Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Does this seem like a bronze team to you guys?

I would like opinions. I'm just curious what people's opinions are about where they feel this team "should be" considering the quality of the players?

I have never gotten out of bronze, but I feel like they are at least Gold level, possibly higher. What do you vets think?

I ask because it feels a little ridiculous to be facing this type of team in
"level one" so to speak. Note: the 30 1/2-game lead in his division.

Thanks for your opinions!

PS He has been in bronze for eight seasons if that matters to anyone. I will post the pic of his record if anyone cares enough to see, or if it makes a difference in your opinion forming.
Attached Images

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-16-2019 at 07:19 PM. Reason: standings
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

That pitching staff will get rocked at Gold. Just because he has Gold and Diamond pitchers doesn't mean they are good. I have 2 silver card pitchers that are better than everyone he has except Sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2019, 07:41 PM   #3
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
That pitching staff will get rocked at Gold. Just because he has Gold and Diamond pitchers doesn't mean they are good. I have 2 silver card pitchers that are better than everyone he has except Sale.

You still didn't answer the question, though. Should he be in bronze with that roster? You told me where you thought he shouldn't be, but where should a roster of that caliber be?
Old 03-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Probably should be Silver but probably he's had a hard time in playoffs and only teams that make World Series get promoted.

His team is built for regular season and not to take advantage of platoons in a series.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #5
Echo127
Minors (Single A)

That's a gold level team, I think.
Echo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #6
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I was 353-133 over 3 seasons before I got out of Bronze, so yes - entirely possible.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Wow. I guess the rough time paid off. EIGHT seasons in bronze, but now has a team like that? Nuts...
Attached Images

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-16-2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: pic
Old 03-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

It looks like a bronze team to me. Pretty weak.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #9
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
It looks like a bronze team to me. Pretty weak.
Wow...playoffs 6 out of seven years. More than a 30 game lead in the standings and you think he belongs playing the weakest teams in the entire game?
Surprising, but entitled to your own opinion of course.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #10
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

nvm

Last edited by Orcin; 03-16-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #11
Nyflamingos
Minors (Single A)

are you mad that hes in bronze? or you think its unfair? his team is probably above bronze level but i dont think its crazy ... he has a perfect sale which is pretty big at that level ... lindor and doolittle are nice too but ... i mean .. the rest of his lineup is mehhhhh ... you can make a better lineup from silvers
Nyflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:52 PM   #12
Nyflamingos
Minors (Single A)

this is one of my teams... think i invested $10 into them at the start .. you just need to get an identity build a team that works together ... and you will be all set ... my team is nothing special but somehow we keep moving on
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-16-2019, 10:58 PM   #13
Nyflamingos
Minors (Single A)

if you need help with your team ..i can give you some pointers if you want to message me
Old 03-16-2019, 11:00 PM   #14
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Bad luck in the playoffs can keep a team in bronze a LONG time. My B team spent 10 season there making the playoffs the last 5, then won the silver championship my 1 week there. Now stuck in gold.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:38 PM   #15
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyflamingos View Post
are you mad that hes in bronze? or you think its unfair? his team is probably above bronze level but i dont think its crazy ... he has a perfect sale which is pretty big at that level ... lindor and doolittle are nice too but ... i mean .. the rest of his lineup is mehhhhh ... you can make a better lineup from silvers

No anger whatsoever. Do I harbor any delusions I can possibly beat him in the playoffs? No. Would I like to be playing against teams closer to my ability and FTP-ness? Sure.

If I have a point, it's that his team would face an ACTUAL challenge at the next level, not just dominate bronze every year. I can't even crack WC standings after 4 seasons in bronze and this guy made the playoffs 6/7 years and already locked them up for this year. So 7/8 years in the playoffs. Meanwhile I've made them once and I think I have a pretty good team.

I posted this actually curious if his was a bronze roster. Because if people truly believe his team deserves to be in bronze I will stop wasting my time trying to play this game with the delusion I can ever compete. Because if a guy with THIS roster can't break free from level one I don't stand a chance. And there's basically nothing I hate more in this world than wasting my time. I'd rather focus on an endeavor I can have fun, entertainment, and pride in. Not disappointment over and over.

Even if his truly is a BRZ team I feel like maybe there's a way to better matchup teams within each league for competitive balance. I have to state this very clearly for those who have read my other thread and think I'm trolling or whining:

I have no problem losing. AT ALL. It helps strategies develop. It also builds character and makes it more fun when you DO finally win. I just really don't want to play a game where I'm stuck on level one seemingly through no fault in my own. If I own a .550-.620 WP% every year and have only made the playoffs once then what is the minimum required? Some years a .500 team makes it, and that's the year my team all have a slump year together. Then, when there's teams like this my team plays so much better, but I'm on the outside looking in.

My records are totally random (seemingly). I tried a defensive/pitching team, a moneyball team, a power team, and now a mix of all 3. And after 4 seasons I want to feel competitive. In short if I made it to silver and never moved up again or even relegated back and forth I'd be fine with that. But seeing teams like this in the lowest level blocking teams like mine from any fun in the playoffs ruins a bit of the challenge. I also have nowhere to go. I can't get relegated to a lower level where I stand a chance of the WS, and I get to go into every season knowing that 5 or 6 teams every season in bronze look like this, and surprisingly they are always the ones making the playoffs by 30 games.

Even though statistically my team is still in it, I know for all intents and purposes I'm looking towards next year already. And all I can do is pray that I don't get paired up with a team like this.

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-16-2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: edit
Old 03-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #16
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Annnnnnnnnnd clinched the wildcard, but one and done as expected.

I have no idea what to do to improve my team. My pitching staff was sick, with every pitcher sporting a sub-4 FIP. I spent soooo much time improving it for this year only to have a worse record and get bumped from the PO much sooner... -6 Pyth as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-17-2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason: wrong picture
Old 03-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #17
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Your far to critical of yourself.

You've improved from 65 wins to almost 100 wins in 3 seasons, improved your ERA from 4.73 to 3.32, and made the Playoffs twice.

As we have said before, this is a nose to the grinder type of game. No easy fast jumps unless you pull something lucky.

Keep at it.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #18
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Annnnnnnnnnd clinched the wildcard, but one and done as expected.

I have no idea what to do to improve my team. My pitching staff was sick, with every pitcher sporting a sub-4 FIP. I spent soooo much time improving it for this year only to have a worse record and get bumped from the PO much sooner... -6 Pyth as well.

Would you prefer this result?
I think you should quit this game now and never look back.
My team had the highest positive run differential in the entire league.
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:00 PM   #19
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Would you prefer this result?
I think you should quit this game now and never look back.
My team had the highest positive run differential in the entire league.

yes the ball takes funny bounces. sorry that happend to you this season. i know the feeling. very frustrating.
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 PM   #20
Mudster
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyflamingos View Post
I would happily play that team with my Silver and under team every game of the year. He should be gold, but I can see him getting stuck in silver also.
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote