Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Questions about stats, HoF, and coaching records

Hi there,

I've been simming for several seasons now (up to 2031-2032) and I've run across a couple of things that I wanted to ask about.

1. How are the HoF inductees chosen? The reason I ask is because of some odd choices as well as some that have been left out. Noting that I'm a huge Kings homer, I found it odd that the selection of Devyn Dubnyk preceded Jonathan Quick (who still hasn't been elected)...even though Quick retired before him, had 666 total wins, and Dubnyk was below .500 and didn't have even 400 wins. Some other players being overlooked as well seemed odd. Again, curious how the selections are calculated as that example stood out to me.

2. I hired a new coach in 2021, and his coaching record leaves out seasons 2021-2022 all the way up to 2026-2027 even though he was hired during those years by me.

3. When HoF inductees are made, the emails that come in regarding the selection shows their stats incorrectly. Generally it's something like, "...7 goals and 35 assists for 42 points over their career" instead of what I presume should be their totals.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:37 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The Game Setup screen (Game Menu, Setup/Options) lists the Hall of Fame criteria for each position, and you can edit them.

Not sure what's happening with the coaching records, we'll take a look at that.

Yup, known issue on the Hall of Fame announcements, it's been on the to-be-fixed list for a while.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The Game Setup screen (Game Menu, Setup/Options) lists the Hall of Fame criteria for each position, and you can edit them.
I presume this is Sandbox only? I don't see that option in my current game.

Still though, peculiar that a goalie with a record of 666-389 with 114 shutouts isn't in yet versus a goalie with a record of 370-357 with 59 shutouts who is.

Is there a way to find out the criteria if it is Sandbox only?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:46 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, so it is, not there in PtG. Not sure why it's that way, there's no real harm to the game mode by making those criteria variable, so I'll see if we can change that.

Quick should be in with those stats - have 3 years passed since his retirement yet? The default criteria for a goalie are any 3 of 725 games, 300 wins, 60 shutouts, or a .910 save percentage.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Ah, so it is, not there in PtG. Not sure why it's that way, there's no real harm to the game mode by making those criteria variable, so I'll see if we can change that.

Quick should be in with those stats - have 3 years passed since his retirement yet? The default criteria for a goalie are any 3 of 725 games, 300 wins, 60 shutouts, or a .910 save percentage.
I believe it's been five or six years now and he's not in. He's on the list of eligible noms as well. He's moved upwards on the list, but he wasn't selected yet.