Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
mpbaseball22
Minors (Single A)

Bunch of Option Questions

So Im a little confusd about how the ratings work in this game. For example, would you rather sign a guy with an overall of half a star who last 3 years had a WAR or 5.0 each season, or a guy with a 5 star rating who only had 1 WAR each season? Ive been looking at stats more than the ratings given to players but to be honest Im kind of confused on how it all works. I have my AI eval settings on 40/30/20/10, does that mean the players stats truly matter towards performance going forward or does it only mean that the stats matter on how the computer sets its lineup?

Also curious what everyone uses for total change randomness and aging numbers

Whats the general opinion on overall rating based on AI evalution, not pure ratings?

And lastly, I uploaded all the MLB pictures to show for players in my league, but the new fake guys have no face altogether. Is there any way to fix this?

Had the game for little over a week now and loving it. Sorry for the dumb questions but theres just so much to this game

Last edited by mpbaseball22; 08-20-2015 at 08:34 PM.
mpbaseball22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:52 AM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

NO such thing as a dumb question no matter how long you been playing
In answer to your pic probs. When you first start ootp, click settings and click the 3D Facegen tab and set the last option to search for picture first.
Then in game click the game tab and then click the Players&Facegen tab. Set Player Pictures for to All Players
Set Create Player Pictures to On demand.
Set Update/Generate Player pictures to Always if needed.
Set other options as you prefer.
Real pics will now load automatically and as soon as you click on any player that does not have his real life pic or the game uses him, he'll get a facegen pic.
Best of both worlds

Last edited by Bigrod; 08-21-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
mpbaseball22
Minors (Single A)

Thank you much much better
Old 08-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbaseball22 View Post
So Im a little confusd about how the ratings work in this game. For example, would you rather sign a guy with an overall of half a star who last 3 years had a WAR or 5.0 each season, or a guy with a 5 star rating who only had 1 WAR each season? Ive been looking at stats more than the ratings given to players but to be honest Im kind of confused on how it all works. I have my AI eval settings on 40/30/20/10, does that mean the players stats truly matter towards performance going forward or does it only mean that the stats matter on how the computer sets its lineup?
The bottom line is, the 40/30/20/10 means that when the computer is analyzing players and determining stars, 40% of the result is coming from the player's ratings, and 60% from his statistics from the past three years. If he hasn't played for 3 years, the AI will weight ratings even more.

So, assuming the guy who is killing it with the 5.0 WAR doesn't have great ratings compared to his peers, and therefore his star value is getting dragged down by his poor ratings.

If you were to change the AI evaluation to more heavily weight stats over ratings, it's possible (perhaps likely) his star value would increase.

All that said, those settings have ZERO value on how the players actually perform. It's just affecting how the AI analyzes players. So, it's perfectly OK to leave it that way.

Generally, when you have statistics available, try not to fall in love with the stars and actually look at how the players are performing.

Just my two cents, though!
Old 08-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #5
mpbaseball22
Minors (Single A)

OK thanks guys, heres another one

I just signed Bryce Harper to a ridiculous contract. Because of that, I plan on upping my ticket prices and making more money. Will that boost my IFA budget when the time comes because Im making so much money on ticket sales?

AND I have league progression on (or whatever its called), and this past offseason they moved the 15 Day DL to a 22 Day DL. What are the pros and cons to this? Personally I cant think of any strategic pros. Couple seasons in they also banned the DH and moved the active roster to 24 players. Kinda cool but 24 players is tough!

Last edited by mpbaseball22; 08-21-2015 at 07:26 PM.