Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 04-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulean View Post
No. Intelligent, thoughtful minds will find it disgusting, crude, and ugly. But the ignorant will revel in it as the dumb rednecks without any self-worth piss all over the league and themselves.
When I read any of your comments, all I can think about is Tom Buchanon.
msupoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #22
thulean
Banned

[snipped for Trolling and Posting Deliberately Insulting Content]

Last edited by kq76; 04-09-2011 at 03:14 AM.
thulean is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
msupoke
All Star Reserve

OK. Give my love to Myrtle, please.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #24
thulean
Banned

To sum it all up, if youre a [snip], then this league is going to be for you. If youre a more enlightened individual, then the league probably wont appeal to you. Thats the best way I can sum it up.

If youre a [snip], then youll fit right in in this league.

Last edited by kq76; 04-09-2011 at 03:10 AM.
thulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
I am still learning the game, but this made me want to join. Unfortunately, I would not be very good at the game part. I would kill on the forums, though. Can I get forum access for the banter?

Yay!

gillis27@gmail.com
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #26
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormV View Post
I was in the league from the start and only resigned recently due to time constraints. During my whole time as a manager I never had any issues with the way the league was run and what went on in the forums.

Actually I kind of miss my team.
I really miss you Norm.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #27
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Our league does feature PotatoPeeler, which is why I titled the thread, for big boys and tough girls. Those who cannot handle the big cheese, should just keep moving on.

For what it's worth, thulean who had 14 open spots on his 40 man roster, got pissy when someone took one of his guys in the rule 5 draft.

Then he proceeded to piss in his own Cheerios, flaming the whole league, and exploded right into our newly built CBU argument Hall Of Fame. It will be opening soon!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #28
thulean
Banned

[snip]

Last edited by kq76; 04-09-2011 at 03:09 AM.
thulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #29
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay View Post
I really miss you Norm.
Also this was not a gay joke.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #30
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
Can I get forum access for the banter?
yes
Old 04-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #31
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay View Post
Our league does feature PotatoPeeler, which is why I titled the thread, for big boys and tough girls. Those who cannot handle the big cheese, should just keep moving on.

For what it's worth, thulean who had 14 open spots on his 40 man roster, got pissy when someone took one of his guys in the rule 5 draft.

Then he proceeded to piss in his own Cheerios, flaming the whole league, and exploded right into our newly built CBU argument Hall Of Fame. It will be opening soon!
Yes, I am in this league and if you're not not careful, I will humiliate you... no, wait..., not you... me.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #32
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

Hmmm. Wonder if people around here remember who I am.

I fully endorse this league. Not once have I had any issues with anyone that I've worked or spoken with in play or in working out a deal. Don't let one rotten apple spoil the bunch. Great bunch of owners that care about their teams, speak up when something is awry, and are willing to make sure the league continues to have fresh story lines constantly.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #33
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulean View Post
Yeah it's typically american. Full of a bunch of fat, ignorant hillbillies. Have fun with that!
It seems like the league to join. Typically American = Better than everyone else.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #34
soundsradio
Minors (Single A)

Dear Mr. Thulean,

While I understand you may have painted a broadbrush characterizing The CBU as full of uneducated, redneck, filthy pigs, I have to disagree with you.

The rules were pretty clear, If they have a pound sign next to them, they are eligible for the Rule 5 Draft. A Rule 5 Draft Pool is also published in-game and that can list the players in your organization that are Rule V eligible. Its not as if you were between a rock and a hard place, you had more than 10 spots open on your roster with which to place the players you felt were valuable.
Instead, you left some prospects with very good potential open in the Rule V draft and proceeded to have a meltdown when somebody picked a player you failed to protect. You listed reasons for demanding the return of the player, called the owners who drafted them a whole bunch of negative names (It actually sounded pretty rednecky to me). Your reasons were fairly ridiculous. "The Rule V Draft is meant for players who are major-league ready!" "Violates the spirit of the rule!"

As I pointed out in the CBU forums, major league teams have ways of getting around the "Keep'em on the roster rule". Usually they DL them with a phantom injury. Emil Brown (Pirates) Manny Lee and Lou Thorton (Blue Jays) are two examples of players who were not ready for the majors but drafted anyways and kept on the roster. Brown was a 6th OF on a horrific team and Thorton and Lee could pinch-run, easier to keep on an AL team.

I worked in professional baseball for 18 years Mr. Thulean, and I can say that a major league team will steal anything that is not nailed down from another league team if they can and if they can pry it loose, its not nailed down. The reason you don't see it very often is that most major league teams don't do something like...ohhh I don't know... like leave top prospects unprotected?

I enjoy the CBU. The league has fewer vacancies than most leagues and fills them up quickly when they happen. The hitter v. pitcher is pretty balanced and the owners are pretty active. Plenty of writing, plenty of dealing, plenty of smack talk. In good humor, of course.

I highly recommend the league to any potential owners, but one word of warning: Don't put your team in Portland, OR. There's something in the water there.

Well, thanks for reading; this redneck has to go slop the pigs, git me sum edyimikation and tell the women to go bake something.

Play the game in windows, keep the 350 pg. game guide open as well. It will be easier to learn the game that way.
soundsradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #35
soundsradio
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Opinion View Post
Hmmm. Wonder if people around here remember who I am.

I fully endorse this league. Not once have I had any issues with anyone that I've worked or spoken with in play or in working out a deal. Don't let one rotten apple spoil the bunch. Great bunch of owners that care about their teams, speak up when something is awry, and are willing to make sure the league continues to have fresh story lines constantly.
You're that fat lazy Bush supporter aren't you?

Play the game in windows, keep the 350 pg. game guide open as well. It will be easier to learn the game that way.
soundsradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #36
msupoke
All Star Reserve

OK. I really want in. If there is a spot open, sign me up. I am a rookie to OOTP (still drafting for my first league), but I can learn. If you guys need another redneck, and you are patient with questions, I would love to take over an open team and supply the players with all sorts of illicit drugs and strippers until the entire franchise is a steamy pile of STDs. I will also throw in a little baseball to add to that part of the equation.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #37
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Hey don't attack MrO, he's sensitive.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #38
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #39
DCHepler25
All Star Starter

This is the kind of fun you can have everyday in the CBU!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #40
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHepler25 View Post
This is the kind of fun you can have everyday in the CBU!
(looks at the Pirates avatar) Well that explains why your team never wins.