Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 08-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

Question for historical simmers...

I was going to start a new historical league with OOTPX, however after learning of the two pitch issue with the database I'm not sure I want the headache of trying to add extra pitches to certain players every import year. So, are historical sims FUBARed right now? Does this issue effect a lot of players? Thanks guys...
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell
Dargone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargone View Post
? Does this issue effect a lot of players?
No.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to Spritze,I was able to add a detailed explanation into the bug report for this particular problem and send it to Markus,and thankfully,he confirmed through an email to me today that it has been fixed for the next patch(hooray!) As of now though,there are usually around 5 pitcher's per season who need to have a pitch added to their repertoires once they import into the game.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
As of now though,there are usually around 5 pitcher's per season who need to have a pitch added to their repertoires once they import into the game.
Never seen it in any of the 50s-60s leagues I've created. FWIW
Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Never seen it in any of the 50s-60s leagues I've created. FWIW
Well I can tell you it does exist and can be as high as 5-10 players in some seasons and some seasons there are none. It becomes more of a problem in the late 60s and beyond because there are more rookies importing as more expansion teams came into the league.
rwd59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #6
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Thanks to Spritze,I was able to add a detailed explanation into the bug report for this particular problem and send it to Markus,and thankfully,he confirmed through an email to me today that it has been fixed for the next patch(hooray!) As of now though,there are usually around 5 pitcher's per season who need to have a pitch added to their repertoires once they import into the game.
Is it both the 2 pitch and low stamina problem that has been fixed?
rwd59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd59 View Post
Well I can tell you it does exist
Didn't say it didn't. Just that, from my experience, it was not a reason to hold up playing a historical league.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Didn't say it didn't. Just that, from my experience, it was not a reason to hold up playing a historical league.
The reason your not seeing it in the 50's and early 60's is because of the way baseball was played then,relief pitchers were rarely used,and when they were,they tended to be relievers for their entire careers,or they started out as starters,couldn't hack it and became bullpen pitchers.In both of these scenarios,the problem wouldn't surface.It surfaces when a pitcher(Like Carlton) pitches out of the bullpen their first year in the league and then moves into the starting rotation sometime in the future(because for some reason,the game uses the player's first year only to determine their pitch repertoire rather than doing it on a yearly basis).Because of this,the further along into history you go,the bigger the problem becomes as more and more rookies start their careers in the 'pen.What I'll do is,I'll look at the 1976 rookie class,and post all of the pitchers who need pitches added to their repertoires to give you an idea of how many guys this is affecting.