Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

names

Will OOTP 19 have proper names of their representative nations around the world or will various nations take up different name set and language ?? Point being is this finally handled ??
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Yes, please give us 256 name sets, even if some of them are blank by default.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I second that.... the reason for my post is I have seen a great many times where a person from one nation getting names from another nation and language. it might sound trivial. It is noticed much more when doing the World Baseball Classic. I just like it to be updated and corrected. I would attempt to do it myself but I am not a computer technician or programmer. Plus I do not like messing with the game itself

Last edited by r0nster; 01-27-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I agree, it would be great to see it finally happen, I'd really love it, but it won't be this year, unfortunately.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #5
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Lukas .... for my own edification what is the game plan with the name correction to match with nations ???
Old 01-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
Lukas .... for my own edification what is the game plan with the name correction to match with nations ???
Sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase it?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

point is a player that has a flag of say Italy would have a Spanish name or a Canadian flag have a Chinese name or Israeli flag having Arabic name things like that is occurring a lot in the games in the last few versions. Thought I would ask if there is any plans on fixing this ?? Yes I have mentioned this before in other versions just so you know. You will see it when you play World Baseball Classic as that's where on this game you would see it come out a bit more obvious.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #8
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
point is a player that has a flag of say Italy would have a Spanish name or a Canadian flag have a Chinese name or Israeli flag having Arabic name things like that is occurring a lot in the games in the last few versions. Thought I would ask if there is any plans on fixing this ?? Yes I have mentioned this before in other versions just so you know. You will see it when you play World Baseball Classic as that's where on this game you would see it come out a bit more obvious.
That one at least isn't exactly impossible IRL, although it is unlikely.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:30 PM   #9
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I agree in real life occasionally might see one decide to play for another country. However you see any flag player having incorrect name of nation as I see it a lot. Of which is why I ask about it every year to see if it got corrected for the next version. And I remember we were talking about it in last years WBC in real life and noticed in real life the names mainly come from same country and with very little differences.

When I looked in the OOTP I noticed in some cases the languages are not correct and I thought perhaps that may be the reason but I think its more the name set for any given nation .... flags seem to be good just the name set seems off I guess it be called
----
Please do not misunderstand why I keep asking this. I love the game and I just didn't want to ruin the game as I do not like to mess with the game itself.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:32 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I mean, this stuff actually happens in real life. It's a pretty multicultural world now.

There are plenty of Canadians of Chinese ethnicity or Italians with Spanish fathers or whatever. Obviously it shouldn't happen too much, so the devil is in the details, as always. So if 50% of Canadians had Chinese names we'd have to take a look, but afaik it's not that bad currently.

Just taking a quick look at one of the countries you mentioned, from the WBC Italy has by my count 8 guys with clearly non-Italian names. Da Silva, Escalona, Florian, Layne, Lugo, Morris, Nielsen, Segedin and Teran.

I can try to remember to take a look during beta and see what the names look like though and make some tweaks if things seem too far off.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-28-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:03 AM   #11
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

dont worry about it Lukas. I just got a name set for the nation that is 100% wrong with names and he gave me directions (hope it works) in fixing this with two files with more names with correct names. Of which I am going to try once my season ends as I am in August right now.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #12
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Would also be great to get default historically-appropriate names for US fictional historical universes.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:11 AM   #13
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
Would also be great to get default historically-appropriate names for US fictional historical universes.
Having namesets that evolve over time is a cool idea.