Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
BoomsdayDevice
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Expos question...

Sorry if this has been discussed as I am new to the forum. With the Expos if you start a franchise in lets say 1994 will there be a strike? Also, can you keep the team in Montreal or do they move to DC? Lastly, I want to expand to 32 teams how do you go about doing that?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.
“[Baseball] breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone." ~ A. Bartlett Giamatti

Last edited by BoomsdayDevice; 08-01-2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: forgot something
BoomsdayDevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

No strike. The AI will play as if there was a 162 game schedule for all the teams, producing some interesting "what if" stats.

In 2005 they will move to WAS because you are playing historical and that's what happened.

You cannot expand playing straight historical because once the season ends, the AI sets up for the actual next historical year, which means no expansion. However, if you set up your game as fictional, you can get around this.

Game > Game settings > League settings, click on Delete this league. Delete all the players from the free agent list. Then import the historical teams you want from whatever year into their proper divisions. Finally click on Expand league. Don't forget before play when you check your league settings to click on "import real historical rookies". The total number of players in your league will be tight.
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
BoomsdayDevice
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the info.

I thought of a couple more questions....

How does the draft work? Like say I am starting a franchise again we will use the 1994 Expos as an example. They drafted Hiram Bocachica in the first round. Would Troy Glaus (drafted in the 2nd round by the Halos) be an option in the first round? Charlie Ward was drafted in the 18th round. Would someone like that be available?

Also, how does getting a new ballpark work? Is that even an option?
“[Baseball] breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone." ~ A. Bartlett Giamatti

Last edited by BoomsdayDevice; 08-01-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: hnfg
BoomsdayDevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

You can have the strike if you want. Go into Edit league schedule prior to teh season and from the drop down for historical schedules select AS 1994. Thgat will end games in August when the strike happened but you will also want to disable playoffs in 1994. In 1995 you can select AS 1995, so the season starts later.
If you have draft enabled you can draft anyone you want to. You can also select that players go to their original teams or that all rookies are FA and you can sign whomever you want to. You can also use historical transaction if you want get Pedro from the Dodgers just to see him leave to Boston later on.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #5
steady teddy
Major Leagues

I no longer have the save, but I could have sworn when I had a 1980's Historical game going there was a shortened season in 1981 and I did not edit the schedule. Shouldn't there have been a full season played out that year unless I wanted to shorten it due to the Summer Strike?
steady teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steady teddy View Post
I no longer have the save, but I could have sworn when I had a 1980's Historical game going there was a shortened season in 1981 and I did not edit the schedule. Shouldn't there have been a full season played out that year unless I wanted to shorten it due to the Summer Strike?
I thought there ws a way to select the as played schedules vs the actual schedules during league creation but not positive. Maybe you selected the AP schedule.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #7
steady teddy
Major Leagues

I did a quick Historical restart of 1981. Going through the settings there is this option:

I enabled it and ran a quick sim through the entire season. Final Standings in second screenshot. The other save I had going was started in an earlier year so I assume that option was enabled by default because I definitely did not check it myself.
Attached Images
Image Image 
steady teddy is offline   Reply With Quote