Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

the card market

How is it that some people have over 8 days for their item to sell while the rest of us are at a max of 2 days?
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
Nyflamingos
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
How is it that some people have over 8 days for their item to sell while the rest of us are at a max of 2 days?
When you goto sell an item... the default is 12 hours .. below that it says custom .. there you can make it what you want... i am not sure if there is a limit .. I know the one time Pedro had like a 10 day auction
Nyflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyflamingos View Post
When you goto sell an item... the default is 12 hours .. below that it says custom .. there you can make it what you want... i am not sure if there is a limit .. I know the one time Pedro had like a 10 day auction
Wow, Thank you. I never knew that.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

wished they made it no more than 5 days..8+ days is downright silly
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #5
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I don't even know the point of auctions that long especially when they set a buy now price. If it doesn't sell in a couple days, I don't think 10 is going to help you. Maybe it's just me. I won't even consider bidding on anything that could tie my PP up longer than a day. So if I have to wait for 8 days to bid on something I may otherwise want, screw it I'll spend my PP elsewhere.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:49 AM   #6
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I don't even know the point of auctions that long especially when they set a buy now price. If it doesn't sell in a couple days, I don't think 10 is going to help you. Maybe it's just me. I won't even consider bidding on anything that could tie my PP up longer than a day. So if I have to wait for 8 days to bid on something I may otherwise want, screw it I'll spend my PP elsewhere.

Could not have said it better.

The likelihood that more people will see the auction and then decide to jump on it seems low.
The PT audience tends to be active and online much more often compared to trying to attract extra eBay shoppers.

So rather than waiting I also move on and spend my points elsewhere.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #7
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

It makes sense if the seller doesn't plan to be online for a while. The strategy loses a lot of its effectiveness if there is not a reasonable BIN though.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote