Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #1
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pitching Stamina / Editing

Hey all,

In a new Quickstart game and I have a question. I've increased the stamina on a number of starters, but their stamina number remains unchanged. I tried taking a closer at 22 all the way up to 250 as an extreme example and his number ended up the same on the pitching ratings screen.

Am I missing something basic here? The defensive numbers and pitch ratings change on the screen when you edit them, so I'm wondering why that's not happening with stamina.

Secondary question: How do you impose a pitch count on relief pitchers.

Last edited by One Dog; 09-12-2015 at 12:34 AM.
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #2
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

For RP pitch counts you can do it on the game strategy screen for that player. It would really be nice to see it at least on the pitching staff screen like you can for SP's......
Old 09-12-2015, 08:20 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

When you change/edit ratings, the player will need to be scouted again before they'll show on his profile page.

I'm assuming of course that you're playing with scouting enabled?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:57 PM   #4
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
When you change/edit ratings, the player will need to be scouted again before they'll show on his profile page.

I'm assuming of course that you're playing with scouting enabled?
I see. I do have scouting on, but I'm so new to the game that I hadn't really delved in to that part of it very much. Can I ask if there is a limit to how many players I can scout during a season? I *heavily* edit rosters so I'm wondering if I'd need to scout every player in the game to get the updated ratings if that makes sense.

Thanks so much for the response. I can see that I'm going to love this game
Old 09-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

There's no limit. I can't expand too much since I don't use scouting, but I'm sure someone who does will give you a more complete answer.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
There's no limit. I can't expand too much since I don't use scouting, but I'm sure someone who does will give you a more complete answer.
Thank you. One more question and I'll bug off! If I don't use scouting, will the ratings just update immediately on the player screen?
Old 09-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dog View Post
Thank you. One more question and I'll bug off! If I don't use scouting, will the ratings just update immediately on the player screen?
Yes.

And don't bug off, ask questions. There's lots of people here more than happy to help you as you delve into the game.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #8
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Yes.

And don't bug off, ask questions. There's lots of people here more than happy to help you as you delve into the game.
Thanks! So if I keep scouting on and select bi-annual reports,does that mean my scouts will update every player on my team bi-monthly? So then all the edits done on the day I start a game will update in mass when I get the first update? Or does that just give me bi-annual reports on players I've requested scouting reports on? I guess that's a more general question about the whole scouting process - but it's what's getting me hung up on this game I'm starting.

I ask because if your scouts give a report on each player bi-monthly I'll proceed playing with scouting turned on. If it's the case where I'll have to scout every player on every team to see the changes I've made, I'll just play with scouting off to save some time.

Thanks again!

ADDENDUM: Could I just turn off scouting - make the edits I need and confirm that they're satisfactory - and then just turn on scouting again? Does that mess up anything? Is there a purpose in Shortlisting players if scouting is turned off?

Last edited by One Dog; 09-12-2015 at 11:42 PM.