Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #41
Tony M
Global Moderator

Are you running 1 or 2 sub-leagues? I think there might be an issue with that structure if you have 1 sub-league.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #42
muted79
All Star Reserve

I am running 4 leagues, each of 1 division or subleague and all 4 playoffs are completely independant.

Last edited by muted79; 08-24-2009 at 09:05 AM.
muted79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #43
muted79
All Star Reserve

I think I have a workaround in that I will run the team #1 in an exhibition series in round 1 so as 1 of the two teams gets carried through, then manually change it to team #1 if the other team wins
muted79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #44
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

When will you release v1.0.0.4?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 AM   #45
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
When will you release v1.0.0.4?
10.0.0.4 will be very soon as I have noticed that the structure of world.dat isn't as consistent as I thought, so a quick fix build will be needed to sort that out.

I'm awaiting some info on setting up default playoff schedules as if you end up with just two teams playing in a round and there's a team waiting in the byes then the utility doesn't set up a series correctly.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #46
Cras
Hall Of Famer

This is a fantastic tool. However, my last attempt to use it results in a crash. It crashes at the green box labeled 'retired'. Could this be corrupted data in my saved game?

EDIT:

After messing about, I found out that it is the faces.dat file that is causing problems. I took all the .dats from my main league and copied them into a new file, then replaced the .dats one by one. Is there a need for this utility to look at faces.dat? And does anyone know of a way to rebuild that file to get rid of any potential bugs. I am not sure what the problem is with my faces.dat
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!

Last edited by Cras; 08-28-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #47
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Would this allow for setting up playoffs between champions of different leagues?

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:51 AM   #48
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
This is a fantastic tool. However, my last attempt to use it results in a crash. It crashes at the green box labeled 'retired'. Could this be corrupted data in my saved game?

EDIT:

After messing about, I found out that it is the faces.dat file that is causing problems. I took all the .dats from my main league and copied them into a new file, then replaced the .dats one by one. Is there a need for this utility to look at faces.dat? And does anyone know of a way to rebuild that file to get rid of any potential bugs. I am not sure what the problem is with my faces.dat
faces.dat isn't yet used for writing back to, but there was a problem with world.dat as the end of the file wasn't a fixed format. That is fixed now, and the utility should update itself. Can you try it again please?
Old 08-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #49
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
faces.dat isn't yet used for writing back to, but there was a problem with world.dat as the end of the file wasn't a fixed format. That is fixed now, and the utility should update itself. Can you try it again please?
I tried it again and it is the same thing. There is something in my faces.dat file that is causing problems with the utility. Perhaps it has become too large? I have had this league running since 1876, and I am up to 1919 now.

After you confirmed what I suspected, that the faces.dat file is not really used, I swap it out with a smaller file from a dummy league I created a while ago, and the utility loads up just fine. I then just swap back the original when I start up the game.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #50
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
Would this allow for setting up playoffs between champions of different leagues?
This has already been covered in this thread, and the answer is that it can be done but it would not be recorded correctly in league history of one of the leagues. A more practical solution is to set up the leagues as sub-leagues under one umbrella, as I commonly do with the PCL and IL.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #51
jg2977
Hall Of Famer

This is great! I'm assuming that this won't work in OOTP9, so I guess I'll have to get OOTP 10!
jg2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #52
Neags23
All Star Starter

Fantastic utility. I just got a chance to use this, as I was waiting to setup my solo league until my scouting tracker was finished. I'm impressed with the capabilities of this.

The interface also feels really fluid. I like it.

It's definitely not completely intuitive on how to do some things, however. Some kind of documentation or a way to make it a more step by step process might help.

It is also a little tedious to have to close the game, load the utility, load the game, play a series, close the game, load the utility, and then reload the game. Of course, this isn't a limitation of the utility, but rather of OOTP.

I usually like to sim several years to get league history, and to try to setup byes for all the past years is going to be far too tedious. I'll just have to leave my byes to when I'm actually playing and not just simming history.

Thanks again for this. Something I've wanted in OOTP for a long, long time. Congrats on a great utility!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #53
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
This has already been covered in this thread, and the answer is that it can be done but it would not be recorded correctly in league history of one of the leagues. A more practical solution is to set up the leagues as sub-leagues under one umbrella, as I commonly do with the PCL and IL.
I realized I jumped the gun when I posted originally (getting ready for grad school was somewhat draining), but thanks for confirming anyway.

The one issue that I can think of (on painkillers, so my thought process is a little slurred) is that, when under one umbrella, league records may not be recorded "correctly" (league-specific). When my brain isn't as foggy, I may recall this one way or another.

Last edited by John C; 09-06-2009 at 12:15 AM.
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #54
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Fantastic utility. I just got a chance to use this, as I was waiting to setup my solo league until my scouting tracker was finished. I'm impressed with the capabilities of this.

The interface also feels really fluid. I like it.

It's definitely not completely intuitive on how to do some things, however. Some kind of documentation or a way to make it a more step by step process might help.

It is also a little tedious to have to close the game, load the utility, load the game, play a series, close the game, load the utility, and then reload the game. Of course, this isn't a limitation of the utility, but rather of OOTP.

I usually like to sim several years to get league history, and to try to setup byes for all the past years is going to be far too tedious. I'll just have to leave my byes to when I'm actually playing and not just simming history.

Thanks again for this. Something I've wanted in OOTP for a long, long time. Congrats on a great utility!
Thanks Neags. I know it's annoying with the having to constantly leave the game and switch back and forth - hopefully Markus will make the "Save on Quit" an option in XI and then you'll be able to leave the game open and click Load Game to refresh it.

Another annoyance is that Markus has allotted storage space in world.dat for a fully customised playoff setup so if only the game could use it, it would be made simpler to fill it in from the outset.

I'm looking at formulating an xml file that could be used to pre-populate the rounds whenever you load the editor, but that will require some more xml learning.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #55
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What if I wanted to set this year's Playoff Schedule could I do it in?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #56
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
What if I wanted to set this year's Playoff Schedule could I do it in?
Unfortunately, no. Since the AL Central tiebreaker was Tuesday, Wednesday is a required off-day in OOTP to prepare for the playoffs. You could, however, move each game to one day later.

EDIT: You do not need the utility to edit the dates of each game.

Last edited by bwburke94; 10-14-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #57
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

i love this utility and it has fixed my largest (and pretty much only) major problem with ootp. But it does not work with patch # 4. When patch #5 comes out later this week, will you update your program as well? I can't go without it! thanks
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #58
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK881 View Post
i love this utility and it has fixed my largest (and pretty much only) major problem with ootp. But it does not work with patch # 4. When patch #5 comes out later this week, will you update your program as well? I can't go without it! thanks
Yep.. Will do.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #59
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
Yep.. Will do.
That is great news. I really love this add-on, it is fantastic.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #60
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

thanks Tony M!
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote