up to whoever makes the files, it's nothing to do with us.

That being said, if the options are greyed out and the game doesn't auto generate any faces like you mentioned a few posts back, then something must be off because those are signs of facegen not being enabled. You won't be able to manually load the .fg files if facegen's off which is what it really sounds like is happening.

As far as how to do this, here's some specific instructions on getting the logos and unis loaded in game:

Go to your main FHM folder and find the 'quickstart_games' You'll see 4 more folders there. Open the one that represents the game type you want to play.

So for Path To Glory with Opening Day rosters, you'd select 'OpeningDay.quick'

Open that folder, then open the 'graphics' folder.

Then copy the unis, helmets and logos into their respective folders.

You can do this same step in each of the four folders in the quickstart games folder (f.e. for historical games get a historical logo/uni pack and install it in the folder) and then the custom graphics will automatically show up anytime you start a new game.

If you want them to show up in a game you already started then you'll have to go to the saved_games folder and open you saved game. Then follow the same instructions as above. Open the graphics folder and then copy each graphic type into it's specified folder.

Hope that helps. If it's unclear or your need more info, just let me know and I'll do what I can.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I missed this question. Yes they should be placed there, but as mentioned earlier in the thread auto-load doesn't work, so at this point it doesn't really matter where you place them, you'll still have to manually load them and you can do that from any folder.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #12
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I missed this question. Yes they should be placed there, but as mentioned earlier in the thread auto-load doesn't work, so at this point it doesn't really matter where you place them, you'll still have to manually load them and you can do that from any folder.
So if we have .fg files for around 200+ players or so... we need to do each one individually?...

Wow.. hopefully this gets automated soon.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
So if we have .fg files for around 200+ players or so... we need to do each one individually?...

Wow.. hopefully this gets automated soon.
It should be automated as of the next build

Old 10-19-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
Chomps
Major Leagues

Quote:
Sounds like you need to enable facegen in game.

Go to settings, then facegen and make sure the enable facegen button is checked.
You are correct, I didn't realize that there were 2 locations that need to be set.

Here is what I did to get FaceGen working and good graphics in my game:

1. From the FHM3 Start Screen click on the Settings Tab, then click on the Facegen tab, then make sure the Enable Facegen box is checked. I also chose Shader Mode and Default Rendering.

2. Start a new game or continue a saved game. Within your game under the Game Tab, choose Setup/Options. Then make sure the Enable Facegen box is checked.

3. Exit and restart FHM3. You should now be all set. Facegen images will now show up when you click on a player.

4. In order to get team logos, league logos, players, helmets etc... into the game. I downloaded the following Quickstart from FHM2:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...egen-pics.html

5. I extracted the Quickstart game and then navigated through the various folders until I found the logos, players, helmets, etc... which I then copied into the following locations in my FHM3 saved game:

For Windows Users, navigate the Folder Struture as follows:

Documents>Out of the Park Developments>Franchise Hockey Manager 3>saved_games>"Your game name".lg folder>graphics>player_pics etc...

This will get your new FHM3 game looking good.

Last edited by Chomps; 10-19-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #15
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Followed your steps & still can't get .fg to show up, it's still grey out.

Quote:
You are correct, I didn't realize that there were 2 locations that need to be set.

Here is what I did to get FaceGen working and good graphics in my game:

1. From the FHM3 Start Screen click on the Settings Tab, then click on the Facegen tab, then make sure the Enable Facegen box is checked. I also chose Shader Mode and Default Rendering.

2. Start a new game or continue a saved game. Within your game under the Game Tab, choose Setup/Options. Then make sure the Enable Facegen box is checked.

3. Exit and restart FHM3. You should now be all set. Facegen images will now show up when you click on a player.

4. In order to get team logos, league logos, players, helmets etc... into the game. I downloaded the following Quickstart from FHM2:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...egen-pics.html

5. I extracted the Quickstart game and then navigated through the various folders until I found the logos, players, helmets, etc... which I then copied into the following locations in my FHM3 saved game:

For Windows Users, navigate the Folder Struture as follows:

Documents>Out of the Park Developments>Franchise Hockey Manager 3>saved_games>"Your game name".lg folder>graphics>player_pics etc...

This will get your new FHM3 game looking good.
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Followed your steps & still can't get .fg to show up, it's still grey out.
Hmm, it should work if you've gone through those steps.

Can you re-do them in case you missed one, or have you done that already?

Has anyone else gone through all these steps and still have facegen not working?

Old 10-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #17
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Did it couple time to make sure.

Quote:
Hmm, it should work if you've gone through those steps.

Can you re-do them in case you missed one, or have you done that already?

Has anyone else gone through all these steps and still have facegen not working?
Old 10-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #18
Rayzor
All Star Starter

This is what I have enable. All my .fg, Jersey's & Helmets are from FHM 2 and in the right folders.

Frist the Game Settings
Name:  Game Settings.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  141.7 KB
Then the in-game Facegen settings
Name:  Game Facegen.png
Views: 1101
Size:  326.9 KB
EXIT & RE-START GAME
Picked a player, and can't import .fg it's grey out
Name:  Anderson.png
Views: 1064
Size:  248.6 KB
Old 10-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #19
iggyhood
Minors (Single A)

Having exactly the same problem ...been bugging me since launch...all facegen boxes are ticked but still nothing generates

Am used to using facegen in OOTP and works fine on same laptop
iggyhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #20
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Is it possible that it got disabled on startup because you don´t have a high enough OprnGL version? Please start the game and post the trace file, then we can take a look.