Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2008, 03:02 AM   #81
CaptainObvious
Minors (Double A)

WBH is moving to OOTP9 next season, which starts in a few weeks.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #82
giornaliere
Major Leagues

As was mentioned above...we are converting to OOTP9 before the upcoming season which starts in about 10 days. We don't have any immediate openings but you are more than welcome to get on the wait list...just fill out this APPLICATION.
giornaliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #83
cgh3rd
Minors (Single A)

I put in my app. I only have OOTP9.

Chuck

Senior member on the board with the least amount of posts.
cgh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #84
DaCubFan
Minors (Triple A)

Simply the best... can 88 GM's be wrong?
Old 09-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #85
bucsfan2118
Bat Boy

Without question the best league going! Excellent GM's and dedicated commish!
bucsfan2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:55 AM   #86
TurboTrigga
Minors (Single A)

UPDATE....We currently have 2 teams available with a 3rd possibly on the horizen..I have starting emailing those on the waiting list...to get added and possibly be chosen to join this rare, exciting, and intense league just fill out this APPLICATION.

WORLD BASEBALL HIERARCHY - Where champions compete!
GM of the Lagunillas Loros

Last edited by TurboTrigga; 10-22-2008 at 02:59 AM.
TurboTrigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #87
Ulsan guy
New User

hoping to join

Hi guys...I've already sent an application, but I REALLY want to join this league so I've finally joined the forum (I usually just read) and am posting here. I'm a long time OOTP/Baseball Mogual player, but I recently got OOTP9 and think it's fantastic.
I'm an american living in South Korea, so I like and follow all the leagues here (mostly *** and KBO), and of course MLB. I'm a big WBC fan as well, so I think this league concept really suits me.
If you've got a Korean franchise available I'd jump on it. But it looks like you might expand into Australia soon as well. Whatever you've got I'll take it! After reading all the comments on this thread...I've got to join!
Ulsan guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #88
CaptainObvious
Minors (Double A)

Oh yeah, we have a new commissioner as of 10 days ago: World Baseball Hierarchy • View topic - Important Announcement!
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #89
ELDoro
All Star Reserve

I put in an application a few days ago...was told I was accepted and was given the wrong password for Quebec Dragons....e-mailed back with no new password or anything.

Last edited by ELDoro; 10-27-2008 at 01:00 PM.
ELDoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #90
kangatarts
Bat Boy

Looking for interested owners to add to our waiting list!

The World Baseball Hierarchy is looking for new, eager blood to join our waiting list as we prepare to start our 2015 regular season! We're in our 10th season and we're stocked with 88 owners representing teams from 11 different leagues. While we don't have any open teams at the moment, our waiting list is wearing thin and we're always looking to add people onto it in case an owner has to drop out. Apply now by filling in this application!

For those looking to get some more info about the league, I'll talk about my experience with the WBH. I'm the GM of the Maracaibo Jackals and this will be my 5th season in the league. The unique promotion and relegation structure of the league caught my eye, as it really means that every game in the season counts, whether you're pushing for the playoffs or to avoid being relegated to a lower-tiered league. Though I've been stuck in Venezuela, a 3rd-tier league, in my four previous season, I can honestly say that every sim has been important!

Another great aspect of the league is that it captures the benefits of a small league and a large league. Though there are 88 total teams, you're competing with just seven others in a given season, allowing you to really familiarize yourself with the rivals of your leagues. However, you also have access to a huge player pool, giving you the ability to explore a vast amount of players and potential deals available. Also, with promotions and relegations, every season is different, as new teams are introduced to your league that you have to prepare for. It's an experience truly unique to the WBH!

The people involved with the league are top notch as well. A Board of Directors ensures that every sim runs smoothly and timely and takes care of any issue that comes up in the league. Several owners step up to add life to the league with custom awards and keeping track of player milestones and record breakers. The forums are active with league articles (check out some of the 2015 season previews here!), trade blocks, and just plain socializing. The league has truly done a great job bringing in a group of quality owners from various backgrounds!

Well there's my plug for the league. I joined WBH from off the wait list and have not regretted it since. If this sounds like a league for you, apply for a spot on the waiting list!

Here are some handy links (most have been posted already):
World Baseball Hierarchy site
WBH Rules
WBH Owners & Teams
WBH Forum
WBH Application

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the league!
kangatarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #91
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

I'm the GM of the San Lorenzo Legends. We started off as a 4th Level (lowest) Expansion team in the 2011 Season. We had a sub .500 season in our first year, then won the Puerto Rican Championship in our 2nd year. With this we were promoted to Canada (3rd Level) where we won another Championship to move up to Cuba (2nd Level). The competition was really strong there and we came in 2nd place and missed out on the Playoffs. This will be our 5th Season in the WBH and we are trying to become the first team to go from the 4th Level all the way to the USA (top league) but I don't think we are the favorites... maybe next year though.

The above illustration shows whats great about our league, you can go from bad to a title team in one offseason, like I did. A lot of this is because of the large free agent pool that enables you to build the team that you want, rather than having to satisfy for something that doesn't fit what you want in a player. And you can also go from being a Championship team to a 2nd place team despite improving your club because the level of competition really increases as you move up the ladder. I had a really good team last year but the team that won Cuba was better than me in just about every aspect of the game. They are gone now, but another team has been demoted to Cuba from the USA and they look like a heck of a club. Not to mention two Third Level Champions moved into the Cuban League. Talk about an ever changing dynamic to things, geesh.... I hope to one day make it and to win in the USA -- Can you imagine how good it must feel to have undisputed claim to the Top Spot of an 88 team league!!!

Accept the same challenge I did 5 sim seasons ago and try to make your way to the top of the Hierarchy and then try to stay there. I'll see you in the USA!! (Did I mention one of our teams is called the Bananas? -- All logos are custom made as are many other WBH Specific Graphics!)
Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #92
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

A fantastic league with hardworking, dedicated owners and commish board.

dcc
Old 12-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #93
kangatarts
Bat Boy

New WBH Feature: Weekly Sports Talk Show on the League!

Earlier, A few GMs launched a WBH Sports Talk Show with an hour-long show discussing league news, player spotlights, trade analysis, and a season preview of the top tier USA league! This new addition introduces another dimension of immersion into the league. Listen into their first show here

In the meantime, we've gotten several applications, got back to those who applied and some are already in the league. We have two spots open and are still waiting to hear back from some potential owners off the wait list. Fill out the application and we'll get back to you ASAP and maybe you'll be able to sneak into a GM position!
kangatarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 AM   #94
TurboTrigga
Minors (Single A)

2nd Edition of the WBH Talk Session Podcast is available:

Free Online Radio - Internet Talk Radio | BlogTalkRadio

Click to listen to a bunch of guys talk about the happens of the WBH.

If interested in joining Hierarchy, Apply Here!

WORLD BASEBALL HIERARCHY - Where champions compete!
GM of the Lagunillas Loros

Last edited by TurboTrigga; 12-15-2008 at 02:56 AM.
TurboTrigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #95
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

I was told I am the new owner of the Santo Domingo Saints, but haven't heard from the commish since Thursday. I was supposed to be in Thursday's sim, but wasn't included. I don't have a forum name or password yet, either. Since I see from your schedule that there's a sim tomorrow, I'm trying to get access ASAP. I've sent Troy e-mails with no repsone. Can someone help me?
BoofBonser26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #96
George
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
I was told I am the new owner of the Santo Domingo Saints, but haven't heard from the commish since Thursday. I was supposed to be in Thursday's sim, but wasn't included. I don't have a forum name or password yet, either. Since I see from your schedule that there's a sim tomorrow, I'm trying to get access ASAP. I've sent Troy e-mails with no repsone. Can someone help me?
I'll post something in the league forum and see if someone can get back to you right away.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #97
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I'll post something in the league forum and see if someone can get back to you right away.
I saw your post over on the forums and appreciate it. I've been "stalking" the forum and listening to the podcast, trying to get myself involved in the league as much as possible when I can't actually access the file!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #98
George
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
I saw your post over on the forums and appreciate it. I've been "stalking" the forum and listening to the podcast, trying to get myself involved in the league as much as possible when I can't actually access the file!
I'm sure someone will get back to you shortly. It'll be worth the wait. It's a great league.

Good luck.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #99
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I'm sure someone will get back to you shortly. It'll be worth the wait. It's a great league.

Good luck.
Bump. I've been in contact with several other league members about this, but no-one actually seems able to help me. I know there was a sim tonight. Anyone out there?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #100
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

Hopefully this was an isolated incident and I think it was. Tyler is set up now and Santo Domingo's new GM --- I'm not sure if we have other openings but it couldn't hurt to put your name on the wait list if you are interested.