Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Contract length

I don't know about anyone else but i don't see star players being signed for long term contracts for the money i think they should be getting. For example Stamkos re-signed with TB but for only two more years and for only 7.7 million which is only 200k more a year then he's currently making.
I can understand a younger 20 year old superstar only getting a slight bump in pay. Usually this is called a bridge deal but for someone like Stamkos who is in his prime and is an established superstar he should be getting a long term deal worth a lot of money. I would say something along the lines of 9-10 million a year for 5 years minimum. In real life these guys are looking to get the most money they can and the game should reflect that other wise you'll never really run into cap issues and as we know that's a common thing these days and one of the things i find fun about hockey sim games.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 10-08-2015 at 10:47 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Ive noticed this too where everyone signs a 2 or 3 year deal. Havent come across one longer than 3 years
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:55 PM   #3
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

In my game Stamkos signed 7 year contract extension. 8,250,000 milj per year.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:57 AM   #4
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

I would have to agree with this. I have played through a couple different saves playing around and learning some things about the game. In my most recent one I took over an expansion team traded the house to get stamkos and he took a short term big money deal 2 years 10.5 mil a season. But in both of the other games stammer ended up staying with the lightning on short term deals for the same money he had?

I mean honestly if he didn't want a big contract he would already be signed IRL. I did notice this in the old game aswell, Most big name players would take fairly small contracts well into their late 20's, then you would need to over pay them once they hit 30 (Big money long term deals that were aweful by the end of the duration).
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:26 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Long contracts can lead to some nasty cap issues for AI teams, even with the steps we've taken (e.g. compliance buyouts) to allow them to weasel out of really big mistakes. Since leaguewide cap issues are probably the single worst thing that can happen to roster management in the game (it leads to a chain of catastrophic AI problems when no team can find a trading partner for salary dumps), I prefer to be pretty conservative when it comes to having AI teams make long-term commitments. They'll still make long-term deals, as attested to above, but they're not quite as frequent as real life.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:28 AM   #6
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the explanation Jeff. Maybe this is something that can be changed down the road if the AI gets smarter with cap management but like you said now would cause major problems which would be worse.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #7
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks jeff that makes sense!

I did sim out 10 years and saw there were a bunch of contracts for 5-8 years. Not too many but enough contracts.

And i also saw draft picks being trading which is good.
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

FYI Bettman hates long term contracts too. And just ask the Islanders how DiPietro is doing....
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote