Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

Very Longtime Historical(ish) League has openings

Full League Name (Initials): RLPA Reboot
Main URL: RLPA - Home
Reports URL: BNN Home Page
Boards URL: Replacement Level Players Association ? Index page
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): Anthony Giacalone (anthonygiacalone) or Mark Wiffen (wiffen)
Email Address: giacalone.anthony@gmail.com
OOTP Version: 16 (we will convert to OOTP 17 at the end of August)
Game Needed: yes
Players: historical
# of Teams: 28
Export Deadlines Days And Times: MWF 5 pm ET
League Time Per Sim: 10 days
First Season: 1985
Latest Season: 2010
Special Rules & Settings: no personnel or scouting, soft cap of $80 million, bankruptcy rule, three-year extension max, no minor league extensions, draft eligible players are a combination of current players and players from 100 years ago
Currently Available Teams:
Cleveland Indians
Milwaukee Brewers
New York Mets
Oakland Athletics
San Diego PadresSan Francisco Giants
Toronto Blue Jays

One of the OOTP community's longer running leagues (since 2004), The RLPA has a few openings for its 2004 season. RLPA is in it's 11th year simming after starting with a group of associates brought together at Baseball Think Factory. Our website and forum is located at RLPA - Home

RLPA Reboot, an historical league, was based on the model of our highly successful RLPA Classic league. The Reboot started with the 1985 season and contains 28 real-life teams. We do not use managers, personnel or scouting. We manually create each new draftee to make sure that the ratings are all realistic when each player enters the league. Additionally, each draft pool considers MLEs to make draftees as realistic as possible. We have not altered the game-generated personality or injury ratings. Also, the league will have the normal average rating of 100 for talent changes, which has introduced that great element of chance so that some great players have failed miserably while others have become stars.

Our finances are not historically accurate. Our tradition (through 40 simmed years of RLPA) has been to have a soft-cap set at $80 million dollars. All our markets are of equal size, so there is not an inherent advantage to being in New York as opposed to Cincinnati.

Finally, to compensate for a dwindling draft pool as we move into the 2010s, we've added all significant players from one hundred years ago to the talent pool. So, our draft classes consist of any remaining real life drafted players, plus players who began their careers one hundred years ago. All early-20th century players will have their statistics adjusted to jive with modern times (so old-timers will hit for a lesser average and steal less bases but will hit for more power, while pitchers will give up more homers but strike out many more batters). For example, the two MVPs were both old timers, but Zack Wheat hit .318/.383/.584, while Sam Crawford hit .357/.421/.685. Ty Cobb hit 29 homers. Tris Speaker has hit 40 homers over the last two years.

You can take a look at our website at RLPA - Home

We think that you will really enjoy our community.
Hope to hear from you or see you on the RLPA forums,

Anthony Giacalone
giacalone.anthony@gmail.com
Commissioner, RLPA Reboot
Commissioner, The Antiquity League

Last edited by AnthonyGiacalone; 06-29-2016 at 07:27 PM.
AnthonyGiacalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

Hi,

I've been a bit remiss in filling our vacancies over the last couple of seasons so we currently have SIX openings. The good news is that I've not let the vacant teams get run into the ground. All six have things going for them.

Cleveland - record: 79-83, minor league system: 18th (Josh Donaldson)

Milwaukee - record: 72-90, minor league system: 11th (Colby Rasmus, Lucas Duda)

New York (N) - record: 76-86, minor league system: 16th (Kaz Yoshimi)

San Francisco - record: 63-99, minor league system: 28th

Texas - record: 82-80, minor league system: 6th (Jose Quintana, Greg Holland, Juan Francisco), Stan Coveleski, Brendan Ryan)

Toronto - record: 78-84, minor league system: 7th (Starlin Castro, Lefty Tyler, David Price)

Pay us a visit and drop us a line. You'll be glad that you did.

Anthony Giacalone
giacalone.anthony@gmail.com
Commissioner, RLPA Reboot
Commissioner, The Antiquity League
Old 02-26-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

We currently have six ownerless teams, but since we've recently had a surge in interest (to compensate for my terrible recruiting skills), I've decided to update what we are looking for. First, the good news is that I've not let any of our vacant teams get run into the ground. All six have things going for them.

Cleveland - Current W%: .438; Minors: 6th (Tillie Walker, Josh Donaldson)

Milwaukee - Current W%: .610 (leading ALWC); Minors: 1st (Bobby Veach, Colby Rasmus, Lucas Duda, Wilmer Font, Trevor Rosenthal, Sean Doolittle)

Oakland - Current W%: .543 (1 GB in ALW); Minors: 12th (Hank Gowdy, Tillie Shafer, Brandon Allen, Wilin Rosario, Dee Gordon, Nick Vincent)

San Francisco - Current W%: .410; Minors: 17th (Ping Bodie, John Hummel, Brandon Roberts, Drew Storen, Tommy Hunter, Carl Weilman, Lorenzo Cain, Bill Bailey, Elmer Steele)

Texas - Current W%: .448 (54-51 pythag); Minors: 13th (Jose Quintana, Greg Holland, Juan Francisco), Stan Coveleski, Brendan Ryan, Vin Campbell, Wade Davis)

Toronto - Current W%: .47-58 (54-51 pythag); Minors: 10th (Paul Goldschmidt, J.D. Martinez, Scott Sizemore, Chick Gandil, Craig Kimbrel, Hector Noesi, Starlin Castro, Lefty Tyler, David Price, Chris Heisey, Antonio Bastardo, Yusmeiro Petit)

Old 02-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

I'd be willing to take the blue jays if they are still open
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #5
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonzimmie View Post
I'd be willing to take the blue jays if they are still open
First come, first served.

If you could send me a note at giacalone.anthony@gmail.com
or go to the rlpa.org website and fill out a "new manager application," I'll get you set up.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:12 PM   #6
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

ok I will do that as soon as my CNA leaves between 9:30 & 10 pm cst ok
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #7
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

We are currently just starting our final season with OOTP 16 and will be switching to OOTP 17 by September (which is good for those of you that want to wait to get OOTP 17 at a discounted price).

We have a few ownerless teams, but since we've recently had a surge in interest (to compensate for my terrible recruiting skills), I've decided to update what we are looking for.

The good news is that I've not let any of our vacant teams get run into the ground. All six have things going for them. As you can see, most of them have very good farm systems and/or have successful teams.

Cleveland - Rebuilding team with a great minor league system
W% for last 3 seasons: .401, .395. .414;
Minors: 3rd (Matt Harvey, Sam Runion, Jenrry Mejia, Tillie Walker, Daniel Hudson, Tyson ross, Ray Fisher, Josmil Pinto, Red Smith, Erasmo Ramirez, Urban Shocker). Drafting 4th in 2011.

Milwaukee - Terrific team in their prime, defending World Champs
W% for last 3 seasons: .432, .642 (ALE champs), .626 (WS Champs);
Minors: 16th (Bobby Veach, Trevor Rosenthal, Sean Doolittle, Wilmer Font, Everth Cabrera, Brian Matusz, A.J. Ramos, Lancy Lynn, Corey Dickerson, Dolf Luque). Drafting 28th in 2011.

New York (N) - Younger team with some potential in weaker division
W% for last 3 seasons: ..333, .444, .370;
Minors: 10th (Jordan Walden, Cy Williams, Heinie Zimmerman, Tyler Herron, Donie Bush, Christian Yelich, Benny Kauff, Steve Johnson, Rube Marquard, Hooks Dauss). Drafting 2nd in 2011.

Oakland - A lot of younger pieces, needs a little trading to make a run
W% for last 3 seasons: .568, .519, .444;
Minors: 9th (Shoeless Joe Jackson, Nick Vincent, Hank Gowdy, Wilin Rosario, Dee Gordon, Rafael Almaeida, Jesse Hahn, John L. Sullivan, Tillie Shafer, Casey Stengel). Drafting 6th in 2011.

San Diego - Rebuilding team in a tough division.
W% for last 3 seasons: .574 (NLW champs), .469, .451;
Minors: 26th (Brad Boxberger, Corey Gearrin, Wilson Ramos, Justin Wilson, Danny Farquhar, Andrelton Simmons, Max Carey, Dave Danforth). Drafting 7th in 2011.

San Francisco - Young, rising team in a tough division.
W% for last 3 seasons: .506, .438, .488;
Minors: 2nd (Ken Williams, Jacob deGrom, Ping Bodie, Beals Becker, Bob Shawkey, Drew Storen, Lorenzo Cin, Neil Ramirez, Carl Weilman, Tommy Hunter, Matt Shoemaker). Drafting 11th in 2011.

Toronto - Up-and-coming team in a weaker division
W% for last 3 seasons: ..358, .519, .512 (ALE Champs);
Minors: 15th (Paul Goldschmidt, J.D. Martinez, Salvador Perez, Lefty Tyler, Starlin Castro, Lonnie Chisenhall, Hector Noesi). Drafting 15th in 2011.