Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-28-2019, 09:22 PM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
Orcin, how did the Louisville Colonels do last season in perfect?
Did Sisler continue being an absolute stud?
After my Point Loma Indians got relegated, I nearly got relegated again in diamond
We made the World Series but lost to Big Bang Quasars, a team with 22 perfects. Sisler had another 4 WAR season with fewer (16) homers but 51 doubles and 40 stolen bases.

I hope we can get this theme league going so we could play together again. Your Indians would be a great fit there.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:38 PM   #22
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
We made the World Series but lost to Big Bang Quasars, a team with 22 perfects. Sisler had another 4 WAR season with fewer (16) homers but 51 doubles and 40 stolen bases.

I hope we can get this theme league going so we could play together again. Your Indians would be a great fit there.
Thanks, theme teams would be awesome!
22 perfects....yikes! Who were the other 3 guys on his team? Ichiro, Ozzie, and Barker???
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:12 AM   #23
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
Thanks, theme teams would be awesome!
22 perfects....yikes! Who were the other 3 guys on his team? Ichiro, Ozzie, and Barker???
Three top historical diamonds. I forget who... didn't matter. I was a grease spot in the road anyway.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #24
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

I just started an all Yankees theme yesterday, so its going to take a while to get up to everyone's level
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #25
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I have an all-Tigers themed team that is currently in Diamond. robtoml is the username, and the team name is the Motor City Togers.

I also have an all-Future Legend team currently in Perfect League under the username DishTwitch, called the New Orleans Nostalgia. Don't know about the ethics of one person being in the same league as another account of that person, but it's there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Three top historical diamonds. I forget who... didn't matter. I was a grease spot in the road anyway.
Hey, I think we were in the same league last season! I was the Battle Creek Maple Syrup Cartel.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 01-29-2019 at 02:46 PM.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #26
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Hey, I think we were in the same league last season! I was the Battle Creek Maple Syrup Cartel.
And we are together again this year (P405)!
Old 01-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #27
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

I have a Diamond level New York team.

In the age of political correctness, there are Yankees, Mets and Brooklyn Dodgers coexisting as the Old York Yankopolitans.

Level: Diamond
Manager: nyny
Name: Old York Yankopolitans
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #28
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Pittsburgh themed team here in it's first Diamond season. Won a Bronze level series a few weeks ago. Cards are not limited to Pirate seasons or even players that only played in the Pirates' organization. Had to expand the theme to former coaches (i.e. Frankie Frisch) or players born in the Pittsburgh area (i.e. Stan Musial, Dick Allen, Ian Happ).
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #29
chazzycat
All Star Starter

thanks for all the responses from the Discord folks! I will update the list later today
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #30
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
Pittsburgh themed team here in it's first Diamond season. Won a Bronze level series a few weeks ago. Cards are not limited to Pirate seasons or even players that only played in the Pirates' organization. Had to expand the theme to former coaches (i.e. Frankie Frisch) or players born in the Pittsburgh area (i.e. Stan Musial, Dick Allen, Ian Happ).

Since it's the Steel City, you can consider Ricky Henderson, Lou Brock, et al.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #31
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Since it's the Steel City, you can consider Ricky Henderson, Lou Brock, et al.

Yeah, it's getting to the point that I may have to find novel ways to continue competing with this theme due to the lack of quality, affordable Pittsburgh players. The Diamond Vaughan, Bonds, and Wagner cards will always be out-of-reach while Blyleven, Blanton, and Kluszewski are over-priced. I did win an auction last week for Tiny Bonham, but my only Diamond card is Gerrit Cole. Still managing a bullpen with 6 Silver cards!

I'm hoping that Gold cards for Lloyd Waner, Freddy Sanchez, Tekulve, and Pie Traynor are added before OOTP20.
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:35 PM   #32
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
What's the username for this team? Thanks!
Old 01-29-2019, 06:25 PM   #33
Gator993
Bat Boy

greenwell - Boston Braves - Gold Currently. All Red Sox
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:08 PM   #34
touya
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yea, please don't forget me Manager: jedao Team; Kallisti
touya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:16 PM   #35
chestybump
Bat Boy

Manager: chestybump
Team: Queens Amazin's

This is a Mets theme team, with any player who has (or will) appear for the Mets. Currently Gold level hoping to go up
chestybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #36
screamingpalm
Minors (Single A)

I'm definitely interested! I have two theme teams, so either one works for me. (3 if you count my all-iron team hehe).

Team: Baltimore Orioles
username: screamingpalm

Team: Seattle Mariners
username: AncientMariner

Both are currently in Gold leagues

Correction- Mariners in Gold, Orioles in Silver... which is crazy since my Orioles team won over 100 games the previous week lol.

Last edited by screamingpalm; 02-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.
screamingpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:38 AM   #37
CapeCodCranberry
Bat Boy

Team: CapeCodCranberry
User: GPATCHIN
Im in my 2nd season of "barely above" .500 @ the Diamond Level on my All Red Sox team (although I use Han Ram as my SS).
I would totally be down for an all Theme Team league!
CapeCodCranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #38
ajwindon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Theme teams:

Team: Washington Nationals, All Nationals/Senators/Expos team (currently in Silver)
User: ajwindon1

Team: Kellam Knights, All Future Legend team (currently in Diamond)
User: thirdday609
ajwindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:06 PM   #39
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by touya View Post
Yea, please don't forget me Manager: jedao Team; Kallisti
I won't! But would you mind letting me know the league level, and also what your theme is?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2019, 03:10 PM   #40
edmc
Bat Boy

Braves theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
... please let me know the username for the theme team (I assume most of our theme teams are the 2nd or 3rd team)
My username is edmc9, them name is "Dacula Braves". The team to 100% Braves franchise, so includes Bees and Beaneaters. Actually this is my first team. I am in Diamond, if the season ended today I would be demoted; but I have never been demoted because other teams start tanking, subtly. I bet I will be in Diamond for a long time as I am not sure all Braves will ever be strong enough to make it to Perfect.
edmc is offline   Reply With Quote