Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM for Macs Now Available

The Mac version of Franchise Hockey Manager Beta is now available for download! As with PC FHM, pre-ordering now for US$29.99 will get you the release version in September, as well as immediate access to the pre-release version of the game (which we'll be making regular improvements to between now and September.) For a more detailed explanation of what the beta version looks like now, see the "What to Expect" thread as well as all the discussion that's been going on in the forum since the PC release in March.

You can download the installation file at http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fh...rInstaller.dmg and make the purchase via the in-game button after installing. Note that the confirmation e-mail you get will specify that it's the PC version - don't worry, that's just because we're not able to change that text until Monday when the web store gets updated (which is also why we're limiting news of the Mac release to the forum for the next few days - the web store, where we'd normally link people to in a news release, will only mention the PC version until Monday.) We didn't want to hold up the whole release for four days just for the sake of one line of text.

If you've already purchased the PC version and want to play on a Mac, you can - your license number will work with the Mac version, just download it, install, and enter the number you were emailed in your initial purchase (although you're still limited to having the game installed on two computers total, regardless of type.)

Mac System Requirements: at least Mac OS X 10.5, 512MB RAM, screen resolution of 1024x768 or larger. An active Internet connection is preferred, as it is used to license the game; however, it is possible to play FHM with no Internet connection.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The Mac version of Franchise Hockey Manager Beta is now available for download! As with PC FHM, pre-ordering now for US$29.99 will get you the release version in September, as well as immediate access to the pre-release version of the game (which we'll be making regular improvements to between now and September.) For a more detailed explanation of what the beta version looks like now, see the "What to Expect" thread as well as all the discussion that's been going on in the forum since the PC release in March.

You can download the installation file at http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fh...rInstaller.dmg and make the purchase via the in-game button after installing. Note that the confirmation e-mail you get will specify that it's the PC version - don't worry, that's just because we're not able to change that text until Monday when the web store gets updated (which is also why we're limiting news of the Mac release to the forum for the next few days - the web store, where we'd normally link people to in a news release, will only mention the PC version until Monday.) We didn't want to hold up the whole release for four days just for the sake of one line of text.

If you've already purchased the PC version and want to play on a Mac, you can - your license number will work with the Mac version, just download it, install, and enter the number you were emailed in your initial purchase (although you're still limited to having the game installed on two computers total, regardless of type.)

Mac System Requirements: at least Mac OS X 10.5, 512MB RAM, screen resolution of 1024x768 or larger. An active Internet connection is preferred, as it is used to license the game; however, it is possible to play FHM with no Internet connection.

WOHOOOOO YESSS!!!

Perfect timing!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Wohooo!!!! YESS!!!!

Perfect timing!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
flannigan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can I get some help, I'm new to Mac. I've downloaded everything but when I attempt to install it it says the following:

"fhm" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

Is there a way to turn these preferences off?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
sjam613
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannigan View Post
Can I get some help, I'm new to Mac. I've downloaded everything but when I attempt to install it it says the following:

"fhm" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

Is there a way to turn these preferences off?
You need to go to your system preferences>Security & Privacy>Unlock the lock at the bottom>Change Allow Applications to "Anywhere">Run the game

If you want to keep your previous settings, it will load up fine after the first time you play it. Only thing is you will have to do these steps for each patch you install.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
flannigan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you for the quick response! Let's get this party started!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Anyone tried the add on packs for logo's or facepacks?
Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
h3ilp3rn
Bat Boy

Exclamation

I keep getting an error, when I enter my serial #, that says: "The game could not be activated, please try again in a few minutes."

I've tried repeatedly, and keep getting that error. This is one of two machines I've installed a copy of FHM on.

Thoughts?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ilp3rn View Post
I keep getting an error, when I enter my serial #, that says: "The game could not be activated, please try again in a few minutes."

I've tried repeatedly, and keep getting that error. This is one of two machines I've installed a copy of FHM on.

Thoughts?
We've had a couple of reports of people having problems making the Mac version their second install, and we're checking into it right now. Could you go to your Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2014/Data folder, open crash_report.txt and post the text in it here? That'll let us know if it's the same issue as the others or something else entirely.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
h3ilp3rn
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We've had a couple of reports of people having problems making the Mac version their second install, and we're checking into it right now. Could you go to your Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2014/Data folder, open crash_report.txt and post the text in it here? That'll let us know if it's the same issue as the others or something else entirely.
Startup - Something went wrong!
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_InstallEngineFromPath returned 0x000007D0 (SDK_LATEST_ENGINE_ALREADY_INSTALLED)
Startup - Not good!
Startup - Start finished, load Startscreen!
Startup - Startscreen begin!
Startup - Start process successfull!
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_InstallEngineFromPath returned 0x000007D0 (SDK_LATEST_ENGINE_ALREADY_INSTALLED)
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ActivateSerialNumber returned 0xFFFF9E53 (Unknown eSellerate result code)
Old 05-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ilp3rn View Post
Startup - Not good!
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ActivateSerialNumber returned 0xFFFF9E53 (Unknown eSellerate result code)
Yeah, that's the same as the others. I'm waiting for an answer from Andreas about it right now.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
silentsim
Bat Boy

Any word on this
Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
clockity
Bat Boy

I am getting the same error:

Activation Error
The game could not be activated, please try again in a few minutes

The error in the crash report file is:

Startup - Not good!
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_Purchase returned 0xFFFFE88E (ENGINE_PURCHASE_NOTSUCCESSFUL)

My serial number works on the Windows version of the game, that is installed under Bootcamp on the same MacBook Pro. Any ideas or updates on what is causing these issues with activating serial numbers on Macs?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Do you have software like LittleSnitch or Hands Off running at your Mac to block incoming network-connections from other software ?

Or what about virus-scanners for Mac. I see people install those *** apps for no reasons at all.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
clockity
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
Do you have software like LittleSnitch or Hands Off running at your Mac to block incoming network-connections from other software ?

Or what about virus-scanners for Mac. I see people install those *** apps for no reasons at all.
Nope, it's a vanilla Mountain Lion install with Photoshop and Lightroom on it. Neither LittleSnatch, Hands Off or any virus scanners are installed in the Mac. I also tried turning off the firewall but still it comes up with the same error.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
kallinan
Bat Boy

Any word on Mac registration issues? I'd be willing to pre-order/beta test it, but I need to know I can actually activate it first.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Mine activated fine.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #18
Pwal
All Star Starter

Hi guys,

I just bought an iMac and I get that same activation error message. I didn't have any problems activating the game on my PC. Has this issue been solved yet?

Thanks!

J-F