Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #41
nayryentuk
Bat Boy

I guess i'm in the minority here but I haven't noticed this either as I have been able to get high potential prospects recently(according to my scouts and they have been correct), however I'm definitely going take a harder look now.
nayryentuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #42
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yeah, looking through there were definitely some cases that were getting out of control. With the changes, this definitely look better.

By default (avg/avg), I can get Hiura for deGrom, Syndergaard, McNeil, or Rosario. If I bump it up to hard, just the 2 starters finish the deal. And with hard and heavily favour prospects, not even either starter alone is enough to get Milwaukee to accept the deal (but you still only have to give up a guy like Mauricio or Woods-Richardson for them to accept).

And other superstars even harder to get. Trout you have to give up both deGrom+Syndergaard on average to get him, and on hard they won't even accept that.

Thanks for your help all!
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #43
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, looking through there were definitely some cases that were getting out of control. With the changes, this definitely look better.

By default (avg/avg), I can get Hiura for deGrom, Syndergaard, McNeil, or Rosario. If I bump it up to hard, just the 2 starters finish the deal. And with hard and heavily favour prospects, not even either starter alone is enough to get Milwaukee to accept the deal (but you still only have to give up a guy like Mauricio or Woods-Richardson for them to accept).

And other superstars even harder to get. Trout you have to give up both deGrom+Syndergaard on average to get him, and on hard they won't even accept that.

Thanks for your help all!
Do you mind if I asked what "changes" you're referring to above? Is there a new update with an updated trading algorithm in the pipeline or something else?

For the record, my experience (with trading set to hard and neutral) has been that:
1) tippy-top prospects (basically around top 25 or so) are practically impossible to acquire no matter what you offer (even if it's a superstar making little money) and

2) the good prospects in the tier below seem very easy to acquire. To name a few, guys like Jon Duplantier, Corbin Martin, Nate Lowe, Nick Solak, Cionel Perez, and Reese McGuire, mostly guys who are mid to back half of the top 100 prospects, always seem extremely easy to acquire and typically go on to have very good careers.

Last edited by x McLovin x; 05-21-2019 at 04:23 PM.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #44
Poonox24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
I'm not sure if it's broken or working as intended but trading for prospects doesn't reflect what happens in real life.

Top prospects are given up in real life. The Cubs gave up G.Torres(and 3 other prospects) just for a few innings of A.Chapman because they were in win now mode. Guys like Moncada, Kopech, Jimenez are given up by win now teams for all star major leaguers. They aren't untouchable.
I have to agree with Tony on this. I have run through about 15x the 2019 season and not a single prospect in the top 50 has been traded leading up to the trade deadline. Is there a way to increase the amount of trades that would include a top 100 prospect for top tier talent? This is all I am looking for to make this game 5 stars.

You should be able to unload Thor or deGrom for a top 50 prospect and some other pieces. Teams would jump all over that in real life. I would hope not only that the trade option for human owners gets reworked but also one for the CPU to CPU trades.

Finally I love the idea someone put in here. An option for untouchable prospects (something an owner could click for a player). Also an option to put change the GM strategy from: win right now....to looking for prospects.....to sitting tight....etc. This way you know what the team is looking to do with their current roster.

Example: the Giants are looking to deal Veterans for prospects in real life. They would accept really only prospects for MadBum. ML ready players over the age of 30 are not what they are looking for.

Just some of my thoughts!
Poonox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:57 PM   #45
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
Do you mind if I asked what "changes" you're referring to above? Is there a new update with an updated trading algorithm in the pipeline or something else?

For the record, my experience (with trading set to hard and neutral) has been that:
1) tippy-top prospects (basically around top 25 or so) are practically impossible to acquire no matter what you offer (even if it's a superstar making little money) and

2) the good prospects in the tier below seem very easy to acquire. To name a few, guys like Jon Duplantier, Corbin Martin, Nate Lowe, Nick Solak, Cionel Perez, and Reese McGuire, mostly guys who are mid to back half of the top 100 prospects, always seem extremely easy to acquire and typically go on to have very good careers.
Changes in the pipeline for the next patch
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:15 PM   #46
mtlcash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Awesome!
mtlcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #47
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Is team focus taking into account in the trade logic? Because whilst top prospect do need to actually be able to be moved, for a team that's rebuilding trading away your 2 or 3 best prospects for 2 years of a Cy Young calibre starter doesn't make sense.
Tony79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #48
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
Noah Syndergaard + Jeff McNeil (who is underrated as HELL in the default roster set) for Keston Hiura gets me a "This must be a joke." along with no body on my team they'd want in addition.

And yet - on the flip side, shopping Cano and his horrid deal around gets me Durbin + Chavis + Chatham from the Red Sox. Which obviously I'm all in on lol.
Ppppplease call Brodie and get him on this, stat!

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:32 AM   #49
Robbes
Bat Boy

Thanks for the Update, it's working now.

I started a new game with the Yankees in Challenge Mode (AI on Hard) and of course I still need to send Judge & Torres for a guy like Soto, but at least it's possible, which it wasn't before
Robbes is offline   Reply With Quote