Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #41
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

Bump
kcroyalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #42
cbe0774
Bat Boy

Great League

I am a member of several leagues and I have investigated many others and this is hands down the best online I have found. VERY well run and the promotion/relegation aspect really keeps everyone interested. One problem that I have always had in online leagues is that usually half of a group is really engaged and the other half isn't paying attention. In the WBH, if you don't pay attention you sink to the bottom of the Heirarchy, so the cream rises to the top. Not affiliated with the management of the league - just wanted to chime in for those looking for a new league and not sure which direction to go...
cbe0774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #43
CaptainObvious
Minors (Double A)

Opening day 2009 is in less than 6 hours!
About two months until expansion.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #44
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

just a bump for anyone lookin to join the league.
Deftones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #45
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,

We only have a few spots remaining in the new leagues...reserve your team today.

Thanks,
-j
giornaliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #46
Lumber13
Bat Boy

I got so stoked reading your web site I submitted a join request a couple of days ago. Even though I am a complete newb to OOTP I am a baseball junkie who has a good time talking baseball and I have a lot of experience playing in sim leagues. The WBH looks like a first class league with a lot of activity on your forums. I hope you can consider me for an opening in one of your two new Divisions starting in 2011.

Thanks,
Robbie
Lumber13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #47
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumber13 View Post
I got so stoked reading your web site I submitted a join request a couple of days ago. Even though I am a complete newb to OOTP I am a baseball junkie who has a good time talking baseball and I have a lot of experience playing in sim leagues. The WBH looks like a first class league with a lot of activity on your forums. I hope you can consider me for an opening in one of your two new Divisions starting in 2011.

Thanks,
Robbie
PM sent! I sent out a couple of emails the past few days, must not have gone through.
-j
Old 12-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #48
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

To tank or not to tank…. that’s the real question!

To tank or not to tank…. that’s the real question!<o></o>
As the season comes to close with only four games left, the race is on to get into the playoffs and win the championship for the league and get promoted to the next level of the Hierarchy. The 56 league owners are closely watching some of the tightest race that we have seen in recent memories. Even though some are out of the running, they are still closely watching their rivals because next year they will have a chance to become the top team in their league.
<o></o>
There is also another race that OOTP owners need to watch as well. The fight to stay in their level and not get demoted to a lower level is also a fight to the finish. The worst record in their perspective division will get demoted. If the team does indeed get demoted, the penalties are the loss of fan loyalty and perhaps the loss of some revenues. The question becomes, should tanking be a viable choice for teams that are in last place? In our league, tanking and getting demoted is one of the worst things that can happen to a team. There is no first pick in your league that you will get demoted from but a later pick. Another reason to not tank and try to get the 2<sup>nd</sup> worst record in your division is an even tougher job then trying to win the league outright. Let’s take a look at the many tight races all around World Baseball Hierarchy.<o>
</o><o></o>
U.S League<o></o>
Since the U.S league is at the top of the pyramid, there isn’t a next level for them but to crown “King of the Hill”. There is one guarantee in this year’s race; the legendary Toledo Mudhens managed by Andre G. will not win the championship for the first time in 3 years. The tight race between Akashi Fordians and first year participant Hukoka Hawks has the same record to meet the three time runner up <st1:city><st1>Santiago de Cuba</st1> </st1:city>for the highest championship in WBH.
<o></o>
The other known race is the two teams that are trying to stay alive are the Toledo Mudhens (as mention, three time U.S League winner) and Vertienetes Fumadores. Both teams have identical records and they will face each other for the last series of the year. What an exciting ending.
<o></o>
How many owners in WBH are looking closely to this action? The once unbeatable <st1:city><st1>Toledo</st1></st1:city>, who is coming off from three consecutive championships could actually be demoted! Every step that an owner makes whether it is free agent signing, trades or just trying to rebuild while staying in the league can make a huge difference.
<o>
</o>
<st1:country-region><st1>Japan</st1></st1:country-region> League<o></o>
While both division leaders are locked to make the playoffs. Both Pittsburgh Pirates and Asahikawa Green Guild will go head-to-head and the chance to get into U.S league next year. This will be the second consecutive year that <st1:city><st1>Pittsburgh</st1></st1:city> will be in the Japanese playoff to get back to the original league while <st1:city><st1>Asahikawa</st1></st1:city> first playoff appearance.
<o></o>
The “tank” race to watch in the Japan League is former champions from their original leagues; last year <st1:country-region><st1>Venezuela</st1></st1:country-region>’s champion Barquisimeto Obeliscos and 2008 <st1:country-region><st1>Dominican Republic</st1></st1:country-region> champion Mao Dadaistas. Currently Mao is 1 game back from <st1:city><st1>Barquisimeto</st1> </st1:city>and the mountain is harder to climb as well. They have one last series against division champ <st1:city><st1>Pittsburgh</st1>

</st1:city><o></o><st1:country-region><st1>Cuba</st1></st1:country-region> League<o></o>
While there is no “tank” race in the Cuba League the tight race between Cienfuegos Piratas and Quebec Dragons are no laughing jokes between these two. What a way to end this season! Both Piratas and the Dragons will be facing each other in their last meeting before the playoffs starts. As of right now the Dragons are 13-8 against the Piratas.
<o>
</o><st1:country-region><st1>Dominican Republic</st1></st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region><st1>South Korea</st1></st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region><st1>Venezuela</st1></st1:country-region>, and <st1:country-region><st1>Canada</st1></st1:country-region> Leagues<o></o>
While there is no current level under the four leagues, the race to being promoted is anyone’s guess right now. The Venezuela League playoff teams (Maracay Fighting Jalapeños and Anaco Anacondas) and has already clinched their playoff spot more than 3 weeks ago; they are both fighting for home field advantage. Baracoa Bahia and Suwon Samsung Lions have also clinched their playoff spots in the South Korea League as well as La Habana Los Leones and Calgary Outlaws in the Canada League.
<o></o>
The most interesting race in the level 3 pyramid has to go to the Dominican Republic League. Both divisions within the league are still up for grabs. Let’s take a look at the Latitude division, the Moca Machine is 2 games ahead of the Tokyo Tanuki and their last series will be against last place Puerta Plata Pumas.
<o></o>
The Longitude division is even more baffling because there are three teams still in the race for the other playoff spot. With four games left in each of their schedule, Santiago de los Caballeros is leading the way with only a 1 game lead on Santo Domingo Saints and a 3 game separation on the Bani Banshees. What a race, three teams still have some air left and trying to get into the playoffs for a chance to get promoted! It looks like the Bani Banshees have the easiest schedule left, but lets take a look at their remaining schedules.
<o></o>
Schedule remaining<o></o>
Santiago de los Caballeros – 1 game vs. Bani, 3 games @ Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo Saints – 1 game @ <st1:city><st1>Nagasaki</st1></st1:city>, 3 games vs. Santiago

Bani Banshees – 1 game @ Santiago, 3 games vs. <st1:city><st1>Nagasaki</st1>
</st1:city>
<o></o>
New expansion leagues: <st1:country-region><st1>Panama</st1></st1:country-region> and Puerto Rico League<o></o>
The 16 new owners that are eagerly waiting to see how these crazy races work itself out and try to bloody each other up. They are excited and anxiously waiting to get into the mix of things. Both of the leagues are th4<sup>th</sup> level of the Hierarchy. Starting next year, the <st1:country-region><st1>South Korea</st1>, </st1:country-region><st1:country-region><st1>Canada</st1></st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region><st1>Venezuela </st1></st1:country-region>and Dominican Republic Leagues cannot just “tank” their season without a penalty anymore. The 4<sup>th</sup> league is now here and the penalty is getting stiffer. The new owners smell blood and they are ready for the fight of their lives. The question for the new owners is, can they handle 72 owners in a very active league that is fighting for every free agent, waiver claims and available players on the trading block. Let the Hierarchy begin!!!!!
<o></o>
To the potential OOTP owners<o></o>
If you are looking for a challenge or if you are a new player that wants something unique in their league then WBH could be a viable league for you. As the article above, you can’t tank a season without any repercussions. Some owners have tried to rebuild while staying competitive to stay within their level but have failed. There is so many ways to rebuild a team but the trick is to rebuild but not be the worst team in the league. Tanking can be a “savior” for some other leagues but not this league. There is no such thing as tanking and getting a reward for it, only a demotion. If you want a challenge and are interested, please click on the “join” button at our website and apply. If you have questions, ask away and will happy to answer it.

World Baseball Hierarchy website

http://wbh.allsimbaseball3.com/
thatsnotgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #49
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

Are they ready? It’s time to feed the wolves!
<o></o>
Most leagues in OOTP have straightforward leagues that usually have the same problems that all real life leagues have. The problems are consistent and they are the “haves and have-nots”, if you are the worst team in baseball, your reward is the top pick of the draft. But what happens when an owner tries to “tank” the season. Boston Celtics try to do it this year and hope for Greg Oden. In our league, there is a price to pay if you want to totally demolish and rebuild from the ground up. And I wonder if that’s a good price to pay. If the owner wants to build the team from the ground up, there is a great chance that they will get demoted because of their horrid record. Yet when they do get demoted there is no chance that they get the first pick but the 4<sup>th</sup> and 5<sup>th</sup> pick of the draft plus it will be a year wasted in a lower league. The price to pay for a rebuilding job!
<o></o>
With 16 new owners coming into the crazy World Baseball Hierarchy, the last level of the pyramid has come. The <st1:country-region><st1>Panama</st1></st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region><st1>Puerto Rico</st1></st1:country-region> league is here. They have been watching the league for quite a while now. They understand how the system works, they are noticing who are the top owners of our Hierarchy and will try to avoid them at all cost. But do they know what they are getting into? This league is a competitive and fun league that will nudge, crawl, climb and fight the way to the top.
<o></o>
For these 16 new owners, do they have enough patience to build their dream team and rise to the top? Being at the lowest level of the Hierarchy, it will take them the minimum three seasons to get to the top league, the U.S league. Three seasons of winning each level without stopping, is this something they can manage? Is it possible in our league full of experienced owners?
<o></o>
Of course it is, but the owner must be as shrewd as any other GM in the league. Take nothing for granted, leave no parts uncovered, and research every free agent out there to see if they do fit with the team. A great example is <st1:country-region><st1>Canada</st1></st1:country-region>’s original representative, the Quebec Dragons. By winning the Canadian league and fighting teeth and nails to get into the U.S league is surely a great example. But the problem is, will that team that has been on a successful tear be intact for the U.S league?
<o></o>
But a team can seriously go from the U.S league and slide down quicker than climbing to the top, an example is the Tokoworaza Arsenals who was once fighting to become the best of the best is now rebuilding from the ground up. Because of the sacrifice he is making, the price must be paid handsomely.
<o></o>
To the 16 new owners in the <st1:country-region><st1>Panama</st1></st1:country-region> and Puerto Rico League, good luck, have fun, be patient and be as shrewd as any GM out there. Don’t let the wolves feed on you but bring back the wolves as food! You are the new owners that have the most challenging climb ever, don’t give up and keep on fighting. You are part of the best bunch of OOTP GMs in any league out there. 72 owners in WBH now, only 1 can be at the top of the pyramid.
<o></o>
Lets all give welcome the new owners.

To the potential owners in OOTP – if you think you can handle something as gut wrenching, extremely fun, challenging league like the WBH. Come and join us for the time of your life. If you always wonder if you are truly the best of the best in OOTP, what better way to be one of the 72 owners in our league? One of the most active leagues in OOTP that has continuously bring the best GMs into the World Baseball Hierarchy.
<o></o>
Check out our website! To understand the Hierarchy, click on "Hierarchy". If you are interested in applying, click on the “join” link on the menu bar. If you have questions of any kind, AIM the commissioner, Jay.
<o></o>
AIM: giornaliereiliv

Last edited by thatsnotgross; 12-10-2007 at 10:36 AM.
thatsnotgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #50
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

this is a GREAT league!
something for everyone, and a fantastic Commish (and helpers) that is on top of everything! i can almost set my clocks by the SIM's...no sitting around wondering what is going on.
good for new players, and 'experts'.
bigfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #51
DaCubFan
Minors (Triple A)

I really have to agree with everything said in this thread. I'm a long-time OOTP player, and a good league is hard to find. I've been in so many that have folded without warning that I'm very picky about what leagues I consider from now on. I'm a GM in the Baseball Maelstrom (5-1/2 real years of existence), and I see the WBH as falling into the same elite category. I'm looking forward to my inaugural year in the WBH Puerto Rico league, and encourage others to keep their eyes on the WBH. It's definitely one of the best around!

Last edited by DaCubFan; 12-16-2007 at 03:26 PM.
DaCubFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #52
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,

The 2011 season kicks off the day after Christmas with the First Year Player Draft and the Off Season Free Agency Period...so now is a great time to get on-board.

Thanks,
-j
Old 12-23-2007, 02:27 AM   #53
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

I sent in an application via your join link on the website.. Took forever for it to upload. And I'm not sure if it did ok. I applied for the opening for the Edmonton team. Please let me know if you got my application or not..
mochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #54
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochuck View Post
I sent in an application via your join link on the website.. Took forever for it to upload. And I'm not sure if it did ok. I applied for the opening for the Edmonton team. Please let me know if you got my application or not..
Got it...reply sent, thank you.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #55
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,

The 2011 season is underway with our two newest leagues...Panama and Puerto Rico. So stop on over and see what the fuss is all about...then if you wish, fill out the JOIN form to reserve your spot on the wait list or for an expansion league down the road.

Thanks,
-j

Last edited by giornaliere; 02-04-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:59 AM   #56
Griff
Bat Boy

dup post

Last edited by Griff; 01-18-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #57
Griff
Bat Boy

dup post

Last edited by Griff; 01-18-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #58
Griff
Bat Boy

This sounds like a great league. I have applied on your site. I think the concept of promotion/relegation (aka demotion) is great.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #59
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,

We are always looking to add to the wait list so please stop on over and check us out...then if you wish, fill out the JOIN form to reserve your spot for a future opening or for an expansion team down the road.

Thanks,
-j
Old 02-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #60
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I just put an application in for this to join when the next expansion leagues open up. I'm an absolute n00b to this game, but from what I've read, this is a great league to get started with. I'll be playing around with the game until I get the possible call to join the league. This should be exciting.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote