Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #21
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post
BTW, I don't have recalc turned on. Not for individuals. I do have it set to adjust league totals for accuracy though.
I think I mentioned in one of your threads that I play with a mixed historical-league, and have recalc turned off, and have seen no problems. Moreover, I not sure what event or situation would trigger a mass change in ratings, with recalc turned off, unless you've uncovered a very rare bug, or you've got some problem with the game code on your own machine. The adjust league totals options would not be involved in causing this.

You could do some testing with a test league, to see if your problem is reproducible, and when it occurs (or if possibly it is a rating change that occurs over the course of a season). Depending on what you find out, there might be a basis for reporting something for the guys to look at. That's my best suggestion, other than to do a re-installation of your OOTP application.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #22
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post
There have been several posts about the problem, particularly the destruction of fielding ratings after a season, but so for I have seen none of those threads put into the "logged" area for some reason. It's a major problem. I can not continue with my historical/fictional league now.
So what did I log in post #6, the wrong thing? Or are you saying the thread itself needs to be moved?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #23
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
So what did I log in post #6, the wrong thing? Or are you saying the thread itself needs to be moved?
I think it means that there is no thread for this BZ in the "logged issues" forum in technical. I don't know who does that: Batiste, or Nutlaw, or Tony M, I suppose. But that doesn't have any impact on when Markus will get around to fixing the problem, only on people's ability to add comments on the problem. At least I think so.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #24
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Sorry, I was looking for it in the "logged issues" area. I didn't see the post #6.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #25
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to ask the obvious question

But is that option clicked where it will recalc base on position?

I had an issue with Buck Freeman 'losing' his 1B position since it went in and just changed him to RF because that is what he played in 1902

If thats clicked, it's looking,finding nothing and killing them...

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #26
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Carlton, thanks for bumping this. I had no idea this issue existed. I'm working on a fictional-historical project that this would severely impact.

Does anyone know if this issue ever got fixed?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #27
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Does anyone know if this issue ever got fixed?
The original BZ has been claimed fix and waiting verification. If someone can review for me a quick step-by-step to get the appropriate setting loaded, I'll be glad to check it out myself straightaway or I'll ask someone more into historicals to take a quick look.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #28
endgame
Hall Of Famer

^ nevermind

I remember swirling through post #3 the last time. It had the steps I need. I'll get at it again if no one else does before me. Thanks, though.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #29
SteveP

In the latest version of the patch (version 20), which is still being tested, this problem seems to be fixed.