Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-01-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Perfect 419 Season 18

Well here we go again. The Alchemists had a dream season last season and The Zorros have won their second Championship in a row. What will this season bring? Barry Bonds has set some lofty goals but they are individual set and not team set. Let’s hope that does not create a problem. Ok 2036 here we go...l😁

Last edited by Zorro; 04-01-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Mistake
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

For those of you Not there last season the Area X Chemists proved anything can happen in these leagues. They trailed the Breakers until the last 5 games of the season and then over took them for the Division winning 88 games. That was the least amount of wins in the Playoffs, Less then all 4 of the wild card teams. They also were like 15 in hitting and 23 in pitching. Now when you put in the fact that it was one of the most talented leagues ever put together (it Was the most talented I have even been in) it was incredible the run they made. They made it all the way to the Championship Series and were just two games away from winning it all. It was reminiscent of the 67 Red Sox season. Lol. That is why I love this game. You never know what will happen. So let’s pull up a chair and get it started. Good luck to all and enjoy the ride...

Last edited by Zorro; 04-01-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The most Home Runs for a player I have seen in 17 seasons of play was 48 by Babe Ruth.(I forgot what team he played for) Barry Bonds of the Rocky Point Zorros has stated he is going to hit 50 this season. That statement has brought some dissension among other teammates and caused Zorro to call a meeting to state. “Men we are a team. Our goal is to try and win our third straight Championship. Individual records do not matter. Anyone who disagrees with this can be moved to another team with different goals.” After the meeting Bonds was seen walking away shaking his big head. Will this interfere with the Zorros season? Will he be sent packing? The Alchemists has proved it is not all about the strength of your team but the will of playing together. We shall see. Should be very interesting. Can the Alchemists duplicate their Cinderella season of last? Will the Zorros win their 3rd straight and 4 of the last 5? Will there be another wonderful story to tell for 2036? Well let’s go see. The season has started.😁
Old 04-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

As I look through the other teams in this league I see my friend Dunzie with his Guelph Blue team also won a Championship last season and is trying to repeat. We are in the same Division. I did not want to see that. Lol. My personal rivals the Base Thieves are here in my Conference and I never like that. I do not see the Saint Paul team. I have played with them for years now and I will miss them badly. Good luck Dog wherever you are at. You are a classy organization and your Pizza and Beer Friday’s have become a tradition with my wife now and forever.

Last edited by Zorro; 04-01-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It’s time for PT baseball. Good morning everyone where ever you may be. Pull up a chair and sit awhile because it is opening day where all teams feel they have a chance to win it all and claim that trophy we All cherish to own. Well here we go. Good luck to all this season....😁
Old 04-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Honus Wagner of the Central Falcons says “48? I might hit that in the first month.” Mr Wagner has made his mark by hitting 3 homers in the first two games. Barry Bonds of the Zorros could learn something here with a be quiet and carry a big stick approach.

Last edited by Zorro; 04-01-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

This league is LOADED. I'm ascared. This could be the year my alternate teams face a real chance at relegation and my Blues are in the division of death! THIS... is why I drink!!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #8
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

By my not-so-reliable math and counting skills... 19 Perfect Championships and 65 Championships overall in here. Nice.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #9
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I feel like Donavan’s hurdy Gurdy man. Or maybe Barry Menilows “I been up, Down, Trying to get the feeling again”. That winning feeling. We just do not have our grove together yet. Bonds is hot but the rest of the team is not. April has been a rough ride so far for the Rocky Point Zorros. The other champion Gryphons Blue is also starting off slow at 9-9. It is only April but every games counts.😨
Old 04-01-2019, 10:01 PM   #10
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Yeah I know it's early but man it's tough struggling out of the gate especially when you see the division leaders out to such a strong start. Hope we aren't buried too deep this early!
Old 04-02-2019, 01:48 AM   #11
joehart
All Star Starter

Perfect 419 Season 18

Yikes. Finally made it back from the game and noticed my team had another April struggle.

I don’t know how else to put it....but real baseball is really hurting my team. It looks like there were times I could have used other players or replaced my tired bullpen.

It will be a fun challenge trying to get back into it and make the playoffs.
Zorro for third in a row?

Last edited by joehart; 04-02-2019 at 03:57 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #12
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

April Standings
Attached Images
Old 04-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #13
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

As we move into May we see some very good teams struggling. It appears the Alchemists Cinderella story of 2035 is struggling at 13-13 in the first month of 2036. A defending Champion Gryphons Blue are even having a tougher time to repeat as they sit on a 12-14 record in April. And most surprising the Seattle Base Thieves sit in last place in the AC West Division at 12-14. The good news is that they are only 3 and a half games out of first place. Last season they also started out slow but picked it up big time as the season went on to finish a respectable 90-73. It is very early but you don’t want to get to far behind. May and June will be very important for these three teams to see if the trend will continue or if these great teams can put it all together and make a run. Should be interesting to watch. 😁
Old 04-02-2019, 08:38 AM   #14
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Zorros who never sit for long has added a member to their starting lineup. Ron Santo will now take the place of Francisco Linder at 3rd Base. This could be a problem because Linder was the starter the last two seasons. Both were Rocky Point Championships. So let’s hope (For Zorros sake) that the chemistry stays good .The lineup has slowed down quite a bit by adding Bonds and Santo in the starting lineup. They use to rely on pitching and speed. Now because of trying to boost attendance they seem to be going for a little more power. This could be a mistake. Way would you change something that was working? Is Zorro over thinking it? The quest for three is underway. They ended April at 18-7 and have a two and a half game lead over San Diego in the AC central division. They have won the last two championships and three of the last four. Why would you tinker with that?🤷*♂️
Old 04-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #15
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Barry (The mouth) Bonds said at the start of the season he was going after the Home Run Record of 48. The Zorros helped him out some by pulling in the Right Field fences and changing the Ballpark from .900 to 1.100 for left hand hitters HR. This upset Pitchers Martinez and Schilling but as Zorro explained, They always lead the league in home runs allowed so this could work in the team’s favor. Martinez was not convinced. Bond hit 5 homers in April which would be at that pace 30 homers on the season. Well short of the record. Ruth has only hit 2 dingers so the fence has not helped him at all. In the league 4 players hit 8 homers in April. At that pace they would all tie the record of 48. When Bonds was asked about his April he stated “The warm weather is coming and so will my home run production.” Martinez was asked about Bonds statement and he replied “I wish Barry would worry more about the team’s record then the Home Run Record.” Are we starting to see cracks in the Rocky Point Zorros ? The quest of three straight championships could be in danger if the chemistry starts to fade. Should be a very interesting season.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #16
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Oakland Keys who are 18-9 and a half game back of Barely Legal in the AC East have the two leading pitchers in wins for April with 5. Schilling and Ruffing both have 5 wins which if they keep up that pace would have 30 wins at season end. They have a combined 10-1 record which means The Keys are 8-8 with the rest of the rotation. Cobb of Barely Legal leads all batters with a .400 ave. Will there ever be a .400 hitter in the perfect league? I personally do not believe that is possible. To many great pitchers you face over and over again. In the NC East we have another defending champion with a slow start. The ASMS Dragons are in third place with a record of 14-13. The Snowbirds and The Zorros have the best record in the Perfect 419 league with a 18-7 record while the Gladwin Goshawks have the worst record at 4-23. That is what you call a rough start.😱
Old 04-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It is 10am est and do you know what time it is?
It’s Time for Zorro baseball. Good morning everyone and a pleasant morning to you all. Grab a comfortable chair and sit with us for awhile as The Zorros quest for three is underway in May. May is the Month you try and get comfortable with your lineup and staff. A tweak here and a tweak there and you hope you figured it out. This month is where you figure out what kind of team and division competition you have. I like to be comfortable with my team after May to make a run for the Division. So here we go. Let’s play ball....😁
Old 04-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #18
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Proof positive that a World Series hangover can happen to an undisciplined team... the Blue Gryphs are dying a slow death while the Oakland Keys who we beat for the title are hungrier than ever and killing it. Not looking good for a rematch.

Zorro you’re obviously better at keeping your team hungry for more!

I’m firing myself tonight if this team doesn’t have a rebound.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #19
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

There is a ugly rumor going on that Dunzie a 2 time Championship winner could be let go if the Guelph Gryphons Blue team does not turn around their slow start .As of this moment the Blue are playing .500 ball at 14-14 in fourth place in the AC central 5 and a half behind the Zorros. A replacement could come as soon as June if they do not play with more passion. When asked if there will be any changes to the team roster Dunzie quickly stated that he believes it is his fault that the Hangover of winning the Championship has happened and did not seem to imply any changes would come. When Zorro was asked about this he stated “Dunzie is a two time Championship winner. That speaks for itself. I believe the problem is not on him. He does not hit or pitch or fields but he does manage and he proves he does that well so if it was my team, Some heads could roll and none of them would be the Manager Dunzie.” So this season has more twist and turns then a Rold Gold pretzel. This is going to be a very interesting season.😁
Old 04-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #20
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
There is a ugly rumor going on that Dunzie a 2 time Championship winner could be let go if the Guelph Gryphons Blue team does not turn around their slow start .As of this moment the Blue are playing .500 ball at 14-14 in fourth place in the AC central 5 and a half behind the Zorros. A replacement could come as soon as June if they do not play with more passion. When asked if there will be any changes to the team roster Dunzie quickly stated that he believes it is his fault that the Hangover of winning the Championship has happened and did not seem to imply any changes would come. When Zorro was asked about this he stated “Dunzie is a two time Championship winner. That speaks for itself. I believe the problem is not on him. He does not hit or pitch or fields but he does manage and he proves he does that well so if it was my team, Some heads could roll and none of them would be the Manager Dunzie.” So this season has more twist and turns then a Rold Gold pretzel. This is going to be a very interesting season.😁

Zorro I think Baseball America needs a new writer!! You have your resume dusted off?